Minnesota Wild vs. Edmonton Oilers 10/30/18 @ 8:00PM CST at Rogers' Place

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Resilient Effort Rewards Wild with 4-3 Win Over Edmonton

Big win tonight, and just about everyone contributed something tonight.  Reshuffling of lines seemed to generate more people moving their feet if not a little more speed.  The Wild got two goals out of their power play and it wasn't just the set up Dumba show.  Minnesota is getting reasonable committee-like offensive production.  Still, too many penalties; lucky Edmonton's power play didn't make us pay for those mistakes.  Nino had a much more impactful game.  I am not sure Joel Eriksson Ek will ever score more than 10 goals in a season...he just has stone hands around the net, at least at the NHL level.  Good to see Granlund shooting the puck like that.  

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Very nice win. Stalock came up big on more than one occasion. That goal by Granny was sweet. Had an area not much bigger than a puck to shoot at and he nails it. And I'll play Captain Obvious here. McDavid is fast.

No kidding. I think Suter is still collecting up his breezers, Jersey and his positional soundness after that move. :D 

Granlund is fun to watch. Keep it up!!

22 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

No kidding. I think Suter is still collecting up his breezers, Jersey and his positional soundness after that move. :D 

Granlund is fun to watch. Keep it up!!

To be fair McDavid has done that to several D men 

13 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

On a fun note, here's a pic of my granddaughter 

image.png.54452a7bbbcca1b5b06a82936ba018f4.png

That is awesome Rotty! Seems like it was a month ago announcing that you were going to be a Grandpa and here she is! My daughter is going to 2.5 years old in Dec! Amazing how fast it goes!

13 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Always liked Mikko Koivu. He always played hockey the right way, imo.

Here is the thing. It wasn't Mikkos fault for the franchise stupidly labeling him the franchise player and captain and giving contracts well beyond he should have ever made. He is a smart defense first, second and third player. He really shouldn't be on the ice for key scoring times. He is more then willing to throw a puck away or give a bad pass putting his teammate in danger all to avoid any physical contact. He is not a leader or captain. The only time we see him somewhat step up is the infamous "Angry Mikko" which is very, very rare. Otherwise you will rarely seem him leading the charge or putting his big body in front of the opposition net to help his guys out. He mainly hangs around the blue line like a D-men. I think that is what most people get frustrated with. If he was a third line guy maybe even a second line guy I think a lot more people would be feeling a little better. And if his pay was half of what he made and he wasn't the permanent captain people would bat a eye. Yea, he might not have said what the Wild were saying about him but he did sign the contract which the Wild offered promoting he was a high caliber level.

5 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

To be fair McDavid has done that to several D men 

Yeah, I wouldn't want to give Suter too much of a hard time there. McDavid can make almost anybody look like Moose Vasko trying to catch Yvan Cournoyer.

That game was a huge win for the Wild in regulation, especially because in previous 3 games Edmonton was able to beat a very tough teams - Capitals, Nashville,Chicago. Granlund goal was just a beauty from a sharp angle!!! Interesting, I listened an interview on 100.3 FM radio with Parise after the game and he recognized our slopping start against Vancouver of the road trip as well as our slopping 1st period against Edmonton. The other question to him was regarding the worst statistics for the team(most team's penalties) in NHL. He told that it is because we are not fast enough against opposing players and using sticks to stop those players which causing more penalties. I would add the team is getting older too.😟.

22 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

I've also seen diets where they suggest eating vegan before 6pm.....so breakfast and lunch are vegan and dinner is an omnivore meal. But of course then you're probably adding soy/tofu to the diet. But perhaps what needs to happen is that each player has a food sensitivity makeup run on them. Some may be mildly lactose or gluten intolerant and just chalk it up to indigestion when if they would simply eliminate certain foods from their diet it would make a difference.

One thing I would suggest is drinking alkaline water. You would think it wouldn't make a difference, but the Western diet is highly acidic. I have lactose intolerance and I avoid it as much as possible, but I generally find myself with an upset stomach. I've started drinking alkaline water and it makes a HUGE difference. I bought a water bottle that alkalizes the water: https://www.dyln.co/

Agree MNSOTA, water could make us sick too. For the last 2 years I prefer to use exclusively neutral water (mainly Ice Mountain Spring water from Walmart) which does not make me first of all thirsty. I eliminated practically any purified water with added chemicals from my diet because it does make me thirsty. Of course , I do not use any cherry pepsi in my diet too 🙂. My main drink is a spring water and a black tea with added 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey and one teaspoon of different (or raspberry, or blueberry, or black berry, or black currant) preserves in it. Occasional I could drink a small cup of black coffee with added 2 teaspoons of a pure condensed milk. It is not a discovery that some food even could be  toxic for us and we are even not knowing about this. After listening a lecture I completely eliminated from my diet goji berries, tofu, green wheat sprouts and egg plants, because they could provoke pains in muscles, nerves and arthritis. I had for 1,5 years a severe knee arthritis on both legs and as soon I stopped eating those products and added more dark colored fresh berries or using them as preserves into my diet the knee pains went away. I am very rarely eat beef meat, but mainly eating easier absorbing meat as fish, seafood meat products, and chicken. Occasional I cook pork meat, but I buy a pure meat(I also cut off fat) and finally chop/ ground it with a meat grinder to make some patties, cutlets or meatballs. Some studies show that ground meat is better easier absorbs into our body. I do not buy already ground meat from the stores because I do not know what kind of meat was chopped and what was added into it. And also it seems we should use less corn, less potatoes, less wheat products, less beans but more vegetables should be in our diet – broccoli, spinach, carrots, red beats, cabbage,sweet peppers and etc. The main criteria that our diet is working – if we do not get any cold or flu during the year. Tell you a truth - I do not trust into a flu vaccinations, because flu virus mutating pretty fast.  I do remember that during the previous seasons our players have got a flu and missed few games . That means for me that our dietitians did not build enough a good immunity system to our players. Probably their diet was not too healthy. Agree , the diet should be individual for each player. 

