RD 2: EAstern Conference: #2 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. #4 Boston Bruins

pilldoc

RD 2: EAstern Conference: #2 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. #4 Boston Bruins  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins series?

• Lightning sweep
    • Lightning in 5 (Tampa Bay wins series)
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Bruins sweep
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

This will be the third playoff series between these two teams with Tampa Bay winning both previous series. They last met in the 2018 Eastern Conference Second Round, which Tampa Bay won in five games. Tampa Bay won their Round Robin game between these two teams earlier in this year's playoffs 3–2. Tampa Bay won three of the four games in this year's regular season series.

schedule and dates TBD

Edited by pilldoc

Boston takes game 1, 3-2

Hard push by the Lightning late...they didn't roll over, go away, or otherwise give Boston anything, even being down by two late in the game.

I will give credit overall to the Bruins smart defense in how they handled TB's transition and rushes.
But LOTS of credit to Jaroslav Halak who was simply outstanding.

I think I counted at least 3 or 4 occasions where the Lightning probably could have had goals, but Halak just denied them.

This series is going long anyways I think and while I would have liked the Bolts to take Game 1 obviously, there is tons of play to be had yet here.
We will see if TB can put pressure a bit more than they did in Game 1 and whether or not Halak will maintain the same concentration....and whether the Bruins as a whole can maintain the same type of discipline they showed in this one.

The 3rd goal was so Boston and the thing that makes Marchand more than just a face-licking agitator. That was a nothing play most nights against everyone else in the league . That goal was 85% because of his effort and not quitting on a puck.

That line is so good, the stick lift by Bergeron, a great pass from Pasternak, and it wound up being the difference.

Brayden Point is turning full beast in front of everyone and he doesn't care. Jesus that guy can skate and he's feeling it now, super fun to watch him play. 

This game was entertaining, I expect ugliness to go along with the great hockey, inject this into my veins. 

• Like 1

Bolts in Game 4...up 3-1 with about 5 minutes to go.

TB wins and they will put a 3-1 stranglehold on the series.
Hopefully, the Lightning get it done here and get a chance to put these gold n black clowns to bed in the next game.

Get it done TB!
I wanna see a Lightning-Flyers Eastern Final!

Tampa Bay pushing Boston to the brink.

I think Rask in net would have given Boston a better shot in the series, but even then, I think we are talking an uphill battle for the Bruins.
Bolts simply have too much speed, roll 4 lines, have team toughness that can match the Bruins easily enough, have experienced guys, and have too much Vasilevskiy to top it off.

Bruins have a great top line, but after that, they kinda pale in comparison.

Obviously series isn't over yet, but unless the Lightning pull a Maple Leafs, this series should be done either in the next game, or Game 6.

This last game, I thought Ritchie should've been suspended or fined for that nasty hit to Gourde, not a slap on the wrist 5 min penalty, what a joke. Having said that, my BOLTS will WIN and take this series...

Andrei Vasilevskiy and Jaroslav Halak both leading their respective teams out to the ice.

Will Boston live to fight another day? 
Or will Tampa Bay, smelling blood, finish off their opponents and begin to focus on either NY or Phi?

Hoping for the latter... let's go boys.

11 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

0 all at the end of the first, this will turn out to be an interesting one

So far, the way things are shaking out, I would say Boston should feel better about the state this game is in.

Facing elimination, scoreless after one, Lightning have LOTS of good chances (including that 4 min PP), with nothing to show for it...not even a SOG on the aforementioned 4 min PP.... Kucherov's status questionable for the game.....Halak playing well.

Once again, the Lightning's grit and depth will be tested, but if you are the Bruins, I think outside of maybe having the lead, game is going well thus far...... Lightning? Not so much. With the lion's share of opportunities, they should have had something to show for it by now.

Andrei Vasilevskiy is the Bolts' best player so far in this game, and good thing he was!

Victor Hedman's OT winner takes the Bolts to the Conference Finals!
Nice!

Who will it be?
Will the Isles finish off the Flyers?
Or will Philly make the Bolts wait longer while they make a comeback?

Either way, nice to see the Lightning moving on to yet another Eastern Final.

30 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Victor Hedman's OT winner takes the Bolts to the Conference Finals!
Nice!

Who will it be?
Will the Isles finish off the Flyers?
Or will Philly make the Bolts wait longer while they make a comeback?

Either way, nice to see the Lightning moving on to yet another Eastern Final.

I'm guessing it goes 7.