Flyers trade list for the deadline

Lindbergh31

Man sitting here last night watching the Canes play and watching their Captain lead by example and even scoring a goal off his face man i regret the Flyers didn't try and bring Justin Williams back dude is a great leader he could have replace Giroux as Captain.

He is having an outstanding year and showing this young Canes teams how to play hard and finish games.

2 goals and an assist last night.

37 years old and 17 goals 24 assist and 41 points in 61 games. The prodigal son should have returned....but nope.

Giroux one point last 7 games.

Williams 9 points last 7 games.

Which one is 37 again?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Senators control the trade flood that is looming...when they pull the trigger is when it will go down i think.

Duchene, Stone and Dzingel all were scratch for last night's game....when will it happen??

Dear gawd i am ready....Simmonds value is falling quick.

They have a game tonight with Blue Jackets and are off till sunday vs. Flames so maybe we see something go down saturday.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

37 years old and 17 goals 24 assist and 41 points in 61 games. The prodigal son should have returned....but nope.

Which one is 37 again?

Haha, I mean, point taken for this year. 

But don't cherry pick buddy! 

Giroux strapped this team on his freakin' back and WILLED them into a playoff spot last season with 102 points. Only McDavid had more.

Williams? 56 points.

23 minutes ago, brelic said:

But don't cherry pick buddy! 

Not cherry picking....he has disappeared not lead by example the last 7 games and counting with the playoffs hanging in the balance.

It's called accountability. And he has not been accountable. Sorry not going to sugar coat it for you. He is alone but TK has brought it more than him.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not cherry picking....he has disappeared not lead by example the last 7 games and counting with the playoffs hanging in the balance.

It's called accountability. And he has not been accountable. Sorry not going to sugar coat it for you. He is alone but TK has brought it more than him.

Yes he has disappeared. He has ever since being moved back to center.

54 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man sitting here last night watching the Canes play and watching their Captain lead by example and even scoring a goal off his face man i regret the Flyers didn't try and bring Justin Williams back dude is a great leader he could have replace Giroux as Captain.

He is having an outstanding year and showing this young Canes teams how to play hard and finish games.

2 goals and an assist last night.

Which one is 37 again?

Yes...it would have been great if they took the C away from Giroux and signed Williams last year...and we watched Williams get half as many points as Giroux. Exactly half.

This year he's put up an amazing 41 points. Giroux has stumbled along and only put up 61 points. The grass is always greener...

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes...it would have been great if they took the C away from Giroux and signed Williams last year...and we watched Williams get half as many points as Giroux. Exactly half.

This year he's put up an amazing 41 points. Giroux has stumbled along and only put up 61 points. The grass is always greener...

You never know what would have happened that year maybe Giorux passes Mcdavid...Giorux Couturier and Williams could have made a damn good top line...you discounting him having a positive effect like it would have only been negative. Got it only bad things can happen.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You never know what would have happened that year maybe Giorux passes Mcdavid...Giorux Couturier and Williams could have made a damn good top line...you discounting him having a positive effect like it would have only been negative. Got it only bad things can happen.

No, I'm just pointing out that Giroux had twice as many points as Williams last year, and 20 more points than him this year....while you're telling us Williams should wear the C over him cause of 1 game you watched. 

Would Williams have more points? Probably. Twice as many? 

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

while you're telling us Williams should wear the C over him cause of 1 game you watched.

No bro try again...i watch a lot of Canes games...see on their under my pic 2nd favorite team is the Canes...and sometimes it isn't all about point but i forget you know all that.

And none of that changes the fact that Giroux has disappeared when they need him most but i know he has the most since 1912 or something like that.

Williams has LEAD his team in their fight for the playoffs which they currently are IN.

Not sure why Flyers fans are so sensitive when some us want to hold the players accountable it is ok to ask the highest paid player to show up when they need him on the ice...is he alone no...but he is part of the problem...like it or not. He had two bad turnovers last night.

So if we can point out when Jake or Simmer doesn't play well and turns the puck over the Captain should be fair game too.

But feel free to give him a pass because well you know he put up 102 points last year and all. 

27 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No bro try again...i watch a lot of Canes games...see on their under my pic 2nd favorite team is the Canes...and sometimes it isn't all about point but i forget you know all that.

And none of that changes the fact that Giroux has disappeared when they need him most but i know he has the most since 1912 or something like that.

Williams has LEAD his team in their fight for the playoffs which they currently are IN.

