Interesting rumour - Price to Philly???

darthbal

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'd trade a lot of pieces for Max, but then again not really.  

He's in exactly the same situation as Simmonds.  late 20's closing in on a new contract after next season that will likely pay him more than he's worth for years past productivity.  

Between the two, I'd probably rather keep Simmonds, (because hell, we all love the guy) but also, I feel like his extremely valuable skill set on the PP (where he's required to be strong, but not necessarily fast or agile) is likely to outlast his agility and speed at even strength in a way that retains value into his 30's.  

That said, the abuse he takes is also likely to lead to injury... which is somehow something he hasn't had to endure much of yet... which demonstrates durability.

If they were closer to competing for it all i would be more interested in him.

But they aren't.

He is a LW they could use but is only on the books for next year and as you said would be looking for a new deal.

He needs to go to a team who could use a nice LW rental and who maybe has an open for a year or two. That ain't the Flyers.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If they were closer to competing for it all i would be more interested in him.

But they aren't.

He is a LW they could use but is only on the books for next year and as you said would be looking for a new deal.

He needs to go to a team who could use a nice LW rental and who maybe has an open for a year or two. That ain't the Flyers.

I know, that's kinda why I was saying what I was saying.  

I have no idea whether or not the Flyers will resign SImmonds, and I really don't know how I feel about it myself because I see it many different ways... But that said, acquiring Pax is puts the team in a similar position as they're already in with Simmonds.  Good player... but do you want to give him 6.5+ for 8 years at 30 years old?   

If you were interested in doing that, I'd probably just as soon keep Simmonds.  He's not as versatile a player right now, but I think his particular skill set will age better than Max's and he's a year younger to boot.    

That said, however, you add Pax to the roster and keep Lehtera, Weise and Manning out of the lineup, I think you're actually icing a very competitive (though still very inexperienced) team that just doesn't have a goalie you'd trust to ride through the playoffs.  

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, darthbal said:

I must advise that this come from the Eklund site and friends...

But nonetheless, it would be an interesting trade...

To Montreal: 
Simmonds
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 
1st or 2nd Round Pick in 2019 or 2020 or Scott Laughton (Montreal can choose) 
1st Round Pick in 2018 (Montreal can choose either Philly or St. Louis' Pick) 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

Would you do it or not???  Is it to much to give for just one guy??   I also think that a goalie would have to be going the other way to Montreal

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This wasn't even a Eklund rumor, this was trade proposals submitted by subscribers.  I would put together a package if they hold on to 25% of the salary.  No way do I want Price for that long for that much.  

And since we love Eklund rumors so much (because they are so accurate) which defenseman is he referring too???

On the Flyers...

The play of Gostisbehere and Provorov has really been remarkable and I am starting to hear rumors that the Flyers are considering moving another top d-man for help up front...The Flyers do indeed find themselves in a great position...

I think it could be Sanheim...just guessing. 

Thoughts?

I have heard the Price rumors, but as a short-term fix they don't make much sense. The Pacioretty ones, however, have more validity. I'm thinking Simmonds, Sanheim and a high pick at the least. 

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I have heard the Price rumors, but as a short-term fix they don't make much sense. The Pacioretty ones, however, have more validity. I'm thinking Simmonds, Sanheim and a high pick at the least. 

Hell no. No effin way they send a package like that Flyers better get a pick back.

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So you're saying there's a chance??:VeryCool:

No. 

I'm not wanting to trade Sanheim but if i was too i would want a younger forward who can help back.

I would flip Simmer and maybe Sanheim to Calgary for Johnny Gaudreau for instance.........

Archived