Provorov manipulation?

CoachX

Im bored and I love conspiracy theories. There is an article on philly.com about Niskanen helping out Provo. Its a pretty good read. What I found most interesting is that the article didn't dwell very much on Provorov being RFA, or his lack of signing. It was mentioned only once. But it did focus alot on positives, specifically Niskanen complimennting Provy, and saying how he is looking forward to skating with him.  It also mentions how Niskanen should help Ivan ramp up his game.

So, was this a random article? Or could it be a tactic to encourgae Provorov into getting his deal done?

@CoachX I would be surprised if it was some sort next-level attempt at using positive psychology to get Provorov to sign sooner than later. To me, it sounds like Matt Niskanen being a good teammate and looking forward to possibly playing a with young guy whose skills could compliment his own abilities.

• Like 3

I agree with all three points (we have a very smart group in this thread). He will sign and i dont care how much they pay him.

Im still holding on to my theory though. I think the timing if this article, the rah-rah tone, and the lack of negativity, is not coincidental. Maybe Ivan is sitting there, getting all butt hurt and not trusting the process. So they put out an article telling him how great it will be for him, and they do it with camp looming

I see him calling his agent and screaming a bunch of broken english demands

trade-me-right-fucking-now-memegenerator-net-trade-me-right-fucking-53406560.png