The "Crow or Gripe About Your All Star Team Thread: 2017-18

hf101

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Send me what you want

Honestly, Rux, until Crawford gets back....I can't make a deal with you, and even then I would have to think about it. I need a quality goaltender in return. I want to see how well Craig Anderson is playing in a month or two.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Honestly, Rux, until Crawford gets back....I can't make a deal with you, and even then I would have to think about it. I need a quality goaltender in return. I want to see how well Craig Anderson is playing in a month or two.

Gotcha. Makes sense. 

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Playing @J0e Th0rnton this week in All Stars, we are both built the same way more or less, both teams concentrating on the same non scoring categories. I have jumped out to an early lead but it should be a tough matchup.

Let's not pretend my dear kryptonite.

I never beat you ever lol

Trade:

To Halifax:  Getzlaf  & Crawford (from whence he initially came)

To Hell:  Simmonds & Talbot

I ended up with Crawford in both Nahana and All-Stars and have trade him in both within the last week.  Of Chicago and Edmonton, I think Edmonton has the better chance of turning around.  I think we're seeing in Chicago what the team actually is.   And Talbot had a couple decent games before he went down, so if being out has cleared his head and he plays like the last two games before injury, that should be okay.  And Fleury should be coming back and at least splitting time in the crease.   

But the real impetus for me was Getzlaf/Simmonds.  I like Getzlaf and was waiting all season for him to come off IR.   All three times he's been on it.   He's about to come back and I liked him for the M-W-F that the Ducks often play.  But I was already short on RW and with Oshie hurt, that situation was even worse.      I think Simmonds has been misused and should have sat for a bit following his injury, but he seems to be slowly coming out of that (hopefully...let me pretend for a moment), so...

In any case, whatever my team has or hasn't been, it's been without Getzlaf, so I guess nothing lost on the offensive side.  We'll see about goalie.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:11 PM, FD19372 said:

I want to see how well Craig Anderson is playing in a month or two.

He won't be.  He's completely and entirely worthless in fantasy other than as a third to put in to try to grab a SV category or to make sure you get goalie starts on light weeks for your other goalies.

I can't imagine Ottawa will improve until there's a coaching change.  What Guy Boucher is doing with that team in terms of lines and style of play makes absolutely no sense.   WTF is Hoffman doing on a third line?  A 28 year old  guy with 3 consecutive 25+ goal seasons with 60 pts in the last two (59 & 61) and you stick him on the third line.   And now he has Duchene with Dzingle and Smith.   Stop trying to make Smith happen.    They drive me nuts as a team.  They should be good, but not one player on that team is playing up to ability.  Not one.  And that includes Anderson.   It's a jumbled mess.

If they fire Boucher, you may have yourself a quality starter, but not until then.   

(This whole thing isn't directed at you.  Ottawa has become kind of my second adopted team, and this is just pure frustration with that organization and coach).  

Morning @TropicalFruitGirl26 !

Hey TFG.... good luck this week.  Should be a tremendous battle between our two teams (we are in 2nd and 3rd place behind yave) .  Looking over the rosters, we are both fairly evenly matched.   Take a look at the stats .... (Season totals so far)

image.png

The only stat that I would consider you dominating would be (+/-).  I have a slight edge in PIM / SOG / and FOW.  You have a slight edge in G / A/ and PPA

As far as goaltending ....  again pretty even ....

image.png

This week should be a doozy .......  Again Good Luck! :)

~doc

31 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Hey congrats @J0e Th0rnton I fell asleep with a confortable lead, figuring I had a 8-7 win or possibly 9-6 but your damn Sharks bit me late handing me my first loss of the year. Good game!

Thank you

I am baffled that I somehow caught up. I looked 3 days into the week trailing by a huge amount in every category

41 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26congrats last week. Held off the Crippled Bears! 

Thanks.

A double edged sword at best.

I mean, on the one hand, Yay...I held off the Crippled Bears.

On the other hand... Yikes, I BARELY held off the Crippled Bears.....  :lol:

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

So, @FD19372, any interest in the trade offer?

I can't do that.I am sorry.  I need Giroux too much at the moment. Henrique just hasn't put up the goals and assist at this point as Giroux. Plus, Giroux is really strong on PPP AND faceoffs. I don't have a lot of other players with that kind of flexibility.

Big deal type trade that processed late last night....

