Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

17 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I'm not convinced he's much better than Voracek in terms of production or really in what he brings to the ice. He has good stretches and then he has bad stretches, a lot like Voracek. 

Hard to say though he is much younger (4 years) and cheaper and with a flat cap for the next year or two that saving could be used elsewhere.

And he is two time 30 goal scorer Jake has never sniffed 30 before even in his best years.

It would be worth a roll of the dice and could send a message to Giroux he could be next.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just hope this swings some momentum their way....

...they deserve it they could have gotten down about letting them back into the game but they kept fighting and I hope has swung some pressure on the Isles...

Laughton....

image.jpeg.164a1222757af3d9e0095c4447ff91bd.jpeg

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll take it.

After the way they let them back in it.

Now just worry worry about the next win...

In order to win the next game, they need to outscore their opponent

30 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Im not disagreeing with you. But isnt it like saying Scott Laughton leads the team in playoff goals? Well, someone has to!

Im suggesting the intangibles ghost can bring, outweighs those of Hagg. I like Hagg better than Braun, but like you said, can he sustain the minutes? If so, play him and sit Braun

and, NO. I dont watch the games. I drink the bourbon and watch reruns of "my 600 lb life". At least there is a chance for victory

This whole post is a fukcing masterpiece. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

The blind squirrel is tied for the team lead in goals with 4 and 8 points through 13 games.

Like I posted earlier, someone has to!

If any of us are thrilled its him, we are in trouble

29 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Like I posted earlier, someone has to!

If any of us are thrilled its him, we are in trouble

Damn sure not thrilled it's him but thankfully someone has found a way to score.

There have been 9 game winning goals by 8 different players only one player has two.

That is Raffl who has two but is injured.

The only big gun with a game winner is Jake.

So I don't really care who gets them or how they get them.

I don't care if it banks off 3 shin pads off the jumbotron and then off Hagg's teeth and in the goal as long as they get them right now and they win the damn game.

This team seems to be dealing with some mental demons and so long as they keep fighting through it and I have Flyer hockey to watch and bitch about it's a win win to me.

One thing I have come to grips with is they ain't going to play no sexy hockey for the highlight reels like I have seen from other teams.

But just keep grinding is all I ask.

• Good Post 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is your thoughts on this?

I watched it live and thought it was a good hockey play -a big hit in the run of play and not malicious. 

big man hitting a little man, at speed, I didn't feel like he intentionally targeted Joel's noggin. 

The primary point of contact is Joel's bean though. I can see DPoS taking a look at it, I can see nothing happening.

I wasn't appalled or up in arms, I thought there's an opportunity to make a hit and Pellech took it.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn sure not thrilled it's him but thankfully someone has found a way to score.

There have been 9 game winning goals by 8 different players only one player has two.

That is Raffl who has two but is injured.

The only big gun with a game winner is Jake.

So I don't really care who gets them or how they get them.

I don't care if it banks off 3 shin pads off the jumbotron and then off Hagg's teeth and in the goal as long as they get them right now and they win the damn game.

This team seems to be dealing with some mental demons and so long as they keep fighting through it and I have Flyer hockey to watch and bitch about it's a win win to me.

One thing I have come to grips with is they ain't going to play no sexy hockey for the highlight reels like I have seen from other teams.

But just keep grinding is all I ask.

Im with you. Just get the win. Its a team game

Flyer fans are used to disappointment. We prefer to have predetermined dominant wins over inferior opposition. Winning like this does make one feel confident, and stress sets in. Hence the invention of the oft mentioned Bourbon

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I watched it live and thought it was a good hockey play -a big hit in the run of play and not malicious. 

big man hitting a little man, at speed, I didn't feel like he intentionally targeted Joel's noggin. 

The primary point of contact is Joel's bean though. I can see DPoS taking a look at it, I can see nothing happening.

I wasn't appalled or up in arms, I thought there's an opportunity to make a hit and Pellech took it.

Was Farabee injured on the play? Like did he leave the bench at all to visit the quiet room?

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

i see no reason why hagg playing over ghost

The Isles are big and physical,  Haag is probably our biggest player, he hits the most, blocks the most shots and has played pretty good. He is better defensively than Ghost. I would dress Ghost and bench Thompson. Then I would mix up the shifts of Haag, Braun and Ghost putting the proper combo on the ice for the proper situation. Of course Ghost would get all the PP time as well.

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Isles are big and physical,  Haag is probably our biggest player, he hits the most, blocks the most shots and has played pretty good. He is better defensively than Ghost. I would dress Ghost and bench Thompson. Then I would mix up the shifts of Haag, Braun and Ghost putting the proper combo on the ice for the proper situation. Of course Ghost would get all the PP time as well.

Interesting concept

I suggest more bourbon for you

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, you can't split up Sanheim/Myers. It is what it is for now. If Ghost does have a future with this team, I do think a confident Ghost playing the way he did two years ago would pair well with Ivan. 

Christ I'd put 2 years ago Ghost with anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Christ I'd put 2 years ago Ghost with anyone. 

After the surgeries Ghost said as recently as 4-6 weeks ago that he finally is starting to feel as mobile as he was a few years ago, even at practice.  It's no wonder Ghost didn't look like Ghost from 2 years ago when he was skating with the mobility of JVR.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

After the surgeries Ghost said as recently as 4-6 weeks ago that he finally is starting to feel as mobile as he was a few years ago, even at practice.  It's no wonder Ghost didn't look like Ghost from 2 years ago when he was skating with the mobility of JVR.

Hope he comes back to being even close to the player he was. He sure was fun to watch.

58 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

my 97 yearold obese granny, the one with the wooden leg, pushing a kids skate trainer around the ice, has more mobility than JVR

and she could kick his fluffy ass