Ottawa trade that didn't happen

sekkes85

It is being reported that the Flyers and Ottawa almost pulled a trade off at the deadline.  Ottawa wanted a 1st round pick and Sanheim in exchange for Mike Hoffman.  While Hoffman would have been a nice pickup that asking price was entirely too high.  I could see Hextall MAYBE trading our first (that St Louis pick is starting to look real good) especially if a bad contract could have been thrown in there but no way Ottawa gets that much for a 25 goal scorer.

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-balked-crazy-asking-price-trade-top-winger

9 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

It is being reported that the Flyers and Ottawa almost pulled a trade off at the deadline.  Ottawa wanted a 1st round pick and Sanheim in exchange for Mike Hoffman.  While Hoffman would have been a nice pickup that asking price was entirely too high.  I could see Hextall MAYBE trading our first (that St Louis pick is starting to look real good) especially if a bad contract could have been thrown in there but no way Ottawa gets that much for a 25 goal scorer.

I liked Hoffman but not for a 1st and Sanheim. 

Glad it didn't go down.

If he would of traded Sanheim.......

khaaaaaan.gif

...they should of signed Hoffman when he was in Flyers camp after the 2008 draft....they let him walk with no contract.

Hextall addressed exactly what needed addressing and he did it fairly cheap.

Mrazek is a crazy Czech goalie who can go on hot streaks. And he can be a head case. I traded for him in FHL when he was on his hot streak thinking he could supplant Howard and then the "competition" the nest season screwed with his head.

In this situation he has an opportunity much like Mason did (another good example of how much confidence can mean to some players. See, also: Foles, Nick). Got that for two conditional mid-round picks.

And he snagged Oduyanow for nothing. A veteran backline defenseman that provides depth in case of injury.

With the way the team is going, it didn't - and doesn't - need a shake-up in the top 6. Let these guys come together and play their way where they've always said they belonged.

:flyers:

I think it's time to give the Nick Foles references a rest already, lightning probably won't strike Philly twice in the same year, sorry to say, but it is what it is. Besides our Flyers can do it without a comebacker goalie ie Mason? Whatever? I'll just try to have faith in the team we have instead of dreamin of another Foles type fairytale

6 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

I think it's time to give the Nick Foles references a rest already, lightning probably won't strike Philly twice in the same year, sorry to say, but it is what it is. Besides our Flyers can do it without a comebacker goalie ie Mason? Whatever? I'll just try to have faith in the team we have instead of dreamin of another Foles type fairytale

A goalie's play can be affected by his confidence level. This isn't some great mystery. Mason is an example of a goalie that had a pretty good game when his confidence was high, but when it left him he was done.

Foles is an example of a guy who played above his ability because his confidence level was high and fostered by the coaching staff and Carson Wentz. When he was taken out of his comfort zone, he struggled with the Rams and hung on with the Chefs because it was back in his comfort zone with Reid (and he didn't need to start).

Mrazek can be a good goalie, but they did go out and add him to the team because it was a hole that needed filling if Elliott has a setback or Neuvirth is Neuvirth. He doesn't have to be a fairytale, but if the team and coaching staff gets behind him he can play.

Or he could blow up. Czechs are crazy. Goalies doubly so.

:hocky:

14 hours ago, Pucked in the head said:

I will when you will....:IDunnoSmiley:

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I will when you will....:IDunnoSmiley:

Hey Foles can play for the Ottawa RedBlacks!!!

Oh and by the way not saying you would know (random question) but what is with the name Redblacks? Couldn't decide on a color??

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey Foles can play for the Ottawa RedBlacks!!!

Oh and by the way not saying you would know (random question) but what is with the name Redblacks? Couldn't decide on a color??

It's the colour of their unis....red, and black. I mean who doesn't name their team after the colour of the uni? Besides everyone?

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

It's the colour of their unis....red, and black. I mean who doesn't name their team after the colour of the uni? Besides everyone?

The San Jose Teals

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

$

Really??

Thats it or is this a turrible turrible joke??

Ok...yeah the Philly Orange and Blacks....i like it!!

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

$

Really??

Thats it or is this a turrible turrible joke??

Ok...yeah the Philly Orange and Blacks....i like it!!

Well they could have went with Rough Riders again. That name went back about 140 years. But it's kind of silly having two teams with that name in a 9 team league. Not as silly as RedBlacks, but still silly. 

Then again Utah Jazz is pretty dumb. As is LA Lakers. Memphis Grizzlies? I know they all moved from somewhere else where those names actually were relevant.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well they could have went with Rough Riders again. That name went back about 140 years. But it's kind of silly having two teams with that name in a 9 team league. Not as silly as RedBlacks, but still silly

Just figured there was some cool story behind it you were going to lay on me. Disappointed. :rage:

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just figured there was some cool story behind it you were going to lay on me. Disappointed. :rage:

About six years ago, there was an Ottawa player, Nefarious, who broke through the scrimmage line and sacked their QB, causing a fumble. Everyone else was focused on the loose ball, but not Nefarious. He was out for blood. That QB dissed his mom earlier in the game, trying to get in his head. He said she was so fat, that when she jumped for joy, she shifted the earth's rotational axis. 

Well, Nefarious took this opportunity to pummel and destroy the QB. He ripped off his helmet, throwing punch after punch. He even suplexed him in a fit of roid rage. Then he beat him with his helmet. The poor QB was left bloodied and unconscious. 

The Ottawa crowd was so enamoured by the act of extreme violence in the name of family loyalty, that they petitioned to rename the team in Nefarious' honour. 

Red for the pool of blood around the QB's body.

Black for Nefarious' soul.

The RedBlacks.

Don't make fun of their moms.

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

The Ottawa crowd was so enamoured by the act of extreme violence in the name of family loyalty, that they petitioned to rename the team in Nefarious' honour. 

Wow that would of made me cry if he would have died like Old Yeller......now that is a cool story a good reason for the name.

Speaking of the name i remember that from Silly.com...... 

Archived