Game 40: Flyers at Kings; 12/31/19 @ 9 PM

Howie58

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

By reading this you'd think the flyers weren't in a wild card spot, exactly where everyone thought they'd be.   Plus not having Patrick all year, **** ton of injuries.... Playing, what...6 rookies?   A starting goalie who hasn't played a full year in the league?  A backup who is actually playing better than we thought.  

Come on guys, turds will be laid.  West coast over the holidays?  I wasn't expecting much.  Let's see what happens in January and then we can prepare the pitchforks.  

Turds have been laid for the past decade, mostly in the GMs office, which has trickled down to the on ice effort. Mediocrity reigns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

We do tend to suck on this trip don't we?

I can't remember them ever being over .500 on this trip.  In my mind it's a holiday break - check the scores, see they lose and get ready for the home stretch.

9 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Mediocrity reigns.

Yup, so far.  But for multiple reasons I see them on the upswing.  Goalie, coach, youngins finally arriving.   There's really a lot to look forward to.   This team is on the upswing to being a contender......  Just two more years :)

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

Come on guys, turds will be laid.  West coast over the holidays?  I wasn't expecting much. 

I agree to a certain extent. But c'mon man when you looked at this schedule.

at San Jose 

at Anaheim

at LA

at Vegas

at Arizona

at Carolina

You meant to tell me you didn't expect them to at least of any of those games to at least beat San Jose and LA???

A team that was 1-8-1 in their last 10?? The other that was 4-4-2 in their last 10?? At the time the two worst struggling teams in the West??

I know i sure did after we had seen them finally secure the 3rd seed heading into the Christmas break.

Well let's just say you and i have didn't expectations for this young club. But the issue once again is the main stars making all the money have laid an egg. Once again.

In the Sharks game nothing but crickets from the money men.

In LA Clod finally wants to show up and get on the board with half the 3rd period gone and down 5-1 that was so nice of him.

How long must we endure this till there is a change?? I know there are man here who are cool with it chalk it up to part of the game.

But me myself i ain't buying it...i don't want to accept it i want this club to show they have change and have grown out of the habits that have plagued them the whole last decade.

I mean really hard to believe we have dealt with these types of performances for a decade.

And there has been the one constant players within that decade. I think it is time for Chuckles to shake the core up.

It isn't going to get any easier an to save the boudy sometimes you need to remove the infected arm.

And it needs to be done before the young kids coming in think that it's ok to play like this ok to have thee stretches save them from being tainted.

If not now then when how much more much be destroyed to wake up??

• Good Post 1

So Elliot lets in 4 in the 1st and is replaced by Hart?.....Right?

Hate to say it but without having seen the game, I would say some of those need to be stopped no? This has always been my "issue" with Eliiot.....has he ever won us a game like 2-1 or 1-0?!..... I've seen Hart do it like 5-6 times this season alone!...

Ah, humbug. I HATE this holiday road trip!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I would say some of those need to be stopped no?

I would say yes. This one clear line of sight..

...just gets owned. Typical Elliott.

This one here just serves up a juicy rebound...3-0.

And then comes the back breaking shorthanded goal...then Niskanen turned this over along the wall didn't get it to NAK.

And then second time in two games Ghost does his Andrew Macdonald impressination whiffing on the 2 on 1 stopping the pass.

Then Elliott gets yanked...but let say terrible effort in front of Elliott too.

28 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Hate to say it but without having seen the game, I would say some of those need to be stopped no? This has always been my "issue" with Eliiot.....has he ever won us a game like 2-1 or 1-0?!..... I've seen Hart do it like 5-6 times this season alone!...

Elliot was pretty terrific vs Anahiem, won 2-1 so my guess is he earned the start in the coaches minds.

I wonder if LA has a good book on where to shoot vs Elliot, If i remember right, they destroyed him in the playoffs just prior to him signing here. Maybe it was SJ ?  The shots that beat him were very good shots, Kemper's especially- blocker side and high. The Clifford goal is maybe one he'd like back, it was a good shot, but I think 37 was playing pass. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Elliot was pretty terrific vs Anahiem, won 2-1 so my guess is he earned the start in the coaches minds.

I know it's easy to second guess with hindsight now but i am trying to get Hart back on the horse after not playing his best game versus the Sharks since he is their key goalie.

And Elliott being what 34 and only played one game in 8 days. I think he does better with more rest. But maybe they saw something in practice with Hart that made them go to him again.

But it's water under the bridge now and this team is only going to take them as far as Hart leads them. 

The biggest issue is to figure out why they are so good at home a sieve like on the road...from goalie out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Ah right...This west coast swing has been a blur! Fair enough....Just following the team I guess....Play EXCELLENT one game them utterly TERRIBLE the next...Jeckly and freaking hyde.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:34 PM, tucson83 said:

im hearing get rid of the coach on other forums, i mean av is not going anywhere

Sweet Jeebus, I hope they brought enough of whatever they were on for everyone to get a hit.

AV and the staff aren't even on the "list of problems" for this organization.

• Like 2

Just now, radoran said:

Sweet Jeebus, I hope they brought enough of whatever they were on for everyone to get a hit.

AV and the staff aren't even on the "list of problems" for this organization.

Only in Philly man. Unbelievable.