Philadelphia Flyers 2019-20 camp/pre season

OccamsRazor

14 minutes ago, brelic said:

I think Zamula will be a really good one in a few years. He was very impressive.

I agree he is going to help replace someone from the current blueline in a year or two.

Because realistically at today's going rates they are not going to be able to keep all these guys.

And I am hoping when that takes place whoever's that is will be traded for some assets in return instead of letting that guy go for nothing.

And just for example Ghost contract is up in 2022-23 so they could flip him sometime during the year for a nice return and insert Zamula in his place.

As I said before I get a flood of responses just for example it could be a Sanheim or Myers too.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree he is going to help replace someone from the current blueline in a year or two.

Because realistically at today's going rates they are not going to be able to keep all these guys.

And I am hoping when that takes place whoever's that is will be traded for some assets in return instead of letting that guy go for nothing.

And just for example Ghost contract is up in 2022-23 so they could flip him sometime during the year for a nice return and insert Zamula in his place.

As I said before I get a flood of responses just for example it could be a Sanheim or Myers too.

The timeline actually bodes well for our up and comers...

Niskanen and Braun will be gone within 2 years leaving us with

Provorov/Sanheim

Ghost/Myers

as a top 4.

So we can add two of Zamula, York, Ginning, Millman... 

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

The timeline actually bodes well for our up and comers...

Niskanen and Braun will be gone within 2 years leaving us with

Provorov/Sanheim

Ghost/Myers

as a top 4.

So we can add two of Zamula, York, Ginning, Millman... 

Don't forget stud Wyatt Kalynuk at Wisconsin he will be in the Hobey Baker conversation this coming year and expect to be inked to an entry level deal.

He was named the Badgers MVP last year and has been bestowed the honor of Captain this year.

So yes the future is bright.

• Like 1

The Flyers also released camp invites Maxim Golod, Ben McCartney, Sean Comrie and Mika Cyr from their amateur tryouts.

The team's roster is at 54 players.

Forwards

Andy Andreoff
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Connor Bunnaman
Greg Carey
Sean Couturier
Kyle Criscuolo
Joel Farabee
Gerry Fitzgerald
Morgan Frost
Kurtis Gabriel
Claude Giroux
Kevin Hayes
David Kase
Travis Konecny
Pascal Laberge
Scott Laughton
Oskar Lindblom
Cal O'Reilly
Nolan Patrick
Tyler Pitlick
Michael Raffl
Isaac Ratcliffe
German Rubtsov
Chris Stewart
Matthew Strome
Maksim Sushko
Carsen Twarynski
James van Riemsdyk
Jakub Voracek
Mikhail Vorobyev

Defense

Chris Bigras
Justin Braun
T.J. Brennan
Josh Couturier
David Drake
Mark Friedman
Shayne Gostisbehere
Robert Hagg
Robert Michel
Samuel Morin
Philippe Myers
Matt Niskanen
Nate Prosser
Ivan Provorov
Travis Sanheim
Andy Welinski
Reece Willcox
Tyler Wotherspoon

Goalies

Jean-Francois Berube
Brian Elliott
Carter Hart
Alex Lyon
Felix Sandstrom
Kirill Ustimenko

the Swedish language is so unique. lots of hard sounds similar to German, but then there's this almost comical sing-song-I-ness too it that is I'm sure what Frank Oz picked up on for his Muppet character. I quit watching the fight and just listened to the call of it.

@CoachX

wth is a "sock bopper" ?

Edited by mojo1917

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

the Swedish language is so unique. lots of hard sounds similar to German, but then there's this almost comical sing-song-I-ness too it that is I'm sure what Frank Oz picked up on for his Muppet character. I quit watching the fight and just listened to the call of it.

@CoachX

wth is a "sock bopper" ?

814uMfuNEkL._SX425_.jpg

26 minutes ago, CoachX said:

That is NAK modeling them

Yeah like him or not but he was one of the few physical players on the Flyers that game....which is really really sad.

And had the 2nd best Corsi score on the team....i know you enjoy that...and he will drop the gloves too if need be.

3. Nicolas Aube-Kubel

The man we call “NAK” had himself a very nice game overall as he battles for a spot on the Flyers roster. He was physical, he showed strong decision making and puck protection skills, had great passing vision - you name it he was doing it. He finished directly behind Vorobyev in Corsi with a 61.63 CF SVA, and posted the second highest xGF SVA with a 58.42. If NAK is going to make this team, performances like this one will greatly help his cause.

