Game 78: Flyers at Avalanche; 3/28/18 @ 10 PM

Howie58

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The sequence with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd (to about 2 1/2) was utterly pathetic. Simply pathetic. 

And I'm betting Neuvirth has Munchausen's. 

So his child is REALLY injured?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Neuvy is being honest about whatever ails him?  Seriously. With or without this short return, he was on a leash.  Maybe he figured it was better to try than to end the season with no "contribution."  

38 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I wonder if Neuvy is being honest about whatever ails him?  Seriously. With or without this short return, he was on a leash.  Maybe he figured it was better to try than to end the season with no "contribution."  

I would have to assume it is a groin....after he stretched out to make that amazing save he must have injured it. 

If you have ever seen him wihout pads on he doesn't have the body of a dude who works out and takes care of himself which would explain why he is often hurt.

To be a goalie you have to condition yourself. I bet he lacks there a lot.

28 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Did anyone hilariously crackup when Neuvy went down?  I mean you have to laugh at this point...

MurrayC:

I've felt that his future was on the line weeks ago.  His inconsistent performance and brittleness  were a question before last night...Now I think it seals the deal.

I wish I knew more about what happens if he end the season on injured reserve.  One way or the other, I really can't see him playing with us next year.  Morganti and Fadool were surprisingly candid about that on the post-game show.  They were flat out asking about how the coaching staff could consider him in their plans. 

I said it here before-this reminds me, sadly, of Forsberg's last days in uniform...was he in,...out, whatever.  It is a drain.  Meanwhile, I don't see how Lyon can benefit from this yo-yo either.  Mrazek---we see snippets of good performance, lots of crap.  All in, goal is a bad scene.

Meanwhile, I am surprised they won in regulation.  The last 3-5 minutes was played in the Flyers' zone. They hug on...remarkably.  

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

MurrayC:

I've felt that his future was on the line weeks ago.  His inconsistent performance and brittleness  were a question before last night...Now I think it seals the deal.

I wish I knew more about what happens if he end the season on injured reserve.  One way or the other, I really can't see him playing with us next year.  Morganti and Fadool were surprisingly candid about that on the post-game show.  They were flat out asking about how the coaching staff could consider him in their plans. 

I said it here before-this reminds me, sadly, of Forsberg's last days in uniform...was he in,...out, whatever.  It is a drain.  Meanwhile, I don't see how Lyon can benefit from this yo-yo either.  Mrazek---we see snippets of good performance, lots of crap.  All in, goal is a bad scene.

Meanwhile, I am surprised they won in regulation.  The last 3-5 minutes was played in the Flyers' zone. They hug on...remarkably.  

This is why I was so against the whole Neuvy thing.   He is as brittle as they come and you can't depend on him.   After being the worst statistical goalie in the league Hextall gives him a large raise and signs Elloitt who is no spring chicken.   Hextall put him self in this position and we had to pay a 3rd rounder for someone who looks like he is dancing to the sounds of Flock of Seagulls trying to make saves.   Meh...   i digress.

If the plan is to have Neuvy and Elliott be the tandem next year I think Hextall needs to have his head examined.  

I think Neuvy and Weise are two questionable signings.  I guess every GM makes them.  Weise had some good years but a four year contract was strange.  You are right on Neuvy...many signals to stay away.  Remember...sadly, most folks are over-optimistic.  They keep betting the lottery with lousy odds. They get married and remarried knowing the divorce rate is over 50 percent on the first round and nearly 2/3 on the second. 

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I think Neuvy and Weise are two questionable signings.  I guess every GM makes them.  Weise had some good years but a four year contract was strange.  You are right on Neuvy...many signals to stay away.  Remember...sadly, most folks are over-optimistic.  They keep betting the lottery with lousy odds. They get married and remarried knowing the divorce rate is over 50 percent on the first round and nearly 2/3 on the second. 

agreed.

And I *think* we only spend a 3rd for Neuvy if we resign him although I am not sure.   

• It was a great win...and the flyers fans who came out made the most of it.... But man... The play of the team did not instill confidences.   Slow D And a host of passes that should not have been attempted... But I'll take the win... First flyers game I've seen in Colorado when they won the game.  It is a year of miricles.  LOL

2 hours ago, colorado_al said:

Slow D And a host of passes that should not have been attempted...

I haven't watched the Avs at all this year, my observation of Nathan McKinnon however, is he makes everyone look slow.

I wouldn't make any sort of assessment of the Flyers "speed" based on watching him jump a pass, and take off the other way.

That top line in Colorado can skate and they have a lot of skill. 

The Flyers put 33 shots on goal and made the Hamburgler work, it was a good win especially 2nd night of a back to back at altitude.

Archived