Game 69: Senators at Flyers; 3/11/19 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy favorites and advanced stats say the O and B are a much better team:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2019/Ottawa-Senators-at-Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Game-Picks-3-11-2019-579.html

'

I have not seen a starting goaltender posting.  Jake's absence means some line juggling.  

Good ol Macdonald back in the lineup. I guess Sam Morin isn't going to play at all this year. Who gets in a game first Talbot or Morin??

Projected Lines (Subject to change)

FLYERS

23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 28 Claude Giroux
25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton- 38 Ryan Hartman
44 Phil Varone -10 Corban Knight

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phillipe Myers
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
47 Andrew MacDonald

37 Brian Elliott 
[72 Carter Hart]

Scratches: 93 Jakub Voracek (NHL suspension, game 1 of 2), 33 Cam Talbot (healthy), 5 Sam Morin (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

SENATORS

7 Brady Tkachuk - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 10 Anthony Duclair
15 Zack Smith - 36 Colin White - 9 Bobby Ryan
17 Brian Gibbons - 24 Oscar Lindberg - 89 Mikkel Boedker
38 Rudolfs Balcers - 71 Chris Tierney - 56 Magnus Pääjärvi

72 Thomas Chabot - 2 Dylan DeMelo
86 Christian Wolanin - 5 Cody Ceci
74 Mark Borowiecki - 67 Ben Harpur

41 Craig Anderson
[31 Anders Nilsson]

Scratches: 83 Christian Jaros (questionable, hamstring).

So glad they traded for Cam Talbot where would they be without him??

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

If MacDud sees more than 8 minutes of ice time it will 8 minutes too much.....

They should have let Sam Morin skate those 8 minutes to get a feel for the game.

If not why don't they just shut him down for the year what else is he suppose to do if he can't handle 8 minutes.

The best part of the first period for me was watching Gritty serve hot dogs (it’s $1 dog night here) from the upper level to fans to the lower level using a fishing pole and a hook. 

45 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

The best part of the first period for me was watching Gritty serve hot dogs (it’s $1 dog night here) from the upper level to fans to the lower level using a fishing pole and a hook. 

So I flew to So. Carolina for work today and had a connection in Philly.....so I went to the closest "airport ripoff store" and Immediately bought my 6 year old son a $30 Gritty T-Shirt!

BOY was I wrong about that Mascot.....funny as hell and REALLY catching on! I NOW LOVE GRITTY! Who woudda thunk it!

7 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

So I flew to So. Carolina for work today and had a connection in Philly.....so I went to the closest "airport ripoff store" and Immediately bought my 6 year old son a $30 Gritty T-Shirt!

BOY was I wrong about that Mascot.....funny as hell and REALLY catching on! I NOW LOVE GRITTY! Who woudda thunk it!

I was totally against the idea at first but as he was trained by the original Philly Phanatic, Dave Raymond, he is turning out to be much better than I ever expected.  I have begrudgingly grown to first accept him and then even like him.

Someone must have told elliot that the jackets lost.....

Good god can we give up on this guy already!! He plays decent goal......TILL IT MATTERS!

UGH!

Big 20 save performance....good job Elliot. Keep playing "acceptable" goal until Hart gets back....then go away again.

Average cap hit  $1.44mm per goal, around the 122nd draft pick and 2 points richer.  Need those some nights.  Yeah, Laughts looking like Rafterman from Full Metal Jaquet...

Archived