Game 60: Flyers vs Canadiens 2/20/18 at 7 pm

OccamsRazor

I hope this Lyon shows up...

giphy.gif

Flyer will need it with a team like Montreal coming in nothing to really play for.

Flyers 6-2-2 in last 10

Montreal 2-7-1 in last 10

DO NOT PLAY DOWN TO THE COMPETITION!!!!!!!

I expect the same lineup with the addition of Tokarski.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
93 Jakub Voracek - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 40 Jordan Weal
15 Jori Lehterä - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
47 Andrew MacDonald -3 Robert Hägg
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

49 Alex Lyon

34 Petr Mrazek

Scratches: 20 Taylor Leier (healthy), 39 Mark Alt (healthy), 37 Brian Elliott (core muscle surgery).

Go Flyers!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Oscar Lindblom recalled. 

Doesn't exactly mean he'll play.

Hak doesn't like guys playing without practicing a few times.

However it makes me think that something is about to go down and he could be a last minute addition in case it does.

So makes me wonder who is about to be shown the door?

Lindblom is a LW.

Doesn't mean it will be a LW it just means that if a trade goes down you can move guys around to fill hole.

And at the same time it makes me nervous i hope they are not about to audition Oskar.

That would piss me off to move him not knowing yet how good he could be.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Doesn't exactly mean he'll play.

No, but FWIW, Meltzer said "With Lindblom making his NHL debut tomorrow..." Sure sounds like he's playing, especially since he's tied into the team more than the beats are. 

I doubt it's a showcase. Not Hexy's MO. Lindblom is a nice piece for an extended run. It could be an audition to see if he's ready to help the team down the stretch and make someone  (hopefully Filpulla) expendable, but you'd need a center,  not a winger...

6 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

It could be an audition to see if he's ready to help the team down the stretch and make someone  (hopefully Filpulla) expendable, but you'd need a center,  not a winger...

Not really you could move Lehtera to the 4th line center spot Fil was in drop Raffl down the 4th line LW from the 3rd.

Plug Lindblom on the 3rd with Laughton and Weal.

Sir Occam beat me to the punch on the game thread (Thank You!!), but here's the Oddsshark take:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/montreal-philadelphia-odds-february-20-2018-869334

Unsurprisingly, we are the favorite.  Our specialty teams are much better than theirs over the last 10, and we are averaging a half goal more per game.  Agree with Occam--we can't play down to them.  It's interesting the bookies don't seem to care we have a pretty untested rookie between the pipes.  

LGF!

Looking back on the season this club no matter how it ends has gone through a lot of ups and downs even a 10 game losing streaks.

And why us fans with our emotions wouldn't make good GMs. 

Flyers with injuries (especially in net) and the group of young guys are 21-8-3 since December 4th and that is with Lehtera instead of Schenn.

Impressive.

Devils are right on the Flyer's ass in fact they have more wins 31 over Flyer's 30 it is ROW that keeps Flyers above them so they can not afford a let down.

In fact from #1 seed to sitting on the outside looking in is only 11 points...that is a tight race as you can ask for.

Flyers are only 5 points out from the #1 seed with 3 games left with the two teams ahead of them in the standings in the Metro (Caps, Pens).

Only 4 games left against basically non playoff teams.

They MUST keep this winning going.

Ok so Bill M has Mrazek listed as starting....Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm....

PROJECTED LINEUPS 

FLYERS (based on 3rd period on Sunday, will be updated)

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
93 Jakub Voracek - 19 Nolan Patrick - 40 Jordan Weal 
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 17 Wayne Simmonds
15 Jori Lehterä - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
47 Andrew MacDonald -3 Robert Hägg
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

34 Petr Mrazek / 49 Alex Lyon

Scratches: 54 Oskar Lindblom (recalled Monday, likely to play), 20 Taylor Leier (healthy), 39 Mark Alt (healthy), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, core muscle surgery), 30 Michal Neuvirth (lower body).

CANADIENS

67 Max Pacioretty - 92 Jonathan Drouin - 62 Artturi Lehkonen 
41 Paul Byron - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 11 Brendan Gallagher 
27 Alex Galchenyuk - 24 Phillip Danault - 54 Charles Hudon 
20 Nicolas Deslauriers - 49 Logan Shaw - 43 Daniel Carr

22 Karl Alzner - 26 Jeff Petry
45 Joe Morrow - 8 Jordie Benn 
53 Victor Mete - 21 David Schlemko

31 Carey Price / 37 Antti Niemi

Scratches: 25 Jacob de la Rose (healthy), 28 Jakub Jerabek (healthy), 42 Byron Froese (healthy), 65 Andrew Shaw (IR, concussion, may be activated), 6 Shea Weber (IR, foot), 83 Ales Hemsky (IR, concussion).

Guess we'll see.

Bill,

Based on Ron saying they are awaiting injury news today, is the speculation that Simmonds hurt his hand in the fight?

- juiced

I'm not going to speculate. We will see. Although he moved down a line, he played his fair share of ice time in the 3rd pd on Sun. There's at least one other guy (Raffl) who has been nursing a nagging injury. So it is hard to say.

HHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

3 minutes ago, vis said:

Interesting that Mrazek is the backup tonight.

Would prefer to see Lindblom with Patrick and Voracek.  Hope Lindblom gets PP time.

Yeah Hak likes players to practice a couple times before they play...i think Lindblom is the only exception.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah Hak likes players to practice a couple times before they play...i think Lindblom is the only exception.

Yeah, get that with the goalie.  Don't think he has much of a choice with Lindblom.  Practice or no practice, would prefer him over Leier.

39 minutes ago, vis said:

Interesting that Mrazek is the backup tonight.

Would prefer to see Lindblom with Patrick and Voracek.  Hope Lindblom gets PP time.

Rumour has it Lindblom's on PP2 and Patrick is filling for Simmonds on the first.

That's interesting to me, as Simmonds and Patrick are not the same kind of player imo. I wonder if it means the PP will adjust and work differently. Not a bad thing. It's been stale over the last bit anyway. Maybe this kind of shake up is enough to get it firing again.

Fact is no one does the net front thing better than Simmonds. There is no replacement for him in that regard. 

@elmatus

Patrick has some sick hands, he might be able to do more with the puck when it comes to him in the" Simmer spot".

I love Simmonds, recently though, each game I watch Patrick he does some amazeballs **** with the puck.

Clearly, he is over what ever was bothering him earlier this season.  His game has picked up, his line looks dangerous every time they're on the ice.

Archived