Game 51: Blues at Flyers; 2/22/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

The Blues are favored (-210) with a predicted score of 5-3.  Ville Husso (GAA of 1.97) plays against Hart (if the eye infection subsides).

It's hard to know if the Flyers will be dejected or motivated by the Canes loss. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah kids i would look away it could get ugly...they are tied with Buffalo all you need to know.

FMNSMagXoBY-S_y.jpg.d0d5756d708b0db0c16cce449a1d1e04.jpg

There is really no legitimate way that a PP1 featuring JVR, Giroux, Atkinson, Konecny, and Provorov should be hitting at 14%

That's pathetic and just screams "quit" to me.

The leadership group on this team - and at least two if not three of those guys are "leadership" - is an embarrassment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

There is really no legitimate way that a PP1 featuring JVR, Giroux, Atkinson, Konecny, and Provorov should be hitting at 14%

I know right but as a guy who hasn't watched i remember a few posters saying Ivan needs to be taken off of it because he hadn't been helping from what i gather but who would you replace him with???

I guess York maybe if he was up....but who besides him would be better???

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

The leadership group on this team - and at least two if not three of those guys are "leadership" - is an embarrassment.

That is why sure i said tongue in cheek with the C to Mayhew when they trade Giroux but honestly who has played better than that little guy lately???

So yes they need a Captain who embodies what that little guy brings because he brings it and i want my Captain to show me not just chirp about what needs to happen go do it. And then yeah when needed jump in someone ass like a TK when i SEE you quit put them on blast.

But this Captain does do anything but head to the tunnel....

:BrownBag:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is why sure i said tongue in cheek with the C to Mayhew when they trade Giroux but honestly who has played better than that little guy lately???

He's actually scoring at a higher projected clip than Atkinson.

Not sure that's entirely sustainable...

And, on a side note, was the guy that didn't get over the boards on the power play in the first game after the ASB.

Ooops.

But we all know they aren't going to have a C for the rest of the season when/if Giroux is moved...

Edited by radoran

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

And, on a side note, was the guy that didn't get over the boards on the power play in the first game after the ASB.

That was Mayhew??

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

But we all know they aren't going to have a C for the rest of the season when/if Giroux is moved...

Yes they will hold out hope of resigning him to avoid it being awkward and saying "yeah about that C again...uh we are going to need that back....."

34 minutes ago, radoran said:

According to the accounts I've seen. I think I heard it on Myrtetus?

Wow wasn't aware of it but I guess I'll forgive as a brain fart we all have had those it happens as long as it does become a problem.

Some of thse players DO need to just stay on the bench and skip their rotation he isn't one as of now...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow wasn't aware of it but I guess I'll forgive as a brain fart we all have had those it happens as long as it does become a problem.

Obviously the guy should know to get over the boards.

That it took ~20 seconds or so for someone to notice it was somewhat disappointing.

Then the coach just sloughs it off as a "sloppy" post All Star Game mentality.

And absolutely none of that makes me feel any better...

• Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Obviously the guy should know to get over the boards.

That it took ~20 seconds or so for someone to notice it was somewhat disappointing.

Then the coach just sloughs it off as a "sloppy" post All Star Game mentality.

And absolutely none of that makes me feel any better...

In a nutshell what is wrong with the whole organization top to bottom and it is seeping into the good ones game see one Carter Hart....

• Like 1

Hello:

Here is the lineup:

Projected Flyers lines:

Oskar Lindblom—Claude Giroux—Cam Atkinson
James van Riemsdyk—Scott Laughton—Travis Konecny
Max Willman—Morgan Frost—Gerald Mayhew
Isaac Ratcliffe—Patrick Brown—Zack MacEwen

Ivan Provorov—Justin Braun
Travis Sanheim—Rasmus Ristolainen
Keith Yandle—Nick Seeler

Carter Hart/Martin Jones
(Martin Jones/Kirill Ustimenko)

I am unsure about goal.

31 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Oskar Lindblom—Claude Giroux—Cam Atkinson
James van Riemsdyk—Scott Laughton—Travis Konecny
Max Willman—Morgan Frost—Gerald Mayhew
Isaac Ratcliffe—Patrick Brown—Zack MacEwen

Ivan Provorov—Justin Braun
Travis Sanheim—Rasmus Ristolainen
Keith YandleNick Seeler

Carter Hart/Martin Jones

A showcase/audition night i hope for a few....bolded.

And two miracles in.......red.

Where is the fingers crossed emoji??

:BrownBag:

27 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Plush Gritty doll, Gritty T-shirt, Gritty socks and autographed Gritty puck 

I was only being a sarcastic a-hole about all the Gritty swag then I found out tonight’s give-a-way. I hope the scouts like it!!!!  😂😂

23F3C093-8371-4ACA-9F47-1070A7628FFD.jpeg

Edited by Samifan
  • Uggh... 1

Yes Provorov is really fighting it...half his touches are flubs or near-flubs. Most times he recovers or someone saves the puck before it's a TO.

He just reeks of no confidence. TK too. TK is still skating well, staying involved but he can't shoot to save his life. I think when a team gets this bad it's tough for guys to keep their mojo going, esp younger guys in big roles.

Now the Flyers are playing better the past week or so Provorov's struggles stand out even more.

Wow...unreal - surreal even .. .Oskar ties it up and the very next shift: Tarasenko = 2-1 Blues. What else is new? But it wasn't the 4th line this time it was Giroux, Atkinson, Ratcliffe, Provorov and Braun.

Good teams have a "refuse to lose" identity - - - Flyers have a "we will lose" mentality.

• Like 1