Not sure why Flyers fans are so sensitive when some us want to hold the players accountable it is ok to ask the highest paid player to show up when they need him on the ice...is he alone no...but he is part of the problem...like it or not. He had two bad turnovers last night.

So if we can point out when Jake or Simmer doesn't play well and turns the puck over the Captain should be fair game too.

But feel free to give him a pass because well you know he put up 102 points last year and all. 

I don't have a problem with holding a player accountable OR. I'm all for it.

But just last season...you know, the season Williams signed as a UFA, Giroux was in the running for the Hart trophy. Williams had 41 points. I know points aren't the be-all and end-all but there's no comparison between the two last season. Imagine this board if they'd stripped the C and gave it to Williams?

This season the Flyers have used going on EIGHT goalies. Is that the captains fault?  Giroux and Williams have the same amount of goals this year. Giroux has almost double the assists. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not going to judge Girouxs season on the last 7 games. Just like you wouldn't judge Hart on his last 2. 

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Imagine this board if they'd stripped the C and gave it to Williams?

News flash a few here have already mentioned it. So it's not new. And it could help the kid. But it is too late for that so we'll continue to watch this season slide down the drain...and hey but maybe in 3 or 4 years when Giorux is 35 they may win a playoff series.

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

This season the Flyers have used going on EIGHT goalies.

So is this the blame the goalie year i thought that was last year i thought this year was the blame the coach year he is already gone.

Anyways i lose count. but let continue the rebuild for the 4th year right or 5th??

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Giroux and Williams have the same amount of goals this year. Giroux has almost double the assists.

Sure and imagine Williams on Giorux's wing on at least on the same line as him...awe **** it i'm done with this....

#102points

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure and imagine Williams on Giorux's wing on at least on the same line as him...

After you've stripped the C and given it to Williams....yes, I can just feel the jelling of synergy.

Always been a JW fan, always will be, he is even from my neighborhood. But there are no more ex Flyers who can come back and make it more than mediocre. There is a serious opportunity to manage the current assets, to make the Flyers significant once again,  and get past the corporate desire of sneaking into the playoffs. I hope Fletcher has the stones to do it. He needs to gut the 30 somethings, not bring more in.

27 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Always been a JW fan, always will be, he is even from my neighborhood. But there are no more ex Flyers who can come back and make it more than mediocre. There is a serious opportunity to manage the current assets, to make the Flyers significant once again,  and get past the corporate desire of sneaking into the playoffs. I hope Fletcher has the stones to do it. He needs to gut the 30 somethings, not bring more in.

Could use some of this....

The Flyers need to break up the top line and move Giroux back to the wing. I'd personally have the lines set as follows:

Lindblom - Couturier - Konecny

Giroux - Patrick - Voracek

JVR - Laughton - NAK

Raffl - Varone - whoever fits the bill.

I think Patrick would benefit with Giroux on the left side and it would allow him to focus more on using his size to get to the net while Giroux feeds him those sweet passes. 

7 hours ago, brelic said:

Yes he has disappeared. He has ever since being moved back to center.

He's just not a center. He's a playmaking wing. Played that in junior. Drafted that way. Established himself that way.

Was forced into the role after The Trades.

Had his best season last year at wing.

Why they insist on sticking him at center mystifies me.

Just sell, baby!!!! However, after seeing what Duchene, Dzingel and Zuccarello all went for, I think the Flyers are going to be lucky to walk away with a 2nd for Simmonds. I've heard talk that Tampa Bay is interested and that the names Boris Katchouk and Taylor Raddysh have come up, but I'd hope the Flyers could end up with Gabriel Fortier.

I'd hope that if the Flyers lose after the stadium game, Fletcher finally declares they won't make the playoffs and then starts the blood letting and removes all the dead weight. So, Simmonds, Raffl, Varone, MacDonald, Hagg and possibly Elliott and I'm a happy camper. I have no idea what the Flyers will do though. Even though Hextall is gone, this team is still very closely guarded in terms of making moves. It's too eerie how quiet they are.

34 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

So, Simmonds, Raffl, Varone, MacDonald, Hagg and possibly Elliott and I'm a happy camper

Why Hagg?

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Because he is statistically the second worst defenseman on this club and he is a mess when it comes to playing the shut down role

Who wouldn't be with a partner like Mcdud.

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I've heard talk that Tampa Bay is interested and that the names Boris Katchouk and Taylor Raddysh have come up, but I'd hope the Flyers could end up with Gabriel Fortier.

No way i would pass on one of those two over 5-10 175 pound winger...

...who has just barely put up a point per game in the high scoring Q.

Archived