Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Rumor has it Flyer fans are freaking the f--k out over this

:flyer:

I can only imagine...i'm only joking about the freaking out part...i am almost numb to it all...it has been weeks since i have finished a game...i am not expecting much after Braun, Grant and Thompson and then the cherry on top Gustafsson well just bring on another turd to add to the pile.

1 minute ago, tucson83 said:

um elliot is turning 36 probably isnt coming back, who is backing up hart next year?

Beats the hell outta me. Bring back Ilya Bryzgalov to back up Hart. What the hell...I think they're still paying him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Hopefully if you drive that far from SC NC to Philly you'll have calmed down and come to your senses.

FIFY

Too late my blood is on your hands...will you send me a Sanheim T-shirt to bury me in??

:beer:

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Beats the hell outta me. Bring back Ilya Bryzgalov to back up Hart. What the hell...I think they're still paying him.

Per Salary Cap.... they still have to pay him until 26-27 (smh). ....if I’m reading that right.....

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 2

Could it just be a move to see if there is interest in him?

A team shows interest then Fletcher recalls him and tries to make a trade. Not sure if a team can recall said player though.

Or a salary dump to prep for a big trade, maybe for a d-man and a goalie so Hart can be sent down to get playing time with a good team.

Edited by Fizz
added stuff

3 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Could it just be a move to see if there is interest in him?

Or just a move to bank cap space....that is banked daily and right now they are set to have around 6.3 mill to spend...on something....we'll just have to live in suspense of what is to take place next.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Or just a move to bank cap space....that is banked daily and right now they are set to have around 6.3 mill to spend...on something....we'll just have to live in suspense of what is to take place next.

Yup, IMO they won't miss him either way.

31 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

There is a rumor that the flyers are interested in Jonathan Bernier from Detroit 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

FIFY

Too late my blood is on your hands...will you send me a Sanheim T-shirt to bury me in??

:beer:

I would want better coverage...even when I'm dead.

• Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yep. I mentioned that earlier. I would be OK with it, but not thrilled.

I'm ok with it as long as they send Hart down for the rest of the year so he can play with a good team and get his confidence back. Play Elliot and Bernier the rest of the year we aren't making the playoffs either way. Save Hart send him down.

7 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Tony DeAngelo would look good on the 1st power play.  (insert ninja here)

Hey, he'd get more fight out of that unit, and his teammates in general, than the coaching staff has. Bazinga!

Edited by FD19372

19 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Capfriendly had $4.5m for his cap hit, but it's different at the deadline, right?  

Yeah I looked at that wrong on my phone.

Let hope someone claims him and this drama will be over.

And they will still suck on defense.

And then what?

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And then what?

Do you actually think any team will claim him though?

He is a defensive liability and his offensive numbers are not very impressive for the size of cap hit that comes with him.

I just don't see any team willing to take him on.

But hey, you guys think I'm nuts for thinking AV is a crappy coach so....... 😁

54 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Do you actually think any team will claim him though?

He is a defensive liability and his offensive numbers are not very impressive for the size of cap hit that comes with him.

I just don't see any team willing to take him on.

But hey, you guys think I'm nuts for thinking AV is a crappy coach so....... 😁

I'm not counting on it.

Unless some team like the Kings have money to burn wants to gamble and roll the dice he will be on the taxi squad or playing for them tomorrow.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And then what?

Ice cream for everyone!  Because daddy has $4.5M to blow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Part of me says this is cap clearing more than performance or signaling.  They could have waived Gus to send a signal.  Thank G-d he's off the books this year.

I agree with Occ that he probably clears waivers, but wonder if someone might pick him up as a form of expansion protection for other prospects? He's on contract next year.  This season is an audition. If they don't click, he is part of the Kraken pool.  Who knows?  

It's kinda of sad.  I was with my brother for the Black Friday game against Nashville--maybe 2017--and he scored the overtime winner.  I thought we had a special player on our hands.  Statistically, he's been in the top 4 of our D-men the last month.  That isn't saying much, but he was actually beginning to look like the Ghost of Old.  But, as his teammates said, it's a business, and what they are paying him as a third pairing may be too much.  

Florida makes sense given Ekblad's fracture which keeps him out for what appears to be the regular season.  If nothing else, Ghost can quarterback a power play.