OccamsRazor

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok.

Kevin Hayes 

Rasmus Ristolainen

for 

James Oleksiak

2023 4th

I would gladly take Oleksiak and all the money and draft picks and players we've wasted on Hayes and Ristolainen in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the front office has their eyes on some college kids who can just be offered a contract and signed for free.

One i think they could have a chance on is Ben Myers...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/300838/ben-meyers

He is a Captain and center who is from Minnesota and played at Minnesota so that is 4 boxes checked.

Need all the guys they can round up - he is NHL ready sign this kid.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/358393/jake-livingstone

Another right hand D man available to 6-3 191 played at Minnesota to Mankato.

Another former Captain of BC is there to be signed.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/911/boston-college/2021-2022?tab=stats

Flyers need all the guys they can find to help get this thing turned around.

If your "worst pick" was a 2nd round 50th overall you just might have done a good job.

Four years later, Addison has 14 NHL games. Durzi has 37. Yeah, the Flyers' woes would SO MUCH BETTER if they had ONLY picked one of them.

Talk about reaching for a "reason" to blame Hextall...

#flyerstwitter

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It really wasn't that bad really when look back at who they missed out on. Maybe Durzi.

I just thought it was bad because Ginning never looked like he was that good and was already near his ceiling. Not because of who he missed on.

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I just thought it was bad because Ginning never looked like he was that good and was already near his ceiling. Not because of who he missed on.

Yes with hindsight maybe it would have been better off trading that pick instead...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

At least some other picks are shining...

And let's not forget Stominator!!!

Ratcliffe starting to blossom?  Coming off those injures in the past, saw some time in the NHL and now he looks hungry.   I've liked this kid from the beginning and knew it was going to be one of those you have to wait 4-5 even 6 years for but he looks like he's starting to realize his potential.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Digityman said:

Ratcliffe starting to blossom?  Coming off those injures in the past, saw some time in the NHL and now he looks hungry.   I've liked this kid from the beginning and knew it was going to be one of those you have to wait 4-5 even 6 years for but he looks like he's starting to realize his potential.  

He was always a long term project. Hopefully he's starting to pan out.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

That's unpossible. Everyone knows Hextall was a terrible drafter.

#itisknown

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Time to get this kid signed....

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/03/08/bobby-brink-flyers-prospect/

Bobby Brink is having a fantastic junior season for Denver this year, placing himself comfortably into the Hobey Baker Award conversation. Brink finished the 2021-2022 regular season 1st in the NCAA with 14G-39A-53P in 34 games. 7 points ahead of the runner-up, Nathan Smith, who had 17G-29A-46 points. 

See I am trying to pry Savoie from the Oilers too...

Go trade for Savoie too why you're at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Time to get this kid signed....

https://thelibertyline.com/2022/03/08/bobby-brink-flyers-prospect/

Bobby Brink is having a fantastic junior season for Denver this year, placing himself comfortably into the Hobey Baker Award conversation. Brink finished the 2021-2022 regular season 1st in the NCAA with 14G-39A-53P in 34 games. 7 points ahead of the runner-up, Nathan Smith, who had 17G-29A-46 points. 

See I am trying to pry Savoie from the Oilers too...

Go trade for Savoie too why you're at it.

I read somewhere yesterday that Brink was signing as soon as his season ends. But it might have been on Putins twitter feed for all I know.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I read somewhere yesterday that Brink was signing as soon as his season ends. But it might have been on Putins twitter feed for all I know.

Yes Phantoms should get a nice influx of talent for next fall.

Brink

Attard

Cates

St. Ivany 

O'Brien

Brodzinski?

Hain?

Are all college prospects who should be signed to join the CHL guys like

Desnoyers

Wisdom

McClennnon?

That is a possible addition of two right hand D men both 6-3 with good mobility as well as 8 possible forwards.

Man Lappy is getting some good kids to coach up he needs to get them back to the playoffs next season or it is time to find another AHL coach too.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

How will he help the Flyers next year now?

How will letting a 1st round pick play through a playoff run on a good team as opposed to playing on one of the worst teams in the league help the Flyers next year? It won't...but it should help Foerster get back to at least where he was before he got injured. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Flyers org. does something right...Tyson Foerster sent back to Barrie Colts. Be better for him to go through a playoff run than whatever the hell is going on in LV.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/03/ryan-fitzgerald-placed-on-waivers-tyson-foerster-loaned-to-ohl.html

Yeah certainly nothing much to learn from Lappy's last place in the East Phantoms.

In fact after the deadline i would like to see some kids up instead grinding to the end in the AHL.

Let them plug as many holes as Chuck can create trading dead weight.

The college kids will be signing soon they may choose to let some play to burn a year in good faith.

Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs and Tampa Bay prospect Magnus Chrona ended Bobby Brink's college career tonight 2-0.

Ronnie Attard and the Western Michigan ended North Dakota's Flyer prospect Gavin Hain's career 4-2.

Attard headed to the finals to faceoff with the Bulldogs. At least some good hockey is being played within the organization somewhere.

16 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

How will letting a 1st round pick play through a playoff run on a good team as opposed to playing on one of the worst teams in the league help the Flyers next year? It won't...but it should help Foerster get back to at least where he was before he got injured. 

You should know by now I'm being sarcastic.  The correct answer is nothing will help the Flyers next year.

• Like 1