Game 60: Flyers vs Canadiens 2/20/18 at 7 pm

OccamsRazor

I missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game but saw the amazing finish...

WTF happened here?? Man that was close.

giphy.gif

I hope TK is ok can't afford to lose another key forward...

giphy.gif

Tough deflection goal for Lyon....

giphy.gif

Yikes close one...

giphy.gif

Kid has a nice glove still needs to work on some stuff...

giphy.gif

This is why they wear mask....

giphy.gif

Nice pass by G even better finish by the rookie...

giphy.gif

Really Mandog??

giphy.gif

Jake??? SMFH!!! SHOOT THE GODDAMN PUCK!!!

giphy.gif

Not a great effort on this goal. Lyon should of stayed up...

giphy.gif

What a play by the Flyers Norris candidate!!! (yes i know wow that was Mcdud!)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Then Jake finally shoots!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He even shot again!!!

giphy.gif

GAME SET MATCH!!!!

giphy.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, brelic said:

1. Pass, pass, pass.

The Flyers gave up several grade A chances by opting to pass instead of taking the obvious shot. None was more obvious that the Giroux / Voracek 2 on 0. Of course Voracek passed!

Best quote of the night goes to Voracek, interviewed by Bundy after the OT winning goal: "I wanted to pass but I was at the end of a shift, so I said screw it, I'll take a shot and see what happens." And he says all this with a straight face! Lol

I wonder if Jake and G have some side bet to see who can lead the team and possibly the league in assists, LOL.

I also heard his interview with Bundy and found myself getting slightly pissed after hearing him say it. Jake Passacek!!!!

You know I am a true Flyers fan when I find something to bitch about after an exciting OT win. :VeryCool:

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't (an NHL backup) He could still have some big league jitters going on. 

I think his ceiling could be a backup...he still has some things to work on like making himself bigger in net...sure he is only 6-1 and by today's standard that is small...however man he has an above average glove hand which is good to see.

His positioning still needs work but we have to remember he doesn't have a goalie coach in the AHL.

That needs to change when they get Hart and Sandstrom there if they want these kids to grow and develop down there.

Kids need a coach for each position.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think his ceiling could be a backup...he still has some things to work on like making himself bigger in net...sure he is only 6-1 and by today's standard that is small...however man he has an above average glove hand which is good to see.

His positioning still needs work but we have to remember he doesn't have a goalie coach in the AHL.

That needs to change when they get Hart and Sandstrom there if they want these kids to grow and develop down there.

Kids need a coach for each position.

Just goes to show you can't judge a goalie by his first game or two...or four. He could settle in and look good. Then everyone will have the book on him and fill the net. You never know.

I forgot to add a few things... 

The Flyers have not given the other team a PP in three full games. That's the first time in franchise history and only second time in NHL history that's happened. That's certainly one way to fix the PK. :)

Also, Giroux keeps climbing up the Flyers all-time leaders list, recently passing LeClair.

1.    Bobby Clarke*    1210
2.    Bill Barber*    883
3.    Brian Propp    849
4.    Rick MacLeish    697
5.    Eric Lindros*    659
6.    Tim Kerr    650
7.    Claude Giroux    645
8.    John LeClair    643
9.    Mark Recchi*    627
10.    Rod Brind'Amour    601

He is 15 points away from 5th all-time. He's a special player without question.

I read somewhere yesterday that Giroux has the 4th most points in the entire NHL over the past 9 years, behind Crosby, Ovechkin, and Kane.

He deserves a Cup, eh?

1 hour ago, brelic said:

2. Lindblom 

I thought he played really well in his NHL debut. Over 15:11 TOI - including 1:25 on the PP - he was strong along the boards and had a few great opportunities around the net. He did not look out of place at all.

I watched the 2nd period, Lindblom looked like an NHL player to me.

He looks huge,  the puck seems to find him or vice versa, he looks strong as hell along the boards.

He also looks to have pretty good hands, and a scoring mentality. I didn't see a whole lot of "wow, I'm in the NHL" from him. I saw a whole lot of "Imma makes some plays tonight". -which I found to be awesome

Just now, mojo1917 said:

I watched the 2nd period, Lindblom looked like an NHL player to me.

He looks huge,  the puck seems to find him or vice versa, he looks strong as hell along the boards.

He also looks to have pretty good hands, and a scoring mentality. I didn't see a whole lot of "wow, I'm in the NHL" from him. I saw a whole lot of "Imma makes some plays tonight". -which I found to be awesome

Yes, exactly! No doubt the time in LHV has served him well. 

Let's hope he takes the time Simmonds is out to show he belongs. This is becoming a deep squad. 

Word on the screets is TK has a bone bruise...so if he is out who would you call up LV plays tonight.

NAK?

Vex?

Vorobyev?

It would be NAK for me 37 points in 54 games.

Tied for 1st on the team +/- at +20 with Knight.

4th in goals at 14. All 14 goals came 5 on 5. Impressive.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Word on the screets is TK has a bone bruise...so if he is out who would you call up LV plays tonight.

NAK?

Vex?

Vorobyev?

It would be NAK for me 37 points in 54 games.

Tied for 1st on the team +/- at +20 with Knight.

4th in goals at 14. All 14 goals came 5 on 5. Impressive.

I hope TK doesn't miss any time. He finished the game, and still showed speed (tracking down that Hab player on a breakaway with MacDonald).

I'd call up NAK too, stick him on the top line to minimize disruption. Dude seems to be very responsible defensively.

TK seems like a fighter, though. The kind of guy that would play through this stuff at this time of year.

9 minutes ago, brelic said:

I hope TK doesn't miss any time. He finished the game, and still showed speed (tracking down that Hab player on a breakaway with MacDonald).

I'd call up NAK too, stick him on the top line to minimize disruption. Dude seems to be very responsible defensively.

TK seems like a fighter, though. The kind of guy that would play through this stuff at this time of year.

I hope he is ok too. I want to disrupt the Phantoms as little as possible they have the playoffs too to concentrate on.

Sanheim has been on fire since being sent back. He has 13 points in 12 games and +11....just the reason why i wanted him sent back so he could work on his game and regain his confidence with and without the puck.

Looks like it is working.

I think once they get close to the end of the season he could be recalled to add some firepower to the lineup and sit Manning.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Get well fellas.

I hope TK heals up quickly. That said, I want him at 100% for the playoffs, so I hope he takes the time he needs.

I hope Jori heals up quickly and finds a way up the stairs to the popcorn machine.

43 minutes ago, brelic said:

Lehterä dealing with illness.

They must have finally sat he down and made him watch his game tape.

It makes me ill too.

Down Simmer already Flyers can't afford to be without TK too.

Ice up son ice up!

44 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

Shut your pie hole man his numbers speak for themselves , no one in the league has as many assists as G over the last 7years.....bro

MC was making a joke. I think you missed...but good job defending the Captain.

You're going to love fanatic!:hehe:

Archived