Game 82: Flyers vs Canes 04/06/19 7:00 pm

No matter what they do....do not play Carter Hart shut him down. Shut Ivan down too.

Let's put an end to a season to forget.

Image result for dumpster fire gif

I just hope for no injuries so they can go into the season being able to trade anyone they want.

This team will not come back whole next year. Changes need to be made.

Show the whole coaching staff the door...good luck elsewhere.

Let the retooling begin...i won't say rebuild because i am tired of that word.

Canes 5

Flyers 2

[IMG]

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK

They currently sit with the 10th pick i think they have an 11% percentage chance of getting inside the top 3 with the lottery.

Hopefully this summer i can find someone who can hypnotise me and make forget this year.

If and when they lose this game...they will finish with 82 points...their worse since 2006-07. Just embarrassing.

The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled defenseman Mark Friedman from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. In addition, the club has also loaned defenseman Philippe Myers to Lehigh Valley.

10 minutes ago, intheslot said:

The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled defenseman Mark Friedman from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. In addition, the club has also loaned defenseman Philippe Myers to Lehigh Valley.

Nice. Long overdue.

Damnit.

Now i might watch i want to see how the kid looks he deserves it.

He should be the 7th man next year no less.

Rest Ivan too.

Not a knock on the kid but as i said in the Blues game thread he is -6 over the last 4 games and -3 last night alone.

He needs to go down gather his thoughts and maybe help the Phantoms win and get in the playoffs nothing he can do or learn up on the Flyers at this point except how to lose and not finish a season strong i'm fine with him being sent down.

Friedman is a well round D man with a mean streak too. I am rooting for the kid.

cut.jpg

It is not just his fault the Flyers have many issues. Another right hand shot.

Friedman will wear jersey #59 

He needs to have a much better season or it will be time to really question this pick.

He has one goal since February 17th. No the 2nd season i had envisioned.

I tend to agree...

It's little NON plays like this that seem to go unpunished or overlooked...

Sure the game was already decided but that is beside the matter....he has had an up and down year all as well. But since he has all these hits he gets a pass it seems.

Well, as you would expect, Carolina is the favorite:

https://sportschatplace.com/picks/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-vs-carolina-hurricanes-4-6-19-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

If you had asked me six or seven months ago about who would be ahead in the standings on the final day of the season....I would have said the Flyers, acknowledging the speed of the Carolina squad.  Boy, Carolina looks like a Cup contender in the next few years...and I fear that we might have another stinker next year.  What the hell happened? 

Been a very long time since I felt this way but who the **** cares. Team has been breaking my heart since 1986 and they don’t even have the pride to finish like professionals. 

Projected Lines

FLYERS (will be updated)

28 Claude Giroux -14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jakub Voracek 
23 Oskar Lindblom - 10 Corban Knight - 38 Ryan Hartman 
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Phil Varone - xxxx

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
8 Robert Hägg 3 Radko Gudas 
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Sam Morin
59 Mark Friedman

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott] 

Scratches: 19 Nolan Patrick (upper body), 27 Justin Bailey (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 33 Cam Talbot (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

Hurricanes

21 Nino Niederreiter - 20 Sebastian Aho - 14 Justin Williams
37 Andrei Svechnikov - 11 Jordan Staal - 86 Teuvo Teräväinen
79 Micheal Ferland - 71 Lucas Wallmark - 48 Jordan Martinook
8 Saku Maenalanen - 42 Greg McKegg - 23 Brock McGinn

74 Jaccob Slavin - 19 Dougie Hamilton
22 Brett Pesce - 27 Justin Faulk
4 Haydn Fleury - 57 Trevor van Riemsdyk

34 Petr Mrazek
[35 Curtis McElhinney]

So let me get this straight....they are about to lose their 5th game in a row to end the season and now Gordon says this???

Dude a little late for that bro...good luck in your next coaching adventure...i think the Flyers need new staff on both clubs. Clean sweep.

And why the f**k are they risking Hart in a meaningless game?? He is the future let Talbot play the damn game nothing to be gained by letting Hart getting lit up by the Canes an damaging his psyche....another reason Gordon has to go. 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And why the f**k are they risking Hart in a meaningless game?? He is the future let Talbot play the damn game nothing to be gained by letting Hart getting lit up by the Canes an damaging his psyche....another reason Gordon has to go.

It's the last home game of the season,  of course,  Hart should start! 

He is our #1 goalie.

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

It's the last home game of the season,  of course,  Hart should start! 

He is our #1 goalie.

If no one is there to see it then did he really start??

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

If no one is there to see it then did he really start??

Do you really think the Flyer fans who have paid good money for this game will just not show up?

6 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Do you really think the Flyer fans who have paid good money for this game will just not show up?

Yes it still cost money to get there and to get home not including several hours of your life you can't get back to see a game no one cares about...Poulin has season tickets i am sue he isn't going...wouldn't be the first time the fans didn't show up for a meaningless game.

Wow at least the reffing hasn't changed.

Let Hayden Fluery hold Varone in the offensive zone and then a no call with a high stick right to Ghost face a few minutes later in the offensive zone.

Refs are ready to go for the playoffs.

Damn Canes get the 1st one with Varone trying some stupid play in the offensive zone with a line change going on.

Man as soon as I am done eating supper I am turning this.

It's just hard to watch they look so ready to go home for the summer.

See that is what I am talking about leading by example...WTF did the Captain stop skating and then attempt to bat the puck with a stick.

Now if the Captain tries some dumbass weak stuff like that then what do you expect the kids to try.

********. 2-0 for the 32 and time this year.

I'm done folks.

Bring on the draft.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

See that is what I am talking about leading by example...WTF did the Captain stop skating and then attempt to bat the puck with a stick.

Now if the Captain tries some dumbass weak stuff like that then what do you expect the kids to try.

********. 2-0 for the 32 and time this year.

I'm done folks.

Bring on the draft.

OR, it's literally physically painful to watch this team at this point. 

And to do it while having to suffer through the Flyers' idiots...er...broadcasters is simply cruel and unusual punishment. 

My daughter is actually at the game. Last time Gritty sat in her lap (so did Swoop).  

When you go to a hockey game and the best thing that happens is a mascot lap dance... 

Archived