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Agree MNSOTA, water could make us sick too. For the last 2 years I prefer to use exclusively neutral water (mainly Ice Mountain Spring water from Walmart) which does not make me first of all thirsty. I eliminated practically any purified water with added chemicals from my diet because it does make me thirsty. Of course , I do not use any cherry pepsi in my diet too 🙂. My main drink is a spring water and a black tea with added 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey and one teaspoon of different (or raspberry, or blueberry, or black berry, or black currant) preserves in it. Occasional I could drink a small cup of black coffee with added 2 teaspoons of a pure condensed milk. It is not a discovery that some food even could be  toxic for us and we are even not knowing about this. After listening a lecture I completely eliminated from my diet goji berries, tofu, green wheat sprouts and egg plants, because they could provoke pains in muscles, nerves and arthritis. I had for 1,5 years a severe knee arthritis on both legs and as soon I stopped eating those products and added more dark colored fresh berries or using them as preserves into my diet the knee pains went away. I am very rarely eat beef meat, but mainly eating easier absorbing meat as fish, seafood meat products, and chicken. Occasional I cook pork meat, but I buy a pure meat(I also cut off fat) and finally chop/ ground it with a meat grinder to make some patties, cutlets or meatballs. Some studies show that ground meat is better easier absorbs into our body. I do not buy already ground meat from the stores because I do not know what kind of meat was chopped and what was added into it. And also it seems we should use less corn, less potatoes, less wheat products, less beans but more vegetables should be in our diet – broccoli, spinach, carrots, red beats, cabbage,sweet peppers and etc. The main criteria that our diet is working – if we do not get any cold or flu during the year. Tell you a truth - I do not trust into a flu vaccinations, because flu virus mutating pretty fast.  I do remember that during the previous seasons our players have got a flu and missed few games . That means for me that our dietitians did not build enough a good immunity system to our players. Probably their diet was not too healthy. Agree , the diet should be individual for each player. 

Yeah, just be careful with that bottled water. There are exactly zero regulations governing bottled water. They could dip it out of a toilet and slap a “Spring Water” label on the bottle and it would be perfectly legal. 

And don’t get me started on the anti-vaccine movement...

20 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Resilient Effort Rewards Wild with 4-3 Win Over Edmonton

Big win tonight, and just about everyone contributed something tonight.  Reshuffling of lines seemed to generate more people moving their feet if not a little more speed.  The Wild got two goals out of their power play and it wasn't just the set up Dumba show.  Minnesota is getting reasonable committee-like offensive production.  Still, too many penalties; lucky Edmonton's power play didn't make us pay for those mistakes.  Nino had a much more impactful game.  I am not sure Joel Eriksson Ek will ever score more than 10 goals in a season...he just has stone hands around the net, at least at the NHL level.  Good to see Granlund shooting the puck like that.  

Nice write up. I always look forward to your articles, especially when I can’t watch the game myself. 

16 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I listened an interview on 100.3 FM radio with Parise after the game and he recognized our slopping start against Vancouver of the road trip as well as our slopping 1st period against Edmonton. The other question to him was regarding the worst statistics for the team(most team's penalties) in NHL. He told that it is because we are not fast enough against opposing players and using sticks to stop those players which causing more penalties. I would add the team is getting older too.😟.

Glad you caught that. In the penalty topic people are saying it's just bad refs being unfair to the Wild well people like me and others have said it's because they are older and slower. We are no longer a speed team. We are also the oldest team in NHL. That is a very bad combination that is resulting in taken so many penalties. Glad Parise said it out loud.

18 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Interesting, I listened an interview on 100.3 FM radio with Parise after the game and he recognized our slopping start against Vancouver of the road trip as well as our slopping 1st period against Edmonton. The other question to him was regarding the worst statistics for the team(most team's penalties) in NHL. He told that it is because we are not fast enough against opposing players and using sticks to stop those players which causing more penalties.

Thanks for sharing that Alex! Glad to hear at least Parise is willing to publicly acknowledge this. Although I think that doesn't explain it everything but it's true though.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:42 PM, Alexandron said:

That game was a huge win for the Wild in regulation, especially because in previous 3 games Edmonton was able to beat a very tough teams - Capitals, Nashville,Chicago. Granlund goal was just a beauty from a sharp angle!!! Interesting, I listened an interview on 100.3 FM radio with Parise after the game and he recognized our slopping start against Vancouver of the road trip as well as our slopping 1st period against Edmonton. The other question to him was regarding the worst statistics for the team(most team's penalties) in NHL. He told that it is because we are not fast enough against opposing players and using sticks to stop those players which causing more penalties. I would add the team is getting older too.😟.

Huh. Someone better go tell Parise to stop spreading old wives tales that they are slow and are using their sticks to slow other teams down. He needs to tell the truth that the refs have it in for the Wild and that’s why they’re getting so many penalties...

Archived