Poll= Joel Quennevilles' fate

yave1964

What should/will be Quennevilles fate  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to Quenneville as a result of this?

• Nothing. He said/He said, innocent until proven guilty
    • Nothing- guilty as all hell but great coaches and players face zero consequences for actions
    • Banned for a year
    • fined but no suspension
    • banned, his career in the NHL ends now
  2. 2. Will Quenneville be in the hall of fame

• On mount rushmore of coaches, glides in easily with this merely a blip whcih will fade from memory
    • Not a chance in Hell. Ask Barry Bonds
    • Maybe someday but certainly not anywhere near the first ballot

18 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I understand that reaction I just disagree with the premise that the question disqualifies me from “getting it.” Your point is a good one, it’s impossible to know what you’d do until you’re in the same situation. But I still believe the answers are important pieces of the story. As you say we’re not all the same so in “s/he said” stories like these I think we never get the full and true account.

I’m an easy mark right now but don’t cast me as Aldrich’s defense attorney bc I’m not. All I’m saying is there’s probably more to the story, full stop.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I don't think, at least at this point, there's much else up for debate as to what happened in that room. We can say "allegedly happened" since no one has been convicted, but the Blackhawks management knew and believed enough of the story to issue an ultimatum to Aldrich shortly AFTER the Cup finals. Which is the bigger point now: who knew, when did they know, and why didn't they do anything about it until after the season? This includes players, coaches, management, and probably Bettman, too.

"The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup on June 9, and Aldrich was there to join in the celebration. On June 14, according the investigation, McDonough reported the information to the Blackhawks director of human resources, and Aldrich was given the option to undergo an investigation into the allegations by Beach or resign. He chose to resign."

https://www.nhl.com/news/kyle-beach-reveals-himself-as-accuser-in-blackhawks-investigation/c-327302872

• Like 2

Just now, ruxpin said:

Any more "specifics" about what went on in the room is voyeurism, not edification.  There's really not much more to know about "in the room." 

The only room left to know about was the one with all the ass holes in it who swept it under the carpet because 1) the Stanley Cup and 2) "the VICTIM obviously didn't fight hard enough because we certainly would have because despite never being in the situation we know exactly what we wouldn't have.  Next time maybe the victim will know to fight back so this isn't so easy."

Those victim blaming here and "why didn't he/I would have" are exactly no better than those in that room.

And yes, that's an accusation, just so we're clear.

This. This right here.  Drop mic. Full stop.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mkscrewy said:Which is the bigger point now: who knew, when did they know, and why didn't they do anything about it until after the season? This includes players, coaches, management, and probably Bettman, too. 

Guess we can put Donald Fehr on this list too. 

• Like 2

I guess nice of Sopel to speak i call bullsh it....my biggest problem with the whole statement and i quote....

"the Wirtz family had no knowledge of this situation and that the senior management acted in what they thought was in the best interest of the Chicago Blackhawks organization, which we now know was entirely wrong."

All of them are grown ass men and they just now know it's wrong to force another man to let him blow you in order to receive a promotion or an reward within the company.

I know i am naïve and all but before they go off and do this to a woman somewhere shouldn't some tell them this just doesn't apply to men that they can't do this too women either???

I mean i'm just saying because 63 year old Q didn't know till now so save him the embarrassment later if he tries this??

I think every involoved in this needs to STFU because it seems like they dig deeper and deeper into the hole...

17 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I don't think, at least at this point, there's much else up for debate as to what happened in that room.

Thank you MK for your thoughtful reply, for not going into high dudgeon mode on me. I really respect you for that, I know it would've been a lot easier - and more satisfying - to jump on the bandwagon.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

senior management acted in what they thought was in the best interest of the Chicago Blackhawks organization, which we now know was entirely wrong."

If turning a blind eye and ignoring it wasn’t bad enough, senior management also made the choice to submit Aldrich’s name with the list of people from the organization to get their name on the SC! 
They knew he sexually abused two black aces and still thought it ok for this guy to have his name on the cup, are you ****** kidding me?

• Annoyed 1

47 minutes ago, Samifan said:

If turning a blind eye and ignoring it wasn’t bad enough, senior management also made the choice to submit Aldrich’s name with the list of people from the organization to get their name on the SC! 
They knew he sexually abused two black aces and still thought it ok for this guy to have his name on the cup, are you ****** kidding me?

I don't think that's worse than letting him walk and go on to abuse others in other organizations, including a minor for which he was ultimately convicted.

They should have done their due diligence, investigated thoroughly his every action, including his past (he didn't just decide to become a sexual predator overnight now did he?), sent him packing (without a reference!) and gone to the authorities with the allegations. Instead, he went on to rape a 16 year old as *a direct result* of their inaction. That's unconscionable.

Edited by Podein25
  • Annoyed 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

he didn't just decide to become a sexual predator overnight now did he?

I think I saw on CSI or Law & Order or something that they usually start with small animals like squirrels or something. 

#AmIRight?

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

No they didn't...remember back in 2010 it was cool to sexual assault someone only in 2021 is it a no no.

It's not their fault when they were coming up if you see someone you like and want to exploit have at it, was different time in the 60's and 70s - I swear this is what they come across as to thinking I guess I wish I was joking.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Edited by OccamsRazor
FIRE ALL OF THEM INTO THE SUN!!!!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

don't think that's worse than letting him walk and go on to abuse others in other organizations, including a minor for which he was ultimately convicted.

Agreed @Podein25. The Blackhawks management made poor decision after poor decision after poor decision in dealing with Aldrich. Not addressing it immediately, giving him an excellent job reference so he could get a job praying on younger kids. All of it is horrible, criminal and nothing anyone should have to go through (being raped). The point I was making is after all this they choose to submit his name for engraving on hockey’s holy grail. The person reviewing the list before submitting it to the league should have finally took a stand and said **** this guy! There are a lot of great players that never got their name in a cup but this piece of **** Aldrich is on it.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Agreed @Podein25. The Blackhawks management made poor decision after poor decision after poor decision in dealing with Aldrich. Not addressing it immediately, giving him an excellent job reference so he could get a job praying on younger kids. All of it is horrible, criminal and nothing anyone should have to go through (being raped). The point I was making is after all this they choose to submit his name for engraving on hockey’s holy grail. The person reviewing the list before submitting it to the league should have finally took a stand and said **** this guy! There are a lot of great players that never got their name in a cup but this piece of **** Aldrich is on it.

Yeah, I don't disagree, just making a different point all pointing to the same conclusion: abject failures across the board from the league, to the Hawks leadership, to the players, especially the leaders like Toews, Kane and guys like Keith who (I think) chose to not be interviewed. Abject failures to be decent human beings every one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Identity of the unnamed HR director?

HR was deliberately left in the dark, so Blackhawks top team officials met without an HR director or even an attorney in the room. Might this have unfolded differently had the HR director been present?

What if a woman was in the room? Might have helped the boys understand what constitutes sexual assault.

• Like 2