Boldy signs

Jimtown guy

Boldy would not complain, if he would get a chance of playing with Kaprizov on his wing. He's played center, which I didn't know, but I guess he's going to put on wing at first at least. Here's an interview:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS84MDQ4NzgucnNz/episode/QnV6enNwcm91dC04MjY1ODc3?hl=en-FI

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew Boldy is really playing well for the Iowa Wild 
With his 2 assist effort he has a multi point game in 3 of his last 4 games (1+5) and 4 total. Through his first 7 games, which is a sample size, he is averaging 1.28 points per game and looks dominant on the PP. 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 3

It would be also nice if some of our promising players there in addition to Boldy like Dewar, Giroux, Addison, Mayhew will get a chance to play some minutes in the big club at least in 2 games against Anaheim Ducks team out of the remaining 9 games of the regular season. So far the club is out of major injuries (knock on the wood). Only Bjugstad is on an IR, but is getting close to play. Who knows what it will happened during the playoffs (for example, injuries; concussions like it happened previously with Staal; Suter and etc..), but we need some youngsters to be ready mentally and physically from the Iowa reserve to step up and to play big games in playoffs. Hopefully, also that Parise and Suter will raise at maximum their level of play during playoffs games, because, probably, it will be their last chance to win a Stanley Cup or at least to pass 2 playoffs rounds.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Are any chances to use Boldy in playoffs? It seems he progressed very well in Iowa and is having now 15 points( 6 goals;9 assists;+/- +3) in 12 played games.

My guess is not, if the current team stays healthy.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sad NEWS: #mnwild forward Matt Boldy is expected to miss four to six weeks due to a fractured left ankle suffered in Thursday’s preseason game vs. Chicago.

According to Russo: Guerin said prospect Matt Boldy was having one more image today on his ankle and then it'll be determined if he'll have surgery or rehab naturally. "It’s going to be up to him," Guerin said. "We can recommend both or one or the other, but he’s going to decide what to do.”

53 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

. "It’s going to be up to him," Guerin said. "We can recommend both or one or the other, but he’s going to decide what to do.”

Nicely put (if one compares that to how things are going between Eichel and the Sabres. It's his health, so the ultimate responsibility should be his not the team's). Maybe the ankle also explains why Boldy didn't have much of a pre-season.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 12:01 AM, lynxrattle said:

Nicely put (if one compares that to how things are going between Eichel and the Sabres. It's his health, so the ultimate responsibility should be his not the team's). Maybe the ankle also explains why Boldy didn't have much of a pre-season.

Not only Eichel and Sabres, but Tarasenko and Blues. Sad of that part we will miss him between 4 weeks (with surgery) and 6 weeks ( without the surgery) including rehab. He have got this trauma during the 5th preseason game on home ice against Chicago. I agree , he did not show much during, I think, 3 preseason games when he played in, but  still he is a smart valuable forward who just started to get a real professional NHL experience. I think his production will come soon if he will play more and more for the main club. I believe to his talent more than to Pitlick; Gaudreau; Rask; Duhaime talents so far.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm so curious to see what kind of chemistry Boldy would have with other players, and if he could play centre. Despite all my curiosity I would hate to see Boldy not playing with Fiala.

As Wild fans we are all in hockey heaven. What we see from the team is pure bliss. Let's enjoy it while it lasts 😎

• Like 3

On 2/3/2022 at 9:08 AM, lynxrattle said:

I'm so curious to see what kind of chemistry Boldy would have with other players, and if he could play centre. Despite all my curiosity I would hate to see Boldy not playing with Fiala.

As Wild fans we are all in hockey heaven. What we see from the team is pure bliss. Let's enjoy it while it lasts 😎

I still would like to see first of all chemistry between Fiala- Sturm (superbly speedy player) - Boldy.  Actually Boldy is already involved into the 1st PP line with Kaprizov and Zuccarello. Not bad at all his play in that line. Like I said before , so far, he is developing chemistry in his game like a professor but not an ordinary player in hockey. As more players like him we will have as more intriguing team it will be. 

10 points out of 10 first NHL games is the best result among all rookies in the Wild history. Sad, that we did not see him last season here at least in a few games. We would have a better results then and he would be more matured now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

10 points out of 10 first NHL games is the best result among all rookies in the Wild history. Sad, that we did not see him last season here at least in a few games. We would have a better results then and he would be more matured now. 

Maybe but I think the timing was right given how he's performed and took no time to adjust to the NHL game.

• 3 weeks later...

Most goals by a US player 20 or younger - First 16 career NHL games:

13- Pat Lafontaine (1984)

9- Clayton Keller (2016)

9- Brady Tkachuk (2018)

8- Matt Boldy (2022 via his tally for the @mnwild vs EDM tonight)

8- Dave Christian (1980)

8- Jeremy Roenick (1989)

8- Mike Modano ('89)

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just looked for a Boldy data. He has a very nice size as a player  6'2", 201 lbs., but it seems he needs to build more muscles for the playoffs season to make him more tougher. And maybe to have some physical training with Foligno during practice between games. His production recently kind of slowed down, but I am not worry a lot about that part. He is still too young (20 y.o.). And he will be 21 y.o. soon - on April 5th. Elite Prospects weblink wrote about him - "a finesse player with impressive creativity, a quick release and fine playmaking ability". I think an absolutely right description.