Minnesota Wild vs Los Angeles Kings, Friday 2-26-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

Pardon me while I beat the nag for a moment.  It's time.....to stop boot licking Suter and Parise because of their contracts.  They have added essentially nothing this year.  There are several guys really improving and playing really well (Hartman, Sturm upfront, and Cole and Soucy in back).  No reason to keep the facade going that these two are top 6 and top 4 - they simply are not.  Their skating is sub-par, their effort is mixed to bad, and their attitudes are poor.  I don't think Zach and Ryan (and their colossal egos) are enjoying being upstaged and surpassed by the younger players, either.  Any Yard Sale including them would make my day.

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Pardon me while I beat the nag for a moment.  It's time.....to stop boot licking Suter and Parise because of their contracts.  They have added essentially nothing this year.  There are several guys really improving and playing really well (Hartman, Sturm upfront, and Cole and Soucy in back).  No reason to keep the facade going that these two are top 6 and top 4 - they simply are not.  Their skating is sub-par, their effort is mixed to bad, and their attitudes are poor.  I don't think Zach and Ryan (and their colossal egos) are enjoying being upstaged and surpassed by the younger players, either.  Any Yard Sale including them would make my day.

At least we don't see the TOI of 30 minutes plus anymore.

• Like 2

Just now, lynxrattle said:

At least we don't see the TOI of 30 minutes plus anymore.

Agreed, but I would prefer to see what ANYONE has got versus watching these two slide further into the abyss.  They just suck at this point.  There is ZERO upside to watching them take any valuable ice-time.  I just hope that they don't start to chip away at the Wild's recent mojo as the cancerous malcontents we saw in the past when the Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, and Nino's were upcoming forwards, and Dumba and Spurgeon were challenging Suter's stranglehold over TOI and line-mates on D. 

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Agreed, but I would prefer to see what ANYONE has got versus watching these two slide further into the abyss.  They just suck at this point.  There is ZERO upside to watching them take any valuable ice-time.  I just hope that they don't start to chip away at the Wild's recent mojo as the cancerous malcontents we saw in the past when the Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, and Nino's were upcoming forwards, and Dumba and Spurgeon were challenging Suter's stranglehold over TOI and line-mates on D. 

The difference between Boudreau and Evason. Don't see that happening.

2 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Foligno can only protect him to a point. What we really would need is the kind of protection the refs give to players like McDavid or Kane. It's crazy how Kaprizov is a rookie, and still is shadowed like a superstar.

The players all likely knew who Kap was from Olympic and Jr. efforts first, then the KHL.  No matter the competition, they could clearly see he would likely be the best player on the Wild (since Fiala cannot seem to have balance to his game, and Parise is the MOST overrated Top Paid forward in the league).  He is exactly who I would have shadowed.  I had said many months ago that I expected him to be between Kuztnetsov and Kucherov, given their statistics in the KHL as compared to Kaps.  He clearly outperformed Kuz and Panarin in the KHL (not quite at Kuch level), so I am guessing players knew what to expect, if he adjusted well enough to NHL

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

While Parise allowed himself to be shopped figuring he wasn't going to win here, Now with the emerging talent of Kaprizov, Fiala, Hartman and even Zucs does he want to stay?? 🤔🥶

I would be willing to ''pass the hat" and make a contribution for his bus ticket out, anyone else?

13 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Parise is pretty much demoted to the third line already.

Just now, Alexandron said:

Good news also - Iowa Wild team just win tonight against Texas Stars team with a nice score 5:3. Calen Addison placed 2 goals and Baribeau stopped 33 out of 36 shots in that game. Next game is tomorrow too.

Great news. I was getting worried already 😀 

Have a good night, all!

• Like 1