Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Thursday 10-25-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimtown guy said:

So you have to have both skates on the ice when getting out of box before you can play the puck. Absolutely stupid rule

Flyers Lindblom learned that the hard way tonight too as he was getting out of the box and played the puck before he was fully out.  

That was an EXCELLENT game.  Very entertaining!  That's why I've watched hockey for the last 40 years!

Sorry Haters, they won again.  But I'm sure you can bidtch and whine and complain they didn't win like you wanted them to.

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

So you have to have both skates on the ice when getting out of box before you can play the puck. Absolutely stupid rule

Disagree.  Tonight showed exactly why it should be a penalty.

So the score will say the Wild "blew out" the Kings, though we know the game was closer than that.
EN goals still count, and I will take the win regardless.

The Wild outplayed the Kings for large stretches of the match up, looked much faster throughout, and if it wasn't for some of the sloppy play at the end that gave the Kings some faint hope, I'd say the Wild played a full 60 minutes here.

LA continues on their losing streak while Minnesota increases their win streak. Not gonna complain about that.
I certainly didn't want the Wild to be the team that LA gets out of their losing ways on.
Let LA try to search for greener pastures elsewhere.

Good win, Minnesota.
Bring on those hungry Avalanche on Saturday!

Good game to watch.

The Wild got a little sloppy with penalties towards the end of the 3rd period so the game was much closer than the score indicated. Either way, a win is a win so I'll take it. Dubnyk has been playing great and keeping the Wild in games so at this point it looks like the season will go as he goes.

Dubnyk, Wild Penalty Kill Stands Tall in Wild's 4-1 Win Over Los Angeles

I am not sure I'd say it was a good game to watch.  Minnesota's passing throughout the 1st period was awful.  Luckily they were able to overcome the ugly, sluggish start and were able to get a fugly goal and then add to it in the 2nd.  Minnesota's penalty kill and Dubnyk bailed them out and luckily it didn't get too dicey down the stretch.  Greenway to me isn't really NHL-ready.  Nino still seems to be allergic to the puck.  Full game recap and a ton of prospect news too.  Check it out!  

44 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Greenway to me isn't really NHL-ready.  Nino still seems to be allergic to the puck.

I agree with both of these points.

Greenway looks bigger and stronger than most of the players on the ice. Occasionally he makes some really nice plays (usually from hustling) but other times he leaves you scratching your head wondering 'what was he thinking?'. Sending him back down to the AHL for a little more seasoning would probably benefit him.

Nino looks healthy to me, but he looks confused and like he lacks confidence. In the past he has shown the skill and willingness to shoot the puck and make plays but now that looks like it is completely gone from his game.

Of the greener youngsters, Brown seems to be putting forth the best effort. It was nice to see our fourth line put the Kings on their heels... Several times!

Like Crease said, the first period passing was sloppy. Once past that though they seemed to make a lot better passes and showed great glimpses of playing their own game instead of chasing another opponent around.

Not a great game but they took the opportunity to go out there to get 2 points and finished like they needed to.

8 hours ago, Fargocase said:

That was an EXCELLENT game.  Very entertaining!  That's why I've watched hockey for the last 40 years!

Sorry Haters, they won again.  But I'm sure you can bidtch and whine and complain they didn't win like you wanted them to.

Keep watching. Maybe one day something will click.

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Dubnyk, Wild Penalty Kill Stands Tall in Wild's 4-1 Win Over Los Angeles

I am not sure I'd say it was a good game to watch.  Minnesota's passing throughout the 1st period was awful.  Luckily they were able to overcome the ugly, sluggish start and were able to get a fugly goal and then add to it in the 2nd.  Minnesota's penalty kill and Dubnyk bailed them out and luckily it didn't get too dicey down the stretch.  Greenway to me isn't really NHL-ready.  Nino still seems to be allergic to the puck.  Full game recap and a ton of prospect news too.  Check it out!  

I was at the game and I thought the first two periods were a sloppy mess from both teams. I can see why LA only has five points this season. They seemed more concerned with running into people than playing hockey. The Wild powerless play was once again atrocious. Slow, deliberate puck movement, lots of standing around. Once again, Dubnyk's stellar play kept them in the game.

And I'm not sure what the linesmen were hoping to accomplish by tossing every player from the faceoff dot. I think I can count on one hand the number of faceoffs where neither player was tossed.

I agree about Greenway. He needs to go to Iowa. I don't care what he did in the Playoffs last season. He looks like a fish out of water in the NHL.

Got to give the credit where it's due and it's to Dubnyk. He has been playing out of his mind. He truly is the reason the Wild have a shot to win because if he was off his game these games would be completely different. A win is always great but the Wild didn't make it easy which is frustrating as the team has shown the ability to play with the best when they try.

I don't know why but the team appears to be trying to figure each other out as if this is the first time they have played with each other. It's odd and I can't wrap my head around it.

16 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

I agree...when they get out of the box they should be able to touch the puck even if there is one skate in the box yet. Stupid rule.

15 hours ago, Razblo said:

I agree with both of these points.

Greenway looks bigger and stronger than most of the players on the ice. Occasionally he makes some really nice plays (usually from hustling) but other times he leaves you scratching your head wondering 'what was he thinking?'. Sending him back down to the AHL for a little more seasoning would probably benefit him.

Nino looks healthy to me, but he looks confused and like he lacks confidence. In the past he has shown the skill and willingness to shoot the puck and make plays but now that looks like it is completely gone from his game.

I think Nino's confidence is zilch and Russo has reported as such.  IMO, he's a waste most of the time when he's on the ice.  He seems to be overthinking things a lot.  He really needs to simplify his game.  

5 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think Nino's confidence is zilch and Russo has reported as such.  IMO, he's a waste most of the time when he's on the ice.  He seems to be overthinking things a lot.  He really needs to simplify his game.  

I'm going to start a topic about this ^

8 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I was at the game and I thought the first two periods were a sloppy mess from both teams. I can see why LA only has five points this season. They seemed more concerned with running into people than playing hockey. The Wild powerless play was once again atrocious. Slow, deliberate puck movement, lots of standing around. Once again, Dubnyk's stellar play kept them in the game.

And I'm not sure what the linesmen were hoping to accomplish by tossing every player from the faceoff dot. I think I can count on one hand the number of faceoffs where neither player was tossed.

I agree about Greenway. He needs to go to Iowa. I don't care what he did in the Playoffs last season. He looks like a fish out of water in the NHL.

And he was sent down today 

Archived