Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, Monday 3-22-21, 6:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

I like our Kill units.  We have the right players.  HOWEVER....

It is time for Brodin/Addison, EEK/Zucc/Kap on PP1, and no Bjug, Parise, Johansson, Suter - EVER on any PP.  I believe we would see a noticeable difference. 

Did Johansson even suit up tonight?  

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Continue that next one to get a real test ve the Blues. 

Interestingly, the Blues have been mediocre lately for whatever reasons.
I agree another measuring stick game for Minnesota, only in that one, I think the question becomes, "Can the Wild keep a talented, but lethargic team from waking up?"

I can only imagine how much more dangerous the Wild themselves would be if they ever got a decent PP going.
Without looking at a stat sheet, we are either last in conversion rate or pretty close to it.

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Didn't need to be that dramatic...Sheesh.
But they sloooowly inproved through the game.
Continue that next one to get a real test vs the Blues. 

1st period was kind of timid, 2nd was better and a 3rd was much better by showing more life and activity.

• Like 1

Being a bubble team for the playoffs won't cut it.
We'll need every advantage like home ice in this funky season and probably have to fight VGK for 2nd place.
Unless something dramatic changes in Col, I see them taking the top spot. 

6 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Have they even played the Blues yet?

Not yet. We are gong to play 1st game on Thursday (March 25th) at 7:00p.m., but before that we are going to have a game on Wednesday (March 24th) at 4:30 p.m. against Ducks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can only imagine how much more dangerous the Wild themselves would be if they ever got a decent PP going.

Even middle of the pack would be a huge boost.
Need Foligno back to get that line back together. Then the rest can get back to some solid lines again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Being a bubble team for the playoffs won't cut it.
We'll need every advantage like home ice in this funky season and probably have to fight VGK for 2nd place.
Unless something dramatic changes in Col, I see them taking the top spot. 

Colorado definitely has a chance to win the division, but when you say something "dramatic" changes with them, I think of an injury or two.
As fast and talented as they are, I still contend they aren't deep enough to be a true contender for the Cup.
When healthy, they seem almost second to none.... but, when they lose a key player or two, they look VERY mediocre.

Contenders of the past have had key players go down with injuries, sometimes losing two or three at a time, and still find success because of their depth and "next man in" mentality.
I still don't see that with the Avalanche.

I still like Vegas to take the Western top spot.

Wild, if they make the post season, likely is the third or fourth best in the division depending on how things shake out for the Blues.

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Interestingly, the Blues have been mediocre lately for whatever reasons.
I agree another measuring stick game for Minnesota, only in that one, I think the question becomes, "Can the Wild keep a talented, but lethargic team from waking up?"

Without looking at a stat sheet, we are either last in conversion rate or pretty close to it.

Definitely, PP needs some dramatic urgent improvement.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Colorado definitely has a chance to win the division, but when you say something "dramatic" changes with them, I think of an injury or two.
As fast and talented as they are, I still contend they aren't deep enough to be a true contender for the Cup.
When healthy, they seem almost second to none.... but, when they lose a key player or two, they look VERY mediocre.

Contenders of the past have had key players go down with injuries, sometimes losing two or three at a time, and still find success because of their depth and "next man in" mentality.
I still don't see that with the Avalanche.

I still like Vegas to take the Western top spot.

Wild, if they make the post season, likely is the third or fourth best in the division depending on how things shake out for the Blues.

I think Blues is still a dangerous team and agree will fight with us for the 3rd or 4th place in our division. Vegas and Colorado will compete for the 1st and 2nd place. My preference would be Colorado(1st) against Blues(4th) and Vegas(2nd) vs Wild(3rd). Anyway I really do not want the Wild will meet Avalanche during the 1st playoffs round.

14 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I think Blues is still a dangerous team and agree will fight with us for the 3rd or 4th place in our division. Vegas and Colorado will compete for the 1st and 2nd place. My preference would be Colorado(1st) against Blues(4th) and Vegas(2nd) vs Wild(3rd). Anyway I really do not want the Wild will meet Avalanche during the 1st playoffs round.

If they happened to play a healthy Avs team in the first round they don’t stand a chance. With that said I hope they are in the playoffs when the regular season is done 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Even middle of the pack would be a huge boost.
Need Foligno back to get that line back together. Then the rest can get back to some solid lines again.

Hope, Foligno will be available before the beginning of the playoffs season. Foligno is a very important key for our team. And hope Dumba will be available too.

Interesting, I was expecting for Dewar debut tonight but he did not play. And Rau should go back to Iowa to get out of the rust. Our other prospect Mayhew extended his goal streak and is having 4 goals in his 3 games played in Iowa plus he has 1 assist too. I really liked him when he played 4 games in the big club this season. In my opinion, he should be tried in the line with Fiala, but not in the 4th line. 

16 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

If they happened to play a healthy Avs team in the first round they don’t stand a chance. With that said I hope they are in the playoffs when the regular season is done 

Totally agree.

19 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

You have a chance with a healthy Kahkonen, to at least make the series somewhat interesting. Cue Lloyd Christmas...I'm saying there's a chance the Wild could win that series. That is the one edge that the Wild have over the Avs, at this point. A hot goalie can mean a lot in a playoff series.

• Like 2

What an ugly game. Passes here and there, turnovers, lost one on one's, too many people on ice penalty at a critical time, Suter with a PP goal, guaranteeing a PP1 spot for him for the next 100 years. But they won. Thank heavens we got a practice match against the Ducks. We need to get better right now, though. Last three games makes me think we could end up being out of a playoffs spot. #97 needs that experience to know what he needs to develop.

• Like 1