Thursday's game is likely to mark the debut of the defense pairing of offseason addition Matt Niskanen with Ivan Provorov. Additionally, Sean Couturier and team captain Claude Giroux are slated to play for the first time during the exhibition season. Recently re-signed right winger Travis Konecny will not play until Saturday.

The Flyers lineup will be posted after the morning skate in Voorhees. The Bruins lineup or game roster will be posted closer to game time.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The man we call “NAK” had himself a very nice game overall as he battles for a spot on the Flyers roster. He was physical, he showed strong decision making and puck protection skills, had great passing vision - you name it he was doing it. He finished directly behind Vorobyev in Corsi with a 61.63 CF SVA, and posted the second highest xGF SVA with a 58.42. If NAK is going to make this team, performances like this one will greatly help his cause.

The question is whether or not he has a future with this organization. I'd say Rubtsov and Vorobyev are ahead of him in terms of 4th line / bottom 6 depth. 

He has to outplay those two guys to even have a shot.

Edited by brelic

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah like him or not but he was one of the few physical players on the Flyers that game....which is really really sad.

And had the 2nd best Corsi score on the team....i know you enjoy that...and he will drop the gloves too if need be.

3. Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Lol... you crack me up

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

The question is whether or not he has a future with this organization. I'd say Rubtsov and Vorobyev are ahead of him in terms of 4th line / bottom 6 depth. 

He has to outplay those two guys to even have a shot.

Not really.

I think he has a place on the 4th. Those two are centers.

I think eventually Ruby transition to wing since he struggles at the faceoff dot but he has played on the left side so sure i guess they can flip Lindblom to the right side and then slot Ruby into the 3rd line role. But NAK still makes it.

NAK is a winger and well i am not even going to count on Misha yet till he shows me he can play well when the games count he had a great preseason last year only to be timid once the competition went up and was sent back down and never to be seen again last year.

NAK makes the team by default over those two for a reason he won't survive waivers to be sent down and those two can't be claimed on waivers and are exempt. So that right there puts NAK somewhere among the 13 forwards.

The other two will certainly have to prove earn their spot. NAK is perfect for the 4th line role.

That combined with his solid defensive play along with the physical element he brings (which let's be honest is very scarce among the Flyer forward ranks these days).

Pitlick starts on IR too. Yep NAK makes it and now it's just a formality. Unless Chuckles was to shirt around it by trading him.

He certainly won't just give him away by sending him through waivers.

G - Coots - TK

JVR - Hayes - Jake

Ruby - Patrick?? - Lindblom

Raffl - Laughton - NAK

or NAK as the 13th forward and Farabee and Vorobyev in the lineup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Lol... you crack me up

You are in denial. So i have to ask did NAK steal your parking spot at the local mall...

SpotlessInnocentGadwall-size_restricted.

...why the such hate for a guy you have hardly seen play?? 

What did he do to you??

th?id=OIP.-Qrjw1SGAmkcEKUviGc5bgAAAA&pid=Api&rs=1

You can talk about it here...we're here for you it will help if you talk about it.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

NAK makes the team by default over those two for a reason he won't survive waivers to be sent down and those two can't be claimed on waivers and are exempt. So that right there puts NAK somewhere among the 13 forwards.

The other two will certainly have to prove earn their spot. NAK is perfect for the 4th line role.

Maybe he makes the squad, I don't know... don't really care honestly. I've never seen anything remotely remarkable about his game, so if the organization does, then so be it. I'll cheer him on. But unless that happens, he's just not a player I'm concerned with.

Although I will say that I think he'd clear waivers. Don't think teams are lining up to scoop up a 23 year-old AHLer who has shown marginal NHL potential. 

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Maybe he makes the squad, I don't know... don't really care honestly.

Me either i just enjoy stirring coach's pot....he has a personal vendetta against him and i'm trying to get him to divulge why.

There is simply too much talent on this roster and even behind him to stick and stay here long...i mean he would have to come out and set the league on fire for him to stick here for a couple more years.

But what i think he can become is a role player type like Laughton and Laughton are now and there is a chance later maybe he steals a spot say for example even Raffl's job....who is 30 and NAK could slot in at say half his price tag for example not saying he will he'll have to convince the coaches.

Or he could prove valuable and Chuckles flip for a pick to another team. Bottom line you don't give a guy like away without trying to recoup something for him even if it's a 7th round pick....Wyatt Kalynuk was a 7th rounder...

• Like 1