2022 NHL Winter Classic: Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues Official GDT

CreaseAndAssist

7 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

our window for a shot at the western conf finals is this year and next after that .... cap hell sets in

All the more reason to get Boldy, Rossi, Jesper, Lambos, O'Rourke, and Khusnut. up for some time ASAP.

Here you have Dumba being interviewed on how cold it was and how in Calgary he'd play for 10 minutes and go warm up...
The Blues show up having fun showing up in beach attire saying it's no big deal....There's your difference in the game tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At parts we were so bad that we were just a laughing stock for the viewers. At least Greenway falling down for no reason at all got some attention from Gretzky and the commentators. Nice comeback, though, after the Blues stopped playing.

• Like 2

Wild Dominated by the Blues in 6-4 Loss in 2022 NHL Winter Classic

A pretty poor effort IMO.  Especially with the extra days off, postponements.  The Wild looked like a team that hadn't played in two weeks.  Hearing one of the alternate captains laugh about the optional practices when the team struggled to connect on simple passes kind reminds me of the #11 & #20 Wild.  

Sure, they were missing some important players, but the team had the ability to practice outside for much of the last two weeks whether at the Roseville Oval or the semi-enclosed outdoor ice at Braemar.  Instead we look like the team that was completely aloof out there while the Blues were all business right from the drop of the puck.  

Now Cam Talbot is out with a lower body injury; my guess from not having played in a game in two weeks he probably tweaked something.  

It was embarrassing.  I feel bad for the 38,000+ who paid money to see that even if the spectacle aspect of it was done pretty well.  6 game losing streak...and not getting any better.  

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Watched the third on TV then listened to KFAN post gamer. My feed had an open mic during commercials and you could hear them bad-mouthing people and the event....funny...somebody finally killed the broadcast.

Who was doing this?  Was it KFAN people or some kind of national broadcast folks?  I thought LaPanta and Ryan Carter were doing the radio for this game?  

It aired locally on KFGO but production originated from the venue. May have been working for a national or local feed but it was Mark Parrish, Brandon Moleski and others from KFAN out of Twin Cities. Not sure who said what about who or what but got feeling they wanted to go home. No harm. Just funny. Fan line calls....open mics bleeding over ad breaks.

7 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Dominated by the Blues in 6-4 Loss in 2022 NHL Winter Classic

A pretty poor effort IMO.  Especially with the extra days off, postponements.  The Wild looked like a team that hadn't played in two weeks.  Hearing one of the alternate captains laugh about the optional practices when the team struggled to connect on simple passes kind reminds me of the #11 & #20 Wild.  

Sure, they were missing some important players, but the team had the ability to practice outside for much of the last two weeks whether at the Roseville Oval or the semi-enclosed outdoor ice at Braemar.  Instead we look like the team that was completely aloof out there while the Blues were all business right from the drop of the puck.  

Now Cam Talbot is out with a lower body injury; my guess from not having played in a game in two weeks he probably tweaked something.  

It was embarrassing.  I feel bad for the 38,000+ who paid money to see that even if the spectacle aspect of it was done pretty well.  6 game losing streak...and not getting any better.  

Oh goody, The Hits just keep coming. 🤕
That would explain the last 3 Blues goals possibly as Talbot didn't look right on any of those.
Time for Kappo to step up and show his worth.
I figure you can practice all you want, But without putting it into actual game speed the timing just isn't there. With the rescheduling and even more days off between games I see little change.
Given all the *key* injuries, Maybe it's not a bad thing and we just have to survive the next 2 weeks.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:44 PM, lynxrattle said:

There's no question this is an important game.

1. We need the points from a rival.

2. We need the recognition gained from a huge event like this.

3. We need to end the skid.

4. We need to show the coaching team extension decision was the right one.

5. We need to gain an edge against a potential playoffs rival.

I hate to write this prediction, but I'll go with a clear Blues win, 5 -2. Losing 4 in a row, losing key players from the line-up, then facing a majorly important challenge with a week's pause... "bad trouble", like Easy Pete from Fallout New Vegas would say.

Actually, Lynxrattle, you the winner in predicting our loss with a big score.

I have heard that the tickets for this Winter Classic game were up to $700.00 per seat and we had more than 38,000.00 fans to watch it in arena.  Unfortunately, we were not able to prepare seriously to this important game and we have now 5 losses in a row already. Currently, St. Louis and Nashville teams are ahead of us in our Division.

IMO , Blues is the best team in a league and probably will be in the finals of Stanley Cup playoffs this season. I watched their previous game against Oilers (they won 4:2) and I was impressed how good they are in any aspect of the game. And that team also has a very good experienced Russian line (Barbashev-Buchnevich-Tarasenko), which always bringing valuable points to this team. Their goalie Binnington most of the games is on the top of his play.

What I liked from that game? For the first time in 3 years Evason replaced goalie during the game. After 2 not good periods for Talbot (6 goals in his net), he was replaced on Kahkonen who was able to play solid. We were able to place 2 goals in a 3rd period. All players who were expected the most to score from our side (Fiala, Kaprizov, Pitlick, Hartman), abled to score. I am still also thinking that we missed a LOT for this specific game Brodin and EEK. Probably, result for this game would be different if those 2 players were in game and if Kahkonen will be  a starter instead of Talbot who lost a previous game against Dallas with a big score 4:7 too. If defense is not doing well then goalie should step up at his best to help the team in winning.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

hearing "it's -9" about 4,233 times by announcers was a bit annoying,

I'm sure it was for folks from Minnesota, where you tell people it's -9 out and they're like, "okay, so a jacket, but what's for dinner?"

For much of the rest of us, schools are closing or delayed (because Sally and Johnny can't be asked to wait for the bus in such "ungodly" temperatures), there's a run on milk, eggs, bread, kerosene, and beer, and half the block burns down their houses because they forgot how to safely operate their kerosene heaters.

So, the announcers have to keep reminding the viewing audience that it's -9 so we can start AGAIN with the room can again discuss how those players can barely stand to play despite not having 12 layers of clothing on and a bonfire at center ice.

Yeah, annoying here, too, now that it made me remember New Years with the mother in law.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lynxrattle said:

I think I'm getting old. -9 F (-20 Celsius) feels incredibly cold nowadays. It seems no amount of clothing takes the bite away.

It doesn't stop me from cycling to work, though :D

If -9 feels incredibly cold to you, that's because IT IS incredibly freakin cold!
Your age isn't in question here.

And I agree that no amount of burlap I pile on helps!
Granted, I am a born n raised Florida gal, who has lived in Minnesota the last 10+ years or so, and has NOT "gotten used to the cold". I swear people kept telling me I would. I haven't.
And you know what? I don't want to get used to it!

I'm the type of person more than willing to pay extra on my heating and my home is warm n toasty 73-74 degrees at any given time.
Yep, I have had people come into our house and wanting to know what kinds of vegetables we are growing in this greenhouse of ours.
Trying to simulate the Florida climate, I tell them. :bigteeth: 

But no matter who you are, -9 is ^%$damnned cold!

• Haha 1