Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers

pilldoc

Eastern Conference: Round 1 - #2 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Pens Sweep 4-0
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Flyers Sweep 4-0
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: refereeing, I do think the Pens get some BoD because they are the two-time defending champions.

They have a reputation for tying up sticks in the high traffic areas and I think they use that to really tie up some sticks.

It is not why the Flyer trail 2-1 though.  

The Pens pursue the puck relentlessly, they speed up the opponent's decision making. They take away time and play in your triangle, they play an admirable game.

Add in 3 legitimate superstars the food truck guy and several very good role players who fit the style,( Hagelien and Hornquist come to mind). One sees why they are the defending champs. 

The Flyers don't have enough skill 1-12 to take advantage of the Pens d corps which can be had.  Doumulin has played above what I remember his defensive abilities to be so far, a team like Tampa should they make it past Boston stand a better chance of getting to the Pens D and keeping the 87 and 71 playing in the defensive zone.

i've said this other places in the forum.  I didn't expect playoff hockey from our guys this year, we drew the Pens who are healthy to start the playoffs.  Our guys are a year ahead of schedule and guys like TK and Patty are looking like they like playoff hockey. Things could be worse, we could be Rangers fans.

From Ek...

On Couturier...

Was just told the Flyers Sean Couturier, who is averaging almost 25 minutes a game in the series so far, just left the ice during practice, after taking a big open ice hit...He was limping. Will update in this blog if info becomes available...The Flyers and Penguins series resumes tomorrow night...

From Meltzer...

Giroux on Couturier injury at practice: "I don't know what it is. It didn't look good. ...But not going to jump to conclusions."

Gudas on collision with Couturier: “I didn’t see him, he didn’t see me. Tough break.”

Also.... 

Replying to @billmeltzer

Hornqvist out with UBI.

21 minutes ago, brelic said:

From Ek...

From Meltzer...

Giroux on Couturier injury at practice: "I don't know what it is. It didn't look good. ...But not going to jump to conclusions."

Gudas on collision with Couturier: “I didn’t see him, he didn’t see me. Tough break.”

Also.... 

Replying to @billmeltzer

Hornqvist out with UBI.

Wow hope he is ok that would suck big time to lose him now...

So projected lineup....that is if Coots can go...

Claude Giroux – Sean Couturier – Jake Voracek

Travis Konecny – Nolan Patrick – Wayne Simmonds

Jordan Weal – Valtteri Filppula – Michael Raffl

Scott Laughton  – Jori Lehtera – Matt Read

Healthy Scratch: Taylor Leier, Oskar Lindblom, Dale Weise

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

For those that haven’t see it, here’s the video from practice. No Bueno!

Damn. Certainly didn't look good.

Effin Gudas won't throw a check on a Penguin but takes his own player out, i'm not sure why he wasn't looking at were he was going i mean i guess i should Coots had the puck!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So projected lineup....that is if Coots can go...

Claude Giroux – Sean Couturier – Jake Voracek

Travis Konecny – Nolan Patrick – Wayne Simmonds

Jordan Weal – Valtteri Filppula – Michael Raffl

Scott Laughton  – Jori Lehtera – Matt Read

Healthy Scratch: Taylor Leier, Oskar Lindblom, Dale Weise

Is that something official?  I hate that lineup.   I don't like Simmonds with Patrick.  I don't like Konecny on the wrong side for no particular reason.  I don't like Jordan Weal.  I don't like Weal playing ahead of Lindblom.  I don't like Laughton on the wing.  I don't like Hakstol.   

I do like Rice Krispie Treats.   On the 8th day, God created Rice Krispie Treats.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Is that something official?

Just the only report i have seen so far. I'm not crazy about it either.

Patrick was on the 1st line with Coots out.

I would like a 2nd line of Lindblom Patrick and Konecny.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Is that something official?  I hate that lineup.   I don't like Simmonds with Patrick.  I don't like Konecny on the wrong side for no particular reason.  I don't like Jordan Weal.  I don't like Weal playing ahead of Lindblom.  I don't like Laughton on the wing.  I don't like Hakstol.   

I do like Rice Krispie Treats.   On the 8th day, God created Rice Krispie Treats.

Rux’s Own version of Green Eggs and Ham. 

I do not like... LOL

Archived