Flyers Place Gostisbehere On Waivers

Digityman

My speculation - 

1) Clearing Cap Space for an agreed and pending trade for a defenceman

2) Hagg is ready to return from IR and with Morin playing well, and 8 defencemen, someone had to be moved

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

This one goes out to the highly knowledgable hockey folks arguing this guy was going to bring back a high-end prospect or be the centerpiece of a trade for Dubois.

Since you beat me to it, my post in this thread.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zzeke said:

My speculation - 

1) Clearing Cap Space for an agreed and pending trade for a defenceman

2) Hagg is ready to return from IR and with Morin playing well, and 8 defencemen, someone had to be moved

3) He's no good.

If it's not to clear cap room to sign a legit #2 or better defenceman, that this might be one of the stupidest moves I've seen in a long time.   Ghost had to fetch at least a draft pick, hell most of us thought at least a 2nd rounder or more.    To just waive him?  What the fack is going on.

• Like 3

This should generate an interesting discussion for a bit.  Now the real question ..... Does he clear waivers??  If not then it would be apparent to me that some over value the worth of certain players on this team......

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Digityman said:

If it's not to clear cap room to sign a legit #2 or better defenceman, that this might be one of the stupidest moves I've seen in a long time.   Ghost had to fetch at least a draft pick, hell most of us thought at least a 2nd rounder or more.    To just waive him?  What the fack is going on.

if fletch was getting a phone call on ghost for  a second round pick, im sure he would jump on it in 5 seconds, him playing like crap says it all.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 2

Just now, radoran said:

Carchidi (Philly Inquirer) thinks they may be opening cap space to make a "major deal."

IMHO, I don't think any "major" deal is going to save the season. Now if it a deal looking towards the future in a young legit prospect....maybe?  or a veteran d-man who can help this young defensive core grow??  maybe?

I believe other pieces have to fall first .......

• Like 1

Florida just lost Ekblad, they will take Ghost 

The arrogance of Flyers management thinking no one will claim him is the same thing they thought went Friedman went on waivers....

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Florida just lost Ekblad, they will take Ghost 

Christmas comes early for the Panthers ......... (if they do indeed pluck him off waivers)

Edited by pilldoc

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

IMHO, I don't think any "major" deal is going to save the season.

I don't see anything that makes this team an "immediate contender" but given that apparently losing Matt "faux Finn" Niskanen and Tyler "don't call me" Pitlick seems to have gutted the roster, I suppose anything's possible...

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Now if it a deal looking towards the future in a young legit prospect....maybe?

One might hope...

8 minutes ago, Samifan said:

The arrogance of Flyers management thinking no one will claim him is the same thing they thought went Friedman went on waivers....

Who was  the GM that signed Gotstobethere to that extension, anyway?

That guy have a job somewhere?

🤔

That said, the Pens don't have cap room and have five defencemen signed for $4+M next year already...

No one is going to claim him at that cap hit.  He'll make it through waivers, sadly.

I'm good if someone takes him.  We're not getting anything for him either way.  

I wonder, though, if this was in response to his, um, candor in the post-game presser the other night.

I'm fine. His existence clogs up the roster. I won't miss him 

• Like 2