Interesting rumour - Price to Philly???

darthbal

I must advise that this come from the Eklund site and friends...

But nonetheless, it would be an interesting trade...

To Montreal: 
Simmonds
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 
1st or 2nd Round Pick in 2019 or 2020 or Scott Laughton (Montreal can choose) 
1st Round Pick in 2018 (Montreal can choose either Philly or St. Louis' Pick) 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

Would you do it or not???  Is it to much to give for just one guy??   I also think that a goalie would have to be going the other way to Montreal

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

To Montreal: 
Simmonds
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

Would you do it or not???  Is it to much to give for just one guy??

stressed always sunny GIF

Short answer - heck no!  We have two good goalies on the way. Hart will probably spend 1 year with LV then join the parent club. Sandstrom is not that far behind.  How old is Price and they want 3 players plus these draft picks?  What are they smoking?  The way this team is built right now, we have too many holes to fill.  I could see a trade for Price only if we had other pieces in place and were short a goalie, nut still not at that price. No pun intended.

1 hour ago, darthbal said:

Stop right there ....yup it is Eklund so I take anything he says/writes with a grain of salt.

As far as the trade ....

image.png

That is WAY too much .... and speaking of WAY TOO MUCH .....have you seen his salary.  Starting in the 18-19 season , $10.4 million for 6 years with a NMC to boot.  The Flyers just got out of Cap Hell....

Like I said....it is Eklund .......

5 hours ago, darthbal said:

To Montreal: 
Simmonds
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

Would you do it or not???  Is it to much to give for just one guy??   I also think that a goalie would have to be going the other way to Montreal

I wouldn't do this in a million years. 

But only because it's idiotic. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Only if we can throw in Provorov and Frost too.....and a 2nd!

LOL

From the Homer Bible: "How you gonna have no second round picks if you don't trade them away?!"

and so everyone knows... this IS NOT Ek reporting this... it is his readers making **** up and the one that made this up is a Devils fan.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Carey-Price-to/1/90071

NJDevils29 does the unthinkable and tries to help the Flyers get him:)

To Montreal: 
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 
Hart-G 
Elliot-G 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

Ek's Note: I don't think Hart would be in this deal, and I think Montreal....well let me allow Delios to respond...

Delios001

Insert Wayne Simmons and scratch the goalies. 

We do not want any goalies back. Lindgren & McNiven are waiting in the minors. 

Ek's Note: Now you are getting somewhere...

18 hours ago, darthbal said:

To Montreal: 
Simmonds
Sanheim-D 
Lehtera-C 

To Phildaelphia: 
Price-G 

No.   This is stupid.  

17 hours ago, swflyers28 said:

Please, Price being traded.

Right?  That would be like trading Subban for an older, slower more expensive version of Subban whitish under contract for 10 more years.  

A proud organization like Montreal would never do anything as dumb as that.  

18 hours ago, PuckMeister said:

Short answer - heck no!  We have two good goalies on the way. Hart will probably spend 1 year with LV then join the parent club. Sandstrom is not that far behind.  How old is Price and they want 3 players plus these draft picks?  What are they smoking?  The way this team is built right now, we have too many holes to fill.  I could see a trade for Price only if we had other pieces in place and were short a goalie, nut still not at that price. No pun intended.

teying to imagine a scenario in which this makes sense.  

Can't do it without checking cap friendly which I'll do when I'm no longer on the train. 

13 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Can't do it without checking cap friendly which I'll do when I'm no longer on the train. 

You've going to have to search much farther and longer to figure out how this makes sense.   Go to a state where pot is legal.

And crystal meth.

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You've going to have to search much farther and longer to figure out how this makes sense.   Go to a state where pot is legal.

And crystal meth.

For the sake of due diligence...

Carey Price is under contract for 8 more years after this year.

Next year his salary and cap hit will bump up to 10.5 million per year.  

He's 30 now.

I thought I'd better check because if Price was only under contract for two more years or something, then SOME form of this deal (maybe Simmonds and a pick) might make sense for both sides.    But the totality of it is just so absurd...  it's SO crazy, it actually is starting to make me rethink my respect for Eklund.  Maybe I've been selling him short all this time afterall?  Where the hell does he come up with it?  It's all so just plain OUT THERE that I can't imagine inventing it out of the blue.   If that's the case, he's truly a creative mastermind and his genius is being wasted.  

55 minutes ago, King Knut said:

And the belief around the league (from Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts) is that Pacioretty and the Habs will split ways. Possibly by the deadline, but likely after the season.

My brother in law is a Habs fan and he hates what Bergevin has done with this team, especially the Subban deal.

5 minutes ago, brelic said:

And the belief around the league (from Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts) is that Pacioretty and the Habs will split ways. Possibly by the deadline, but likely after the season.

My brother in law is a Habs fan and he hates what Bergevin has done with this team, especially the Subban deal.

I'd trade a lot of pieces for Max, but then again not really.  

He's in exactly the same situation as Simmonds.  late 20's closing in on a new contract after next season that will likely pay him more than he's worth for years past productivity.  

Between the two, I'd probably rather keep Simmonds, (because hell, we all love the guy) but also, I feel like his extremely valuable skill set on the PP (where he's required to be strong, but not necessarily fast or agile) is likely to outlast his agility and speed at even strength in a way that retains value into his 30's.  

That said, the abuse he takes is also likely to lead to injury... which is somehow something he hasn't had to endure much of yet... which demonstrates durability.

Archived