Kirill Kaprizov signs 5-Year, $45 Million Deal

CreaseAndAssist

^^ My bet is he, and many others, are glad that MN finally has an exciting player that's hopefully capable of changing everything about the team up - for the better...  It's not like all the others - where they're established and then go to MN to be mediocre - so Krill is a bit different in that aspect - more of an unknown - with upside - and hopefully not a lot of downside. My guess is he's playing hurt - I've watched a few games and he seems a little more hesitant than last season - so thought he's probably favoring something...  

I'm not on the Krill fan bus - nor on the Jack bus in Vegas - I think both of these guys created a bit of toxicity with the fans in their commitment to their teams that have some people skeptical - and rightfully so...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

13 hours ago, TonyOday said:

$9 mil baby actually showed up! I am a little amazed, he looked engaged and actually trying. 

I am amazed too. Probably, last game against Dallas was his best this season so far when he showed his talent in full. Actually, he is always trying. Sometimes with less success and sometimes with his best success. 

I have heard recently that Kaprizov is going to play on a 2nd line together with Ovechkin and Radulov during Olympics in January. Radulov will be a center for this line. If Kaprizov will be playing with them, then he will get a superb opportunity to receive a unique experience from both talented players. 1st line is still under question . Suppose to be Kucherov-Panarin-Malkin, but 2 of them are injured. Provorov is 1st  candidate in the blue line. And Vasilevsky is 1st in the net.

29 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I have heard recently that Kaprizov is going to play on a 2nd line together with Ovechkin and Radulov during Olympics in January. Radulov will be a center for this line.

If The Olympic Committee with the Bunch of Russians doesn't play OV with Kuznetsov they're nuts.

OV-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov would be a helluva line, but there's only one puck to shoot 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

If The Olympic Committee with the Bunch of Russians doesn't play OV with Kuznetsov they're nuts.

OV-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov would be a helluva line, but there's only one puck to shoot 😃

I agree. OV and Kuznetsov already created a solid chemistry by playing together. Kaprizov would be a nice piece to that line. Unfortunately, Kuznetsov is still questionable for the Olympics. I know that they want to make their team with most Russian NHL players just to match with a level of Canadian and American teams. I have heard that Andrei Svechnikov will be included, as well as Gurianov, Tarasenko, Orlov, Kulikov and Nichushkin.

12 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Whoever he plays with will be a very good center. That would be very informational - to see what happens when he plays with a center of his own class. I still hope the NHL won't participate.

I still hope NHL will participate at Olympics. Level of hockey should be the highest at these world competition, same as NBA is always participate at summer Olympics. Olympic games happen once in 4 years. Life is too short to see an average hockey every 4 years. The best hockey players must be playing there. IMO. 🙂

On 11/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, TonyOday said:

Damn KK is playing great, maybe he was dinged up and got better. 

"Great" depends on the perspective. 

Milan "Stone Hands" Lucic has as many goals as Kaprizov.

He has to start scoring, too. Unlikely Foligno and Hartman can continue to score at this pace.

Seems like he felt pretty lackadaisical about offseason training which could've caused a slow start to the season.

Kaprizov has now 30 points in 25 games. If he will keep to continue this run he could be our 1st producer in the Wild history, by having 90 + points by the end of the season. So far the maximum points(83) had with the Wild team Marian Gaborik in 2007-08 season.

15 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Not quite as much Ovie, Crosby and Malkin, but very close.

Sounds impressive. Just 7 points less than McDavid and Malkin in his first 80 NHL games. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Alexandron

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Sounds impressive. Just 7 points less than McDavid and Malkin in his first 80 NHL games. Thanks for the info.

This is 0% crapping on Kaprizov, but man... McDavid was a teenager when he did that. A more direct comparison would be to match it up to McDavid at 23, when he scored 97 points in 64 games.

Edited by JR Ewing

I forgot to comment on the Wild/Oilers game, btw, so random thoughts:

-Does Foligno lose puck battles? I'm always impressed by him.

-Talbot was very good, but

-I don't care what the shot clock showed: the Wild gave up almost NOTHING from the dangerous areas of the ice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

This is 0% crapping on Kaprizov, but man... McDavid was a teenager when he did that. A more direct comparison would be to match it up to McDavid at 23, when he scored 97 points in 64 games.

That was McDavid's 5th year in NHL at 23(with lots of NHL experience) when he scored 97 points in 64 games. And Kaprizov is in his 2nd NHL year and is already the 5th player who have got the highest level of points among all NHL active players in their 1st 80 games.

40 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

That was McDavid's 5th year in NHL at 23(with lots of NHL experience) when he scored 97 points in 64 games. And Kaprizov is in his 2nd NHL year and is already the 5th player who have got the highest level of points among all NHL active players in their 1st 80 games.

I'm going to bow out, because I don't want to be seen as minimizing Kaprizov's accomplishments, but if you really don't consider it problematic to compare the production of a player with 6 years of pro experience in the 2nd-best league in the world to the production of a rookie who just finished playing against boys, then I just don't know what to say.

Either way, congrats to Kaprizov on his success. He's going to have a hell of a career.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1