Game 59: Flyers @ Rangers, 2/18 @ 12

Howie58

4 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

How many goals does schenn have? But anyway it's about time! Hey maybe that's just what he needed, to get the first goal under his belt , now if he could quietly score 10 goals, like Laughton (to my surprise) he might end up contributing after all!   Hey a guy can dream can't he?lol

Pucked:

I think the guy has played a responsible game.  He has skill.  Yeah, I would like to see some more scoring too.  He has made some good passes of late.  Maybe part of his problem is line mates.

Howie, true ! God knows coach hasn't been using ALL of his players to the best of their skills, don't know if you caught the comments re: G not playing center til he got to the pro's , well if you liked him enough to draft him based on his performances, then why make him change position we he obviously caught your eye in the first place? He's tearing it up on the wing now, imagine had he stayed at wing from the start of his career?

I watched parts of this game and two things sprung to mind immediately:

1) Though its no big surprise, but yea, the Rangers are $#@ing done this year. Blow it up, break out the draft board spreadsheets, start looking at minor league rosters, done. Fini. Bitmis. Kaput. Acabado.

2) That Tony DeAngelo has some set of grapefruits going after Wayne Simmonds.

I mean, I know DeAngelo is a fiery guy, but Wayne Simmonds is probably not the the guy you wanna go after to make a point of any sort.

DeAngelo has been trying real hard to stick in the NHL (he is still raw and young though), but man, fighting with Simmonds is just the 'hard way to do things'.

Simmonds looked like he really didn't wanna clobber the much smaller DeAngelo, but ultimately, in about one shot or two, he felled DeAngelo and the refs quickly got in there.

Tony, I like your fire, I like your determination and willingness to do whatever it takes to spark your team, but don't go around picking fights with players like Simmonds....doesn't bode well for your future endeavors in the NHL...

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Well, we won in Columbus after 12 years. I'd like to see us start the scoring.

Woah bro.......i wake up before work to find you got your wish....7-4 dayum! Mcdud and Lehtera joining in??? AMAZING!

However i see Neuvy is hurt....trip over the blueline and sprain his vag.

Nice to see a win in Columbus and New York in the same week. Great way to start my day. I only seen the highlights but nice to see Lyon come in make 25 stops and get his first win.

I will have to ask on how he did redeeming himself in net?? Guess Neuvy being hurt now will force a trade.

1 hour ago, Pucked in the head said:

Who's the next monkey on our back that we have to shed ? (cbj, nyr) it seems like they are ready to right old ships and turn the tables on the teams who may have had our number

I guess it would be the struggling Carey Price and the Canadiens however at home who as of today have lost 3 straight.

I hope these guys don't play down to the competition........fingers crossed. 

Well one thing i would do is take this week to take a loooooooooooooooog look at Lyon before you do anything drastic before the deadline...it is only one game....i say like his other games you can't get to low on his not so great play and you can't be so high on his good play....how does he look stringing together games.

jWk062CG?format=jpg&name=600x314

Now the time to see.

Ghost got lucky Buchnevich didn't bust out his Alex Semin boxing moves....

giphy.gif

Not even sure what this dumb ass was thinking??? Is he crazy??? He be pushin up daisies like that.

giphy.gif

Flyer's keystone cops Gudas and Manning left Lyon out to dry on this one...

giphy.gif

Much better in his movement in net...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

His positioning looks much better.

giphy.gif

And dude this kid's wrister is wicked!!!!!!

giphy.gif

And then G thang with his 200th.....icing on the cake.

Celly for your first win kid and ice up son they gonna need you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Great team win.

DWWG4qmWsAEz7P3.jpg

6-2-2 in the last 10!

There is another thread on the goalie situation but I have to wonder if Neuvy's days are numbered in Philly if they bring in someone else, even someone with an expiring contract.  The guy is brittle and inconsistent.  He is taking a slot space.  Hexy has stated that the old farts shouldn't hold back progress of the youngins.  Do we need another year of this?

Konecny with a wicked 3 point night. He’s quickly becoming our most creative and dangerous forward. He’s a much better fit than Jake on the top line because he can pass like G and finish like Coots. And much smarter with the puck than Jake.

In the last 23 games, he has 24 points, 6 multi-point games, and 6 game winning goals.

That’s impressive!

15 minutes ago, brelic said:

And much smarter with the puck than Jake.

He is fun to watch on the top line, he is always thinking to attack and is super quick with his feet and decision making, his vision is Giroux-like.

I really think he needed to be with other fast, smart players. I don't think guys further down the roster "got him".

The play he made to Couturier in the OT vs Columbus was ****** sublime...for that matter so was 14's shot. 

Apparently 20-year old Giroux made his NHL debut 10 years ago today, playing 9:27 against the Sens. 

He scored his first NHL goal the next season, at 21.

It’s a nice reminder that players need time to develop. 

21 hours ago, brelic said:

Apparently 20-year old Giroux made his NHL debut 10 years ago today, playing 9:27 against the Sens. 

He scored his first NHL goal the next season, at 21.

It’s a nice reminder that players need time to develop. 

True this...

And also, that 7 or 8 years down the road, one's hot hockey prospect can also be caught grabbing cops' butts.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just report what happens..... :ph34r:

Archived