Morin and Martel recalled

sekkes85

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-flyers-recall-samuel-morin-and-danick-martel--philadelphia-flyers/c-293237516

FINALLY have Morin on the big club.  He had a real unfortunate timing with his injury when we needed to recall him before and I know a lot of you have been begging for Martel.  My personal expectations are low for him but cheering the kid on in hopes he can provide a spark.

the biggest and smallest guys in the organization.

Maybe Martel turns into our version of Johnny Gadreau or Connor Sheary.

I hope he sees meaningful minutes with good linemates and isn't buried playing 8 a night with Lehtera and Weise.

38 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/otf-flyers-recall-samuel-morin-and-danick-martel--philadelphia-flyers/c-293237516

FINALLY have Morin on the big club.  He had a real unfortunate timing with his injury when we needed to recall him before and I know a lot of you have been begging for Martel.  My personal expectations are low for him but cheering the kid on in hopes he can provide a spark.

Finally Ron has given in to my harassing Emails i have been sending him on my requests to solve the Flyers scoring riddle!!!

:DancingGrape:

19 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

the biggest and smallest guys in the organization.

Sure but there is no measure for the biggest muscle required this team seems to be lacking.

HEART.

Maybe the Frenchies bring it they help save America before....can they do it again?

Nice i want to see the lines roll out....

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek

40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds

18 Danick Martel - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 11 Travis Konecny

20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

Sure the 3rd will be small in stature. 

But fast and gives Martel two gast set up guys.

Can always adjust during game.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

If Hak is all about accountability he should sit Ghost.     If you are gonna teach Ghost needs to be responsible... 

Yeah, quite a few bad, badly timed penalties by Ghost over the last handful of games. I don't know if I sit him, but he needs someone to settle him down.

40 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

He was awful again last night.   

Didn't see the play or game so not defending him in anyway but he needs a better partner than Manning.

Manning is scary sometimes in his own end.

The Flyers (not that i'm complaining) almost have too many offensive Dmen and not enough guys who are good/great at defense.

With Gudas out now you have only Ivan and Hagg who can play that type of role. Ghost and Sanheim have a lot still to learn about defending their own end and they are still a year or two away.

Supposedly when ready Friedman and Myers are suppose to be more of two Dmen not sure how much better at defense they will truly be.

Sam is suppose to be but he will need time to adjust to the speed and get the jitters out.

As hard as it was to get him up here i know he has to be thinking to much because he is afraid to make a mistake because he think s he be sent back.

Flyers need him to stick around and i'm pulling for him to make Manning eventually a healthy scratch.

Will see.

Anyone want to give us (me) a scouting report from the two new guys last night??

giphy.gif

Looks like Sam was ready to go!!!!

giphy.gif

Nice hit by Sam on Eberle.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not a smart play by Sam. Demote him now. Just kidding.

giphy.gif

Some nice wheels on Martel. I would like to see him moved up a line he is not a 4th liner.

giphy.gif

Almost.

giphy.gif

He was getting some chances that is good to see. Dude is pretty fast.

giphy.gif

Wow. I just notice the Flyers finally have a East coast game and no one made a game thread. You guys have to tighten up!!! :VeryCool:

Any ways always good to see the refs have gotten better. So this is a penalty????

giphy.gif

Are you kidding me???

But this isn't called???

giphy.gif

Unreal. So much for player safety.

@OccamsRazor Martel wasn't on the 4th line. He played with Patrick.

42 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Didn't see the play or game so not defending him in anyway but he needs a better partner than Manning.

Morin was his partner last night. 

59 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

@OccamsRazor Martel wasn't on the 4th line. He played with Patrick.

Morin was his partner last night. 

Really the clips i seen it was him and Manning out there on one of the turnovers that went the other way for a score.

Might have been a line change.

Thanks.

Martel was fast and made things happen - almost scored a few goals. But Patrick still needs to find his game. Sloppy passing and turnovers are a common thing with him. 

Morin looked so so.  A few nice plays defensively, two bad penalties.

Provorov also looked not great. Turnovers and got his pocket picked a few times. 

Ghost was brutal lol.

All around, a bad night for defensemen. Sanheim and Hagg were probably the best defenders last night.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Martel was fast and made things happen - almost scored a few goals. But Patrick still needs to find his game. Sloppy passing and turnovers are a common thing with him. 

Morin looked so so.  A few nice plays defensively, two bad penalties.

Provorov also looked not great. Turnovers and got his pocket picked a few times. 

Ghost was brutal lol.

All around, a bad night for defensemen. Sanheim and Hagg were probably the best defenders last night.

this sums it up.... Ghost has been brutal lately.    I thought it was Sanheim's best game as a Flyer so far.

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

this sums it up.... Ghost has been brutal lately.    I thought it was Sanheim's best game as a Flyer so far.

Yeah, it's almost like having Morin up made him feel like he was no longer the new guy haha. He was strong at both ends of the ice. 

Ghost still looks great in the offensive zone.... but he is easily the worst defensive blueliner on the team. It's probably what we'll get from him in the long run, and as long as he produces more than he costs the team, it's a good trade off. Sheltered minutes and OZ starts are key with Ghost. No other defenseman can do what he does for the offense. Yet.

I've seen Martel play ball hockey last summer at the World Ball Hockey championship.  He won silver playing with Canada.  He lead the tournament in scoring.  One thing I noted was how quick he could start and stop running...just like a tail back.  I see he can play similar on ice.  

He is obviously getting knocked around out there but he is 100% effort all the time.  He certainly makes things happen.  I don't know how long his tenure will last but I am enjoying watching him on the big club.  For those that have seen him play with the Phantoms I presume he is playing the same type of game with the Flyers since he is in a top 9 role?  He certainly hasn't been a perimeter player.  

Archived