Jump to content

Game 41: Flyers vs. Sabres 04/11/2021 2:00 pm


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the same, mediocre, bubble playoff hockey team they were under Berube and Hakstol.   It's not the coaching.

Imagine being upset with G & V at this point?   Jake is what he is.  An over-achieving Pat Falloon.   G is not a captain.  I could see him getting somewhat rejuvenated if he joined a contender in a supporting role.  I would even root for him.  But his days on the Flyers should have ended the second Hextall got here.   I save my wrath for all the moron ex-Flyers still controlling the organization.

Posted Images

This game was a textbook on why the Flyers simply agent good enough.

 

Sabres missing Eichel, Hall, have traded Staal and Montour and they're playing harder with more desire than the Flyers who, let's be fair, did have a strong 20-25 minutes of hockey out there.

 

For a team with playoff pretensions to lose this game to this team - at home - is really inexcusable.

 

Add it to the list.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, radoran said:

did have a strong 20-25 minutes of hockey out there.

 

 

Noone has a strong 60 minutes....right........Jake?

 

:BrownBag:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Flyers, at home, out worked in the final 5 minutes of a “must win” game by basically an AHL team. SMH

 

If Fletcher hasn’t sent a group text to all the other GMs telling him his listening to offers for everybody not name Coots, Hart, Provorov or Farabee immediately after this game maybe Scott needs to fire him. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Flyers, at home, out worked in the final 5 minutes of a “must win” game by basically an AHL team. SMH

 

If Fletcher hasn’t sent a group text to all the other GMs telling him his listening to offers for everybody not name Coots, Hart, Provorov or Farabee immediately after this game maybe Scott needs to fire him. 
 

I like Farabee a lot, but if you can get a stud d man in a package with him, later Joel.

Edited by FD19372
  • Annoyed 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we fire AV yet??  Let's move on from this train wreck.  Time to think for next year.

Its quite apparent AV has list the players respect, interest and focus.  

This is a talented team playing much below capabilities

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I like Farabee a lot, but if you can get a stud d man in a package with him, later Joel.


I hear ya FD but Farabee seems to have an offensive skill set you can build around. He’s not afraid to shoot either. 
 

I think the D is going to get fixed this off season after the expansion draft. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I like Farabee a lot, but if you can get a stud d man in a package with him, later Joel.

 

Who in their right mind trades "stud" dmen?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steve101 said:

Can we fire AV yet??  Let's move on from this train wreck.  Time to think for next year.

Its quite apparent AV has list the players respect, interest and focus.  

This is a talented team playing much below capabilities

Welcome aboard!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

Who in their right mind trades "stud" dmen?

OK I misspoke. A very good, veteran one or ones. How's that? Then again, you never know. Get their GMs drunk.:ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with @Samifan.... very hesitant about moving Farabee. He is at least willing to shoot and is showing some flashes of being an extremely good player. I get @FD19372 point we need a very good d-man but not at the cost of Farabee.......

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pilldoc said:

Agree with @Samifan.... very hesitant about moving Farabee. He is at least willing to shoot and is showing some flashes of being an extremely good player. I get @FD19372 point we need a very good d-man but not at the cost of Farabee.......

Well, we're surely not going to get one for Nolan Patrick. I'm not calling you Shirley.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Well, we're surely not going to get one for Nolan Patrick

 

agree ...but who do we have in the pipeline that can score goals?(assuming G and Jake are gone)  TK and who?  Everyone else is unproven.  JVR is too streaky.  I get your POV I really do, I'm just hesitant about moving Farabee ........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

who do we have in the pipeline that can score goals?(assuming G and Jake are gone

 

Not sure Jake and G are your slam dunk go-to "goal scorers."

 

:toast:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

This is the same, mediocre, bubble playoff hockey team they were under Berube and Hakstol.

 

It's not the coaching.

not even joel q can save this team, that's why he choose the panthers, he's smart enough to know what talent is on that team and this team, im shocked av haters dont even want to see that, not even the fact they dont done nothing for over 10 years and think it will magically change. that's the definition of desperation and not facing reality.

 

i saw this coming a mile away i would have been shocked if the leadership played like the sid the kid, that was the only way this team is going to make it that far, them not showing up means not making the playoffs.

Edited by tucson83
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

av haters

 

I couldn't stand Berube. Pretty much thought he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

 

He's a Cup winning coach.

 

I hated Hakstol at the end. Thoufht he should have been fired after season 3.

 

Essentially, I've seen this whole "change the coach" movie before.

 

It's not the coach. It's the players.

 

Changing the coach AGAIN and expecting this to be a "talented" Cup contender is putting good money after bad.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

Not sure Jake and G are your slam dunk go-to "goal scorers."

 

:toast:

 

playing devils advocate...but yes I agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

I couldn't stand Berube. Pretty much thought he couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

 

He's a Cup winning coach.

 

I hated Hakstol at the end. Thoufht he should have been fired after season 3.

 

Essentially, I've seen this whole "change the coach" movie before.

 

It's not the coach. It's the players.

 

Changing the coach AGAIN and expecting this to be a "talented" Cup contender is putting good money after bad.

Berube didn't coach hard enough here. :ph34r: St. Louis won that Cup in spite of him. Hakstol was in over his head. If they can AV, and don't trade at least part of core of the team...I'm done with this franchise for years, not just this year. I've had enough. It's not on the head coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, radoran said:

 

Not sure Jake and G are your slam dunk go-to "goal scorers."

 

:toast:

Sure they are...once every 15 games. 🍻

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how long Brind’Amour is under contract in Carolina? He has a track record of working well when the young kids and vets. Plus he’s a former flyer do it checks that box for Holmgren as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Sure they are...once every 15 games. 🍻

i know like how is any team supposed to win when your vets dont show up and the rookies do like that's not good formula for success, that's saying the vets are bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

 

i know like how is any team supposed to win when your vets dont show up and the rookies do like that's not good formula for success, that's saying the vets are bad.

 

It's getting embarrasing watching these guys climb the ladder of organization* records.

 

I can see into the future when we are telling a new generation of Flyers fans the story of how they won a playoff round that one time...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...