Couturier

Mad Dog

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

Being the Finnophile I am, I have always liked the player. He had a lot more offensive side to the game before the Sabres brought in Ohmy Dahlin.

But he was never worth what they gave up for him. Never.

If they extend him at $6-7M then they are even worse than we thought. Ristolainen is not a cornerstone, $6-7M player.

Spoiler alert: they will extend him and he will be the next AndyMac...

🙄

Yeah I'm not going to lie at 5.4 mill he is making now I think he is over paid.

He in my mind is a 4.5 mill-5 mill tops type player.

And I hope you are wrong about resigning him in fact I would see if Montreal might be interested in him and I would take the guy I wanted them to sign off their hands for him in return...

...yep give me David Savard straight up and we can call it even Steven good luck with him.

Yeah yeah I know I am dreaming and he is more likely to be Mcdud part 2 for 5-7 years....wow I'm going to be sick.

🤮

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

2 hours ago, radoran said:

I'll quibble a bit as Richards had been a captain - and a highly praised one - throughout his Junior career. Including the Memorial Cup and an IIHF Championship.

That's fair, you're right his junior career was full of leadership and championships.   He was and still is my favorite player to have played for the Flyers (since I started watching..)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, radoran said:

The biggest problem - aside from being a middling, bubble playoff team for a decade - is whiffing on the #2 overall with Patrick.

You think that was bad (and it was) how about the "whiff" (i.e. stench) from 2007?

-sorry didn't mean to sidetrack the discussion ... carry on...

(it's just whenever I see "#2 overall" I can't help but think of that particularly dreadful twist of fate)

7 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

(it's just whenever I see "#2 overall" I can't help but think of that particularly dreadful twist of fate)

This is true (although I'm not entirely sure Kane would have been Kane here...)

And the cherry on top was trading away the prime years of the consolation prize for Luke Schenn before re-signing him.

Hall. Of. Fame.

:hocky:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd pick up the phone talk to the new Canuck GM and see what you can do to swap for Boeser and Horvat...start there.

Go blockbuster if you can I'm down for it.

WTF not...

I pitched a TK for Boeser trade on a previous post. How about Coots for Horvat and the Canucks pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

He was a p u s s y from the get go. He needed to go to the Kobra Kai dojo and learn to be a man.

He needed to be sent back to Junior to get his hockey legs under him before being thrown willy nilly into the toughest league in the world.

The point, though, is that his "migraine" issue wasn't a known issue when he was drafted...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

If you had Horvat and a lottery pick, would you trade them for Couturier?

This year's lottery?  So potentially the Flyers could pick x2 inthe top 10 ..... not sure how strong.deep this draft is,but yes ... I would highly consider it ..... 

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

This year's lottery?  So potentially the Flyers could pick x2 inthe top 10 ..... not sure how strong.deep this draft is,but yes ... I would highly consider it ..... 

Fletchers likely going to dump our 1st for some washed up bum trying to save the season. He'd do it on his own, but he's also got Homer goading him on.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Fletchers likely going to dump our 1st for some washed up bum trying to save the season. He'd do it on his own, but he's also got Homer goading him on.

honestly ...that is what scares me the most ......Fletch will do something stupid with draft picks in trying to salvage this season.  Granted, there are still ~50 games to go in the season, but as I mentioned in another post, there are so many holes in this team, even after plugging 2 or 3 of them, this ship/team is still going down.

@pilldoc  That's my concern too.   Analytics have to be used at some point by this organization.   They would have to go 34-18-6 to have a 50% chance at making the playoffs.    That's win 2 lose 1 for the rest of the season for a HOPE and PRAYER.  

Unfortunately, unless a Christmas miracle comes and they win out the rest of December, there should be nothing but For Sale signs hanging from players necks until March.

image.png

image.png.85b17307b5ea93d880e43155a373f856.png

Edited by Digityman

52 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Right, but why are the Canucks giving up a (potential) top 10 pick, and their captain, for Couturier? Especially the way this Couturier has been playing?

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Right, but why are the Canucks giving up a (potential) top 10 pick, and their captain, for Couturier? Especially the way this Couturier has been playing?

Excellent point….I dunno…

I got nothing…..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

So, when ol' Fletch sends the Flyers' 1st and, say, Konecny, to Dallas for Seguin...

Uh no.

Seguin (besides being a strange way to spell Bo Horvat) wasn't part of the discussion besides he is 29 with a 9.8 mill cap hit for 6 years. Uh pass.

Nowhere even close to Horvat who is 26 and signed for the next two years at 5.5 mill per.

So let's try this again. This time sober...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Seguin (besides being a strange way to spell Bo Horvat) wasn't part of the discussion besides he is 29 with a 9.8 mill cap hit for 6 years. Uh pass.

Sounds exactly what Fletch and Homer would be looking for...and it'll save them the time negotiating the contract. Plus he's from Brampton, but plays in Texas. Minnesota is sorta between them, right?

• Uggh... 1

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh no.

Nowhere even close to Horvat who is 26 and signed for the next two years at 5.5 mill per.

So let's try this again. This time sober...

Seguin is Couturier in this scenario - the 29yo w long term deal being dealt for a young, signed forward and a pick...

You wouldn't do that, which is great.

Why are the Canucks?

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1