Observation from tonight's game

RonJeremy

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hagg was Hagg. 

Yes and it isn't good but i guess not bad either that is why i have him in the 8th spot behind Sam.

17 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I thought Sanheim played well but didn't exactly stand out.

True. And by me saying his name is yeah it was hey i saw him and that was about it....nothing really impressive just that he is a good skater. Not down on him or anything i know he knows he is making the team and will look better when he is paired with Myers or Braun or whomever they chose and the games count.

I think Laughton got banged up some.

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I didn't think anything of Kase coming into camp, but he's done a nice job so far.

Yes i had seen flashes of his skillset when looking at the Phantoms highlights but he biggest issue now is can he stay healthy.

He isn't a big forward but he does have nice wheels and the appearance of a nice shot and good hands and a nose for the net.

What a laser by the kid...

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I can't really say there is much to write about either "game."  They both seemed like a practice where they were keeping score.

Yes very much so.

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Dobson looked really very good on the Islanders. 

Yes sort of the only Isle that caught my eye really.

He was out there trying to make the team. Which i wish i would have seen a little more of from Sanheim but he knows he has already made the team so i won't hold that against him.

7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Looks like Elliott-Lyon in goal again.

Hopefully Elliott can redeem himself from that weak leaky goal last game. Flyers and Hart are going to need him this year.

It's time for him to show he can be reliable and just hold the fort down while Hart gets some rest. If not i'm not sure if Lyon can either.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If not i'm not sure if Lyon can either.

At this point I feel comfortable saying he can't.

I like his determination and willingness to battle. In the end I think he's a very good AHL goalie but not NHL material.

Edited by mojo1917
too many buts
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I like his determination and willingness to battle. In the end I think he's a very good AHL goalie but not NHL material.

Yeah can't argue that.

The one thing he does i wish he'd fix is not play so small in net...other goalie try to play big and take up as much net as they can...Lyon seems to want to crouch down so much and rely on his reflexes to save him. He might get away with that in the AHL but in the NHL these guys can pick their corners....shooters are so much better.

At this stage i'm not sure if he can change that and still play his game...so ultimately i think he is a career AHLer at best.

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

He is Neil Little 2.0

That's fine. It means he'll have a nice career. It just won't be in the NHL. 

• Like 1