Flyers Analytics team is now Thick as a Brick

King Knut

11 hours ago, King Knut said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-round-out-analytics-staff/c-308879402

Aqualung training at the Jersey Shore to commence post haste. 

I know it's odd but, I could just never get into a man wearing tights with a jockstrap on the outside playing a flute.

Wonder if it's the same guy? :bigteeth:

14 hours ago, King Knut said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-round-out-analytics-staff/c-308879402

Aqualung training at the Jersey Shore to commence post haste. 

Of course we hired someone who used to work for Minnesota Wild.

I don't see how this is any less incestuous than what the Flyers do. Just that now it's from a worse organization.

• Like 3
  • Uggh... 2

37 minutes ago, brelic said:

Of course we hired someone who used to work for Minnesota Wild.

I don't see how this is any less incestuous than what the Flyers do. Just that now it's from a worse organization.

This is a concern.  

The coaching staff is an upgrade and not from either organization.  So maybe there’s hope in the implementation of the Wild’s approach to GMing and Analyticking ?

I’m mildly anti-fletcher, but even putting my biases aside, I am extremely nervous about Him and Scott running the show by themselves. It’s not the lack of a Flyer faithful on hand, it’s more the lack of any hockey experience and loose cannon/spend to the cap NOW that I see in Scott combined with the show you my belly submissive qualities of Fletcher.  

I’m nervous.  But it is new and we know old wasn’t cutting it.  The Old Guard set up this new guard with what should be a very good roster with some highly rated talent waiting in the wings.  

When Murray came in from outside the .org, they got better.  

When Neilsson came in from outside the organization, they got better. 

When Hitch came in from outside, they got better. 

When Lavvy came in, they got better.   

They also eventually got worse under each of those guys and also got temporarily better under Stevens but none of that helps my point soon won’t mention it again.  

Anyway, I just thought the name was worth making a joke over ;)

12 minutes ago, King Knut said:

This is a concern.  

The sheer number of people brought over from the Wild, formerly from the Wild, or just from Minnesota in general is pretty high for such a short amount of time Fletch has been here.

In and of itself, that doesn't mean it's a good or bad thing. But looking at it from a nepotistic point of view, it's a bit concerning for two reasons. 

One, it's the same old same old pattern but from a different organization.

Two, I'm not interested in watching the Flyers emulate the Wild.

But, hey, what do I know? Bring us a Cup and no one will care. Winning cures pretty much anything.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, brelic said:

The sheer number of people brought over from the Wild, formerly from the Wild, or just from Minnesota in general is pretty high for such a short amount of time Fletch has been here.

In and of itself, that doesn't mean it's a good or bad thing. But looking at it from a nepotistic point of view, it's a bit concerning for two reasons. 

One, it's the same old same old pattern but from a different organization.

Two, I'm not interested in watching the Flyers emulate the Wild.

But, hey, what do I know? Bring us a Cup and no one will care. Winning cures pretty much anything.

Wild were never a team with much depth or much of a deep prospect pool. 

After his mediocre as molasses process, Hextall has bequeathed both. 

He also left a crap coach though, replacing which is the one move I can actually commend Fletcher for  (no brained as it was).  Don’t hate most of the other moves (though most were no brainers or eventual outcomes just accelerated by a few months) and I hate a few... but the coaching staff is sound if they don’t step on each other’s toes.  

Hayes is a good add even if his contract will need to be bought out next year. 

Niskanen’s a good add, even though Gudas was Likely our best D last year, but that clearly shouldn’t be the case and his UFA status held many question marks that I’m okay being rid of.  

I don't know jack about a Braun and I doubt he was necessary, but they got an asset on a brief contract. 

I’m just really hoping the 3RW goes to Frost or NAK or Another young player. 

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I know it's odd but, I could just never get into a man wearing tights with a jockstrap on the outside playing a flute.

Wonder if it's the same guy? :bigteeth:

Was never a huge fan, like some tracks here and there, but the weirdness certainly never bothered me.  

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

In my mind, I was playing the riff to locomotive breath as bookends around analytics...

works for me.

not much of a fan outside of that song and ring out solstice bells, which is a beautiful "winter song"

"Locomotive Breath" is a fantastic name for a song...

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

Analytics or not, I believe we are at the start of an eighth season without a playoff win. Hart in goal will not make up for what might be a marginally better defense and offense.  I will try to maintain guarded optimism and hope that our young forward corps shows some offensive dynamism.  

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I think I've had locomotive breath before...after a zombie bender.

I can guarantee that I've had it.

I've also had fiery habanero salsa butt. Don't tell me I haven't lived an examined life!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2