The Green Star Blades get:

G- Devan Dubnyk (IR), G- Alex Stalock, LW- Taylor Hall (IR), LW/RW-Dustin Brown

Puttin on the Foil gets:

G- Ben Bishop, C- Auston Matthews (IR), D- Erik Johnson

I have been calling this trade a "hybrid trade".....that is, part hockey trade, part 'feel good' trade, as the players involved, I believe can help each side with categories, but at the same time, part of the dealings were because each side simply liked players the other had..... I am still a Dubnyk fan, and I do like Taylor Hall, meanwhile, Yave seems to be an Erik Johnson fan.

I feel the Wild are starting to come around defensively a bit, and Stalock has looked better than I ever thought he would...of course, getting Dubnyk back will be huge for my team and the Wild themselves too.

Taylor Hall is a dynamic scorer having a good season on a team that is trending upwards....just waiting on him to get back from the IR list.

And Dustin Brown is a multi-category type player playing top six minutes on a Kings team that looks very, very strong this year.

The Foil get Dallas starter Ben Bishop to offset his loss of Minnesota goaltending. Bish can still be a great goalie, but he also has the potential for a powerful Stars offense to back him up.

Erik Johnson is kinda like Dustin Brown on defense...a multi cat guy who seems to be anchoring that Colorado defense surprisingly well.

Auston Matthews, well, what can you say? Might be the single best player in the deal, but the Star Blades have a glut of centers right now, and I thought the team has enough offense even without Matthews, but the Foil can add his scoring touch (when he gets back) to his already finely balanced team.

Overall, I think both sides did well on both the performance front and in the "I want that guy" front.

Not sure how I feel about this one, but probably will regret it.

Wilson, Matthews, Duchene, Bishop to Hell Bears

Backstrom, Simmonds, Talbot to Putting on the Foil

You know what?  I just can't get myself to like Backstrom.  He's okay, but he's less okay this year than others.

Simmonds should be better than he is.  I hope as a Flyers' fan that he improves, but this may be his fantasy down year.  He seems to be one up one down, but last year was two ups in a row.

Talbot will likely eventually turn around.  I think we're actually at the beginning stages of that.     But even then, I think the goalies are probably even or Bishop slightly better.

Wilson was largely for peripherals in categories I need to improve on.  

Duchene is a throwin to help with the FWs I'd lose in Backstrom but may be waiver wire/streaming fodder.

And Matthews actually started out on my team and has come full circle.

I think it's likely that Yave comes out on top on this one, but it could go okay for me.

In what has turned out to be a disappointing season so far .......

Rasmus Ristolainen is tired of eating BBQ Pulled Pork and Ribs.  In a statement to team reporters (while dousing his Brisket sandwich with more BBQ sauce) .... "Too much BBQ is affecting my skills on the ice..... "

Therefore to accommodate his request he has been dealt to the Sharks ( @J0e Th0rnton  ) for Mathieu Perreault.  Perreault could then be over heard saying ........

Time to get me some BBQ!!!!!!  

EDIT:  My team, Divine Swine, is named after an awesome BBQ joint here in Lancaster, PA.  The BBQ is outstanding! :)

Image result for divine swine

@pilldoc

You know, Doc, I am thinking the REAL Ristolainen could probably pull the same stunt, but instead of BBQ pork, say he is tired of buffalo wings, and could whine...errrr, talk his way out of being on the Sabres and maybe get a trade to the SJ Sharks.  :ph34r:

6 hours ago, pilldoc said:

In what has turned out to be a disappointing season so far .......

Rasmus Ristolainen is tired of eating BBQ Pulled Pork and Ribs.  In a statement to team reporters (while dousing his Brisket sandwich with more BBQ sauce) .... "Too much BBQ is affecting my skills on the ice..... "

Therefore to accommodate his request he has been dealt to the Sharks ( @J0e Th0rnton  ) for Mathieu Perreault.  Perreault could then be over heard saying ........

Time to get me some BBQ!!!!!!  

EDIT:  My team, Divine Swine, is named after an awesome BBQ joint here in Lancaster, PA.  The BBQ is outstanding! :)

Image result for divine swine

Out near the Renaissance Faire, right?

I used to go to the Renaissance Fair quite a bit through HS and college.   Enjoyed it, minus the nagging problem that nearly all of it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Renaissance.

Always wanted to stop there for BBQ and never have.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Out near the Renaissance Faire, right?

I used to go to the Renaissance Fair quite a bit through HS and college.   Enjoyed it, minus the nagging problem that nearly all of it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Renaissance.

Always wanted to stop there for BBQ and never have.

Yup! You are correct.  Right there on 72 across from the Renaissance Fair.  Next time you are in the area you should stop.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to BBQ.  This place does it pretty good! I highly recommend it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived