"WORST TEAM? IN NHL?" rips Montreal 5-1

Buffalo Rick

The Sabres did not just beat Montreal 5-1 without Jack Eichel, but they outplayed the big bad Montreal Canadians.  I believe the real worst team may be in Buffalo Saturday night?  The Coyotes.  We shall see.  But they got a real beat down last night. The Sabres hit at least 3 posts, were stopped in a breakaway so it was not like the kid let them in from the red line.  Oh, is there still a red line?  Its a real head scratcher how disciplined the Sabres played with some real mystery names in the lineup.  But this coach is better than Krueger and that is evident from last year.  Lesson?  Don't hire soccer coach to coach your hockey team.  Or was it rugby?  I have no clue.  Someone will chime in.  Skinner had two assists and it appears he is all in.  That is good for us.  Maybe the success of the Bills has inspired them?  I believe it is a real mental part of this.  I know its only one game and Price was not there to rob us blind. No doubt with Price we win this game 2-1 or 3-1 on an open net.  But we still would have won THIS GAME.  I hope that they continue to play like this. Even though they lost their big hitter Risto.  What a shame he will miss game 1 for Philly?  No clue why?  Likely Covid?  Sabres off to a good and shocking start as two YouTubers that picked Montreal as an easy win will eat crow today

Ok, I'll chime in.

You're not still going on about Ralph Kreuger being a soccer coach, are you? Krueger's *hockey* playing career:

image.png

After his retirement as a player, he  became the head coach of Switzerland's national team, coaching them to their best finishes at the World Championships.

image.png

And yes, from 2014 to 2019, he worked as Chairman for Southampton in the British Premier League. But my God... He's clearly a hockey man from a hockey background, who spent 5 years working on the business side of things for a soccer club.

Just stop it. The Sabres, for years, have had a bad team, and you can't blame the lack of success on a "soccer coach".

• Like 2

I'll chime in too.

He was coach of the swiss team for almost 15 years with tremendous success, taking a dead team navigating between the Group A and B of the World Champs and playing against China, Netherlands and such squads with a high tradition of hockey, to the legitimate first team coming right after the world top-6. With him behind the bence, we beat Russia a couple of times, Canada too with the highlight in the 2006 Olympics where the Swiss blanked Canada 2-0, the Canada of Brodeur, St-Louis, Thornton, Nash, Iginla, etc...

However, he wasn't popular at all because of his old-fashioned defensive approach that made games rather boring. But when you coach a team that has way less talent than your opponent but elite goaltending, you have to go that route if you want to create some surprises. He's not a bad coach but the problem is that he's sticking with the Lemaire trap 1990s hockey style and that's not suitable anymore in today's hockey.

• Like 3

HJ, please don’t thump your chest after 1 game. The Sabres will end up right where everyone expects them to be when it’s all said and done because remember at the end of the day:

Buffalo is gonna Buffalo :smallTM:

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Ok, I'll chime in.

You're not still going on about Ralph Kreuger being a soccer coach, are you? Krueger's *hockey* playing career:

image.png

After his retirement as a player, he  became the head coach of Switzerland's national team, coaching them to their best finishes at the World Championships.

image.png

And yes, from 2014 to 2019, he worked as Chairman for Southampton in the British Premier League. But my God... He's clearly a hockey man from a hockey background, who spent 5 years working on the business side of things for a soccer club.

Just stop it. The Sabres, for years, have had a bad team, and you can't blame the lack of success on a "soccer coach".

Now he’s a soccer mom!😀

And Sanifan, don’t forget we put up a 6 spot twice last year on your sorry bunch so you better worth about your team and Ristolainen!? Lol.  Buffalo won’t be as bad as you predict!  They did play well last night, can’t deny it.  

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

I can’t deny they beat another bad team.

So let me tell you this.  We are going to get Powers after Michigan season ends.  Either this year or next.  We either get a healthy Jack Eichel back or a Kings Ransom.  Eat that.  Just sit there and wish your team sat in our shoes.  We are set up better for the future.  BIG TIME.    Fella

• Uggh... 1

Congrats on the first win of the season for your boys, @Hockey Junkie.

No one can dispute the Sabres put on much more of a showing than the Montreal Canadiens in last night's game, but at the same time, it IS only one game and an 82 game season is a tough proving ground for ANY team (champions included) to claim they know what they have 1, 5, 10, hell, maybe even 20 games in.
Anything over 20 games played, I think it would be more reasonable to be able to say what everyone's team is more or less, if not spot on.

I don't think one win against a Montreal team that is, quite frankly, expected by many to be near the bottom of the Atlantic with the Titanic, is any sort of indicator of what the Sabres have, but, the guys on Buffalo looking to make a name for themselves can certainly be proud of their accomplishment, and if it pushes them to be more than the sum of their parts, then good for them and the Buffalo faithful as well.

When all is said n done, I believe there will be two distinct halves to the Atlantic division.... TB, Bos, Fla, Tor should sit firmly in the top half.... Ott, Det, Mon, Buf in the bottom half.
If your boys have any sort of chip on their shoulders and put in the effort each and every night, maybe they can be flipped with Ottawa or Detroit, but make no mistake... the top four teams should project to be playoff bound, or at least serious contenders.

And while the Sabres scored a fine win, they are still a LONG ways from being where they want to be.

33 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So now we are going to call Montreal a bad team after they went to the finals?  Seriously/  What does that make your team?  Garbage?

With their #1 D and #1 G out they aren't even remotely the same team.

This isn't last year.

Be please with how the Sabres played in one game.

Realize there are 81 more to play...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

32 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Congrats on the first win of the season for your boys, @Hockey Junkie.

No one can dispute the Sabres put on much more of a showing than the Montreal Canadiens in last night's game, but at the same time, it IS only one game and an 82 game season is a tough proving ground for ANY team (champions included) to claim they know what they have 1, 5, 10, hell, maybe even 20 games in.
Anything over 20 games played, I think it would be more reasonable to be able to say what everyone's team is more or less, if not spot on.

I don't think one win against a Montreal team that is, quite frankly, expected by many to be near the bottom of the Atlantic with the Titanic, is any sort of indicator of what the Sabres have, but, the guys on Buffalo looking to make a name for themselves can certainly be proud of their accomplishment, and if it pushes them to be more than the sum of their parts, then good for them and the Buffalo faithful as well.

When all is said n done, I believe there will be two distinct halves to the Atlantic division.... TB, Bos, Fla, Tor should sit firmly in the top half.... Ott, Det, Mon, Buf in the bottom half.
If your boys have any sort of chip on their shoulders and put in the effort each and every night, maybe they can be flipped with Ottawa or Detroit, but make no mistake... the top four teams should project to be playoff bound, or at least serious contenders.

And while the Sabres scored a fine win, they are still a LONG ways from being where they want to be.

Can’t 5 come out of a division?  I thought it was top 8 in points in conference?

30 minutes ago, radoran said:

With their #1 D and #1 G out they aren't even remotely the same team.

This isn't last year.

Be please with how the Sabres played in one game.

Realize there are 81 more to play...

Oh I do.  And we need Powers and either Eichel or whatever return we get for him,  Adams is not just settling for draft pics

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Can’t 5 come out of a division?  I thought it was top 8 in points in conference?

5 teams can absolutely come out of a division.
But for that to happen, one division would have to be incredibly stacked, the other, incredibly weak.

I don't think that is the case with regards to the Atlantic and Metro divisions.
This season could be a textbook case of 4 coming out of each, as was likely the intention of the format when it was put together.

And I stand by my team placements (give or take a spot).

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So now we are going to call Montreal a bad team after they went to the finals?  Seriously/  What does that make your team?  Garbage?

No Weber, No Price=weaker team than last year. Plus I believe Montreal was playing back to back games with travel. I’m sure the 8,000 people at Key Bank enjoyed the game but should not get delusional.

and to answer your question it makes my team not the Buffalo Sabres

xxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxx

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So let me tell you this.  We are going to get Powers after Michigan season ends.  Either this year or next.  We either get a healthy Jack Eichel back or a Kings Ransom.  Eat that.  Just sit there and wish your team sat in our shoes.  We are set up better for the future.  BIG TIME.    Fella

You've been saying the Sabres are better set up for the future for about a decade now. When IS the future?

A kings ransom for a spoiled brat who's damaged goods and wants out? Good luck with that. Unless of course Buffalo trades with Chuckie Fletcher...then all bets are off. Especially if you remind him Eichel played IN Minnesota (who cares if it was against the Wild)...he'll probably toss in a 1st and a 3rd just for that.

Anyway, nice win in game 1 of 82.

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

No Weber, No Price=weaker team than last year. Plus I believe Montreal was playing back to back games with travel. I’m sure the 8,000 people at Key Bank enjoyed the game but should not get delusional.

and to answer your question it makes my team not the Buffalo Sabres

xxxx xx xxx xxxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxxxx xxx

Canucks on them like a cheap suit

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

You've been saying the Sabres are better set up for the future for about a decade now. When IS the future?

A kings ransom for a spoiled brat who's damaged goods and wants out? Good luck with that. Unless of course Buffalo trades with Chuckie Fletcher...then all bets are off. Especially if you remind him Eichel played IN Minnesota (who cares if it was against the Wild)...he'll probably toss in a 1st and a 3rd just for that.

Anyway, nice win in game 1 of 82.

You know that Eichel whether he has the surgery and stays or is traded is going to make them better along with Powers

5 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

5 teams can absolutely come out of a division.
But for that to happen, one division would have to be incredibly stacked, the other, incredibly weak.

I don't think that is the case with regards to the Atlantic and Metro divisions.
This season could be a textbook case of 4 coming out of each, as was likely the intention of the format when it was put together.

And I stand by my team placements (give or take a spot).

Or not.  The metro may send 3