Playoff Preview, Game #5: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Monday 5-24-21, 9:30pm, T-Mobile Arena

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1210849

Series at 3-1 Vegas Golden Knights

#3 Minnesota Wild

1.00 Goals For Per Game (16th in the NHL)

3.00 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

0% Power Play (15th in the NHL)

90.9% Penalty Kill (3rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 2G 0A = 2pts

2. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 1G 1A = 2pts

3. #25 Jonas Brodin ~ 0G 2A = 2pts

4. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 0G 2A = 2pts

5. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 0G 2A = 2pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #24 Matt Dumba ~ 8 PIM’s

2. #28 Ian Cole ~ 4 PIM’s

3. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 4 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (1-3)  2.52GAA  .921%SP  1SO

Vs.

#2 Vegas Golden Knights

3.00 Goals For Per Game (8th in the NHL)

1.00 Goals Against Per Game (1st in the NHL)

9.1% Power Play (14th in the NHL)

100% Penalty Kill (1st in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #61 Mark Stone ~ 3G 1A = 4pts

2. #89 Alex Tuch ~ 3G 0A = 3pts

3. #19 Reilly Smith ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

4. #71 William Karlsson ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

5. #20 Chandler Stephenson ~ 0G 3A = 3pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #81 Jonathan Marchessault ~ 4 PIM’s

2. #7 Alex Pietrangelo ~ 4 PIM's

3. #2 Alex Whitecloud ~ 4 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (3-1)  .99GAA  .966%  1SO

• Like 2

Ugh - 9:30pm start...  Cancel those meetings tomorrow morning...  🙃

And Derek - not so sure I agree on the "refs are out to get us" point - I think it's just been bad luck regarding Ek's goals being disallowed, etc (I didn't think last one was interference - I thought he had a skate in the crease)... Regarding the penalties overall - Vegas in Game #4 - gets a penalty in the first couple minutes - Dumba comes up and punches him in the face right in front of the ref after the ref raised his arm - only Vegas went to the box. Or, one of the last games of the regular season - Vegas' #1 scorer, Max, got taken out by a MN player - and hasn't returned since...  I don't think there was a penalty on the play - which made me say to a buddy, "that right there is why Ryan Reeves needs to get healthy."  And even tonight Max is still out...

Playoffs gets much more scrappy - and refs obviously are more inclined to let the guys play...  So, I'm not seeing MN march to the box due to horrible calls in this series - you may not like it - but the scrappiness ramps up - and will no doubt again tonight...

Edited by Confrontational

I hope the team isn't feeling like I do. Disappointment about lack of competitiveness, hopelessness about getting better, and disinterest while they're playing. Watching Tuch, Haula, Granlund and Kunin enjoying their playoffs games with game winning goals and assists doesn't make it better. But yeah, whatever, even if they lose, they should make it as hard for the Goldies as they possibly can. Let's hope for a tough game for VGK. 

• Like 1

I still think it was a good goal in game #4. Talbot was pushing Foligno and it was no interference for him. 

According to Russo, no Boldy tonight, but possibly we will see Addison. Entire Minnesota fans asking through the radio calls, twits, zone forums to see Boldy in our playoffs games, but it seems Evason said no. Or maybe he will change his mind?

2 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Ugh - 9:30pm start...  Cancel those meetings tomorrow morning...  🙃

And Derek - not so sure I agree on the "refs are out to get us" point -

Actually that was me who wrote the preview. I was using his computer to write the preview. It’s easier to set up the GDT using a computer rather than my phone. So since the forums on his computer are signed into his credentials, it gets posted as him. 

Also, I’ll agree to disagree about the refs. 

I'll keep a closer eye out tonight - but little has jumped out at me so far. I recall many years ago when we'd meet the Avs in post season year after year and remember they'd all but rape our guys and get nothing. Was incredibly frustrating - but that's not what I've seen so far...  

Ps - and Ek - that guy has sure come alive...  Guy is in beast mode most shifts - fun to watch him...

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I hope the team isn't feeling like I do. Disappointment about lack of competitiveness, hopelessness about getting better, and disinterest while they're playing. Watching Tuch, Haula, Granlund and Kunin enjoying their playoffs games with game winning goals and assists doesn't make it better.

Flipped over the other day and saw Nino make an awesome goal...  Hadn't thought of him in a long time...  Same with Zucker...  First thought was "what the hell is Yeo doing now days."  

Anyways, good luck tonight guys - not looking forward to such a late game, but...  My gut tells me MN - but then can they win 3 straight - who knows...  Just not looking forward to watching the Avs go bonkers on either team - hopefully them sitting and waiting a while messes them up...

27 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

Flipped over the other day and saw Nino make an awesome goal...  Hadn't thought of him in a long time...  Same with Zucker...  First thought was "what the hell is Yeo doing now days."  

Anyways, good luck tonight guys - not looking forward to such a late game, but...  My gut tells me MN - but then can they win 3 straight - who knows...  Just not looking forward to watching the Avs go bonkers on either team - hopefully them sitting and waiting a while messes them up...

Yeo is assistant coaching Flyers' defense - that's why they don't clear the slot anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I still think it was a good goal in game #4. Talbot was pushing Foligno and it was no interference for him. 

According to Russo, no Boldy tonight, but possibly we will see Addison. Entire Minnesota fans asking through the radio calls, twits, zone forums to see Boldy in our playoffs games, but it seems Evason said no. Or maybe he will change his mind?

Sorry , my mistake, not Talbot but Fleury was pushing Foligno.

I am agreeing on the ref thing. 
a lot of really petty calls against the wild and no calls on obvious vegas penalties. 
I think it’s time to really take an honest look at team play and cut bait on players that aren’t making it. Give some youth a look, and please stop being afraid to take the man. 
when will this team learn that pucks don’t score by themselves. Take the player not the puck. 

• Like 3

Russo on Bumper to Bumper with Barierro that lines will look like this: 

Greenway EEk Foligno

Kaprisov Rask Zuccarello

Parise Hartman Fiala

Sturm Bonino Bjugstad

Suter Spurgeon

Cole Addison

Talbot

Soucy has upper body injury

Knowing the Av's are finished with the Blues, VGK will want to get this over now and not play anymore games than needed..
If Avs-Blues were 2-2, We might catch VGK being a bit relaxed and cocky, But not now.
Will be tough to keep them quiet.

• Like 1