LA interested in Konecney

icehole

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

FWIW Harden has been pretty exciting news and has played better than I imagined on the floor.

I think the Sixers could be legitimate title contenders if this group remains healthy and Deandre Jordan can summon 50% of his old self. 

My brother's holding me a seat on the bandwagon. He really likes basketball (went to North Carolina).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The Ristolainen/Sanhiem pair has been the most effective/highest performing since December.

That's not saying much; but generally, when they are out together the puck is going in the offensive direction.

I don’t see them generally moving the puck north, not often that’s for sure. I see Sanheim make a lot of 60’ cross ice passes where the puck invariably bounces off the winger’s skate blade. And I see Ristolainen get the puck and turn towards the wall.

Some of the breakout issues is obviously on the forwards playing lazy and/or stupid hockey. But too many (at least to me) breakouts go nowhere, fail to gain the red line much less the opponent’s blue line because that 2nd pair just does not work well together. Maybe they are the best since Dec like you said. Granted they’re less awful than Seeler/Anyone, but I see no upside, no potential to Ristolainen/Sanheim. None. 

edit: btw @mojo1917 I’m not trying to convince you Ristolainen sucks or that he’s totally useless. I can step back like you do, forget about the assets given up to get him, and just appreciate what he brings. But I do believe he’s hurting Sanheim’s development. Too much to type but RR (to me) is exactly the wrong type of partner for Sanheim.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

But I do believe he’s hurting Sanheim’s development.

He sure isn't helping it for sure.

Flip him for Manson front the Ducks.

If they are moving him he is the guy I want helping Sanheim on the second pair.

Someone who is going have his back more when he risk pinching I don't GAF about have a guy who can skate backwards if that is all that he is going to do get gum the fcuk out of here.

So yeah I would take a Manson for Risto trade in a heartbeat what else would it take?

23 hours ago, CoachX said:

so what do you suggest? Should they trade away everyone and start over? What makes you think they could actually get rid of (trade/waive/buy out etc.) every player on the roster?

The first thing I suggest is that they be realistic.  The team is bad.  Untalented, poorly coached, at the cap, and nearly zero prospects likely to be regular all stars.  So set a realistic timeline on when you think you can turn this all around.  5 years seems the minimum to me.

1.  Almost anyone who is going to be over 30 in 5 years, trade for picks, prospects, or someone younger.  Acquire assets.

2.  Get the cap in order.  1 may take care of 2.

3.  Take your lumps.  Be honest with the fan base about what you are doing.

4.  Build the team toward your timeline.  As your prospects come up, identify the ones you feel are best and trade the others while they still have value for prospects or veterans who fit the timeline.

5.  Capped sports are cyclical.  You load up, take a shot over five years or so with your group of players.  Sometimes your group gets close but can’t make it.  As they age, you have to tear it back down and start over.  Sometimes you get lucky and get a generational player who can sustain your team for a longer period.  But don’t keep chasing fools gold.

21 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Almost anyone who is going to be over 30 in 5 years, trade for picks, prospects, or someone younger.  Acquire assets.

If you do this, you are left with Farabee and Hart. So you would have those 2 guys and a bunch of what? 

You can't just pick the age 30 as over the hill and on the decline

The rest of your post I think is solid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

If you do this, you are left with Farabee and Hart. So you would have those 2 guys and a bunch of what? 

You can't just pick the age 30 as over the hill and on the decline

The rest of your post I think is solid

All you have to do is when you're ready and have gathered all your kid and you want to move forward with you just snap your fingers and the vets you desire will instantly fill out your roster....easy peasy lemon squeeze.

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
No really
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 2

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

All you have to do is when you're ready and have gathered all your kids you and want to move forward with you just snap your fingers and the vets you desire will instantly fill out your roster....easy peasy lemon squeesqueeze.

:beer:

Oh, very cool. I will now take the advice I was given, and just wait the five years before watching again. 

I wonder if we should have a discussion about what 22 year olds, currently in the NHL, will be good vets to have on a team of kids we have no nothing about 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

AHL scrubs, JVR playing out the string, other under performing prospects, waiver wire pickups.  Who cares?

17 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

You can’t fix this mess taking half measures.

No you can't. And I'm all for dumping everyone who's dumpable. Unfortunately that's not a very long list, at least among the players who eat up a good chunk of the cap.

Un-dumpable:

Hayes, president and poster boy for the JVR fan club.

Speaking of JVR ... how bad will Fletcher get raped at the TD?

Giroux. What will he do? Until that's resolved a lot remains up in the air for the Flyers.

Atkinson and Ellis - no need to dump either provided Ellis can play NHL hockey again.

Anyway I'm with you - start over and don't cut corners. Build from the net out; Flyers are ahead of the curve in that respect. Then Defense. Ellis/Provorov? Maybe but I'd make Plan B a high priority. Keep Sanheim? Fine but get him a partner who's got legs for chrissakes and can keep up. Let's see what this kid can do without a boat anchor hanging off his side.

The rest will sort itself - the no-names and the has-beens will exit the stage. Plenty more to discuss but this is too long already. Anyway I'm with you - if the Flyers/Fletcher had any intention of doing it that is.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:58 PM, CoachX said:

yeah, I don't think so. Don't poke the sleeping Bear. Philly is a passionate sports town. It's still a hockeytown, but the fans are smart enough to know you can't piss down our back and say its raining. This isn't a fair weather town. No way. No Sir. Watch what happens if they bring a tough as nails, offensive wizard in. If and when this franchise decides to pull Holmgren's head out of Clarke's ass, you will see those same fans. We are all still here. Dormant. Lying under the surface just waiting for a reason

If and when the team gets good again, hockey fans will come out. That's just how major sports work though. The question is will it ever be enough to take over any of the other major sports in popularity? I don't think it will. Football obviously not. Baseball is slow and boring most of the time, but people gravitate to it for other reason such as nice weather and socialization. Flyers are essentially competing with the sixers.

And they're losing...badly. During the process, attendance was low. The team was really bad. But you know what, people talked about how low attendance was. People talked about how bad the team was. People talked about the tank. Groups of nerds gathered to support the tank. Everyone has just given up on the flyers. They don't care to talk about it.

17 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I ’m only guessing but I doubt there’s even 1 American city where the NHL outdraws the NBA. 

Used to be Philadelphia 5-7 years ago...

2021-2022

Denver NHL 17,292 NBA 16,343

Washington NHL 18,573 NBA 15,039

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Interesting....info...

....but who needs anal - ytics!!!!! 

:BrownBag:

there are three types of lies....

lies.  damned lies, and STATS

Edited by CoachX