Flyers and Quenneville?

elmatus

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, brelic said:

Nah. Go Flyers. 

They could win 7-1 and Hak will still be fired. One game from a sample size of 270ish won’t change Fletch’s mind. 

Hakstol, inevitably, will be fired. I just want him fired right after tonight's game.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Left at a rest stop a la the Florida Panthers?

Sure, whatever works. I was thinking more along the lines of locking him in a Vancouver phone booth. They still have those in BC?

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I said that the other night i think they will wait till they get back home....

..i hope they ain't using me as their source...i heard that from my 7 year old daughter... :hyper:

Gettin the kiddos into the hockey world early. Kudos, OR.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Gettin the kiddos into the hockey world early. Kudos, OR.

Funny when she sees me watching she always sits down and first things she ask (regardless what sport it is escpecially if she sees it's not the Flyers or Eagles) is "Who we pulling for?"

First thing she just ask when she came in the living room and i am watching the Texans and Jets on now.

I told i don't care who wins. She gets it.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Funny when she sees me watching she always sits down and first things she ask (regardless what sport it is escpecially if she sees it's not the Flyers or Eagles) is "Who we pulling for?"

First thing she just ask when she came in the living room and i am watching the Texans and Jets on now.

I told i don't care who wins. She gets it.

Teen girl mojo enters the room and says..."your team is losing, why do your teams suck dad?" regardless of what any of the scores are...

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Just gonna put this here.

E-100

I am totally ready for the Alian Vigneault era to begin.

Want proof I'm at bottom rock with this team, and the people who run the franchise? Give me Regis McGuire as coach. Maybe that gets us Crosby. Desperate times....

16 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Want proof I'm at bottom rock with this team, and the people who run the franchise? Give me Regis McGuire as coach. Maybe that gets us Crosby. Desperate times....

At this point Regis behind the bench would at least bring a little humor to the season. He could meet with each player and remind them of where they are from and their stats in juniors. "You're from Moose Jaw. You're better than this. Now get out there and score us 4 goals tonight like you did that night aGAINst Medicine Hat!"

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

At this point Regis behind the bench would at least bring a little humor to the season. He could meet with each player and remind them of where they are from and their stats in juniors. "You're from Moose Jaw. You're better than this. Now get out there and score us 4 goals tonight like you did that night aGAINst Medicine Hat!"

I can see it now: "Behind the Orange Glass with Regis and Sid"

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Don't tempt Homer he gave him his first head coaching job.

Gulp!

22 hours ago, hf101 said:

First and foremost, the Blackhawks went into the season believing that they could be a playoff contender, playing an up-tempo brand of hockey that would help mask some of their defensive deficiencies. Quenneville’s style has never fit that strategy, and Colliton will be asked to save the sinking ship and install new offensive strategies that will take advantage of the speed of Alex DeBrincat, Patrick Kane, and many others on the forward side of the ice.  https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/opinion-chicago-blackhawks-stan-bowman-desperation-joel-quenneville-499814441.html

And how has that worked out for them thus far?

Q probably knew his team couldn't play that way, hence the reluctance.  

I think coaches are adept at changing styles and adapting new approaches.  However, they need to have the players to run that way.  Not sure Bowman gave Q those players, and in some cases, took them away when he traded Panarin for Saad.

My honest thoughts on Q are this: I'm not 100% sure he's the right guy.  I like the idea of a young, up-and-coming coach (e.g., Sheldon Keefe) who may be able to relate to today's players a bit better.  But I feel like we went that route with Hakstol, albeit he was not as much of a hot property as Keefe is.  I feel like they need an established NHL coach if they are be successful at least in the short run.

Would this also mean Keith is coming to Philly if Q is hired?

I remember @brelic suggested this awhile back

He could be a good vet presence. Not happy about the length of his contract.

He is only due 14.5 mill in actual salary though.

However I would require two things.

They take half his cap hit. And take Mcdud in exchange for him.

To even consider this at all

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

3 game home stretch coming up.

Wings, Preds, Blue Jackets

Then the 2nd half of the Blue Jackets is at the NYR on 23rd....Hak's last game?

I hope he uses this time to pack.

cant they say they'll have rick wilson coach temporary until joel q comes in?

Didn't see the Eklund post above.  I know it's Eklund and all, but that's a pretty definitive statement.  Not even couched in terms of it being a rumor or report.  I can't see how they let Hakstol twist in the wind until Quenneville is brought in.  Do they bring in an interim coach?

What's Mike Kitchen up to these days?  Bring him in as interim and then bring in Q and let Kitchen be his assistant?

Archived