LA interested in Konecney

icehole

The big focus at the trade deadline is to try to get what they can for Giroux. He is their best bet to get some decent players/prospects for the future. In a deal like that, lower impact players  may be included in the deal just to make it work.

For the first time, I saw Travis Konecney's name mentioned as a trade possibility. Apparently LA is interested. What are your thoughts? I don't know what LA has to offer in return, but I wouldn't mind saying goodbye. Just like many flyers in the past 30 years, he was so promising in the beginning. Then 5 years goes by and you have to ask what has he done? He's a small agitator with a reputation of getting under players' skin. I usually like players like that but I think he's a punk. I think his act is tired. I think if you go 20 games without scoring a goal, you should put your head down and shut your mouth. I think when you're playing Buffalo, you're down a few goals and someone wants to mix it up, but you turtle to get a PP (which they never do anything with anyway), you're just a pu$$y.

Bye Bye!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

This team is about 7 Konecny's (and a couple of Girouxs) away from contending.  By the time this team is good, Konecny might be over the hill.

Trading him for several shots at a Konecny or Giroux would probably be a good idea.

I  agree with this.  

Though I don't view it as contrary to what I wrote.

I'm just to the place where so long as current mismanagement continues to mismanage, we'll just be doing this all over again with the "new Konecnies."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Flyers biggest need at forward ?

Clearly they need to ship out a 24-year-old three time 20 goal scorer for a guy who's going to be 30 and hasn't scored 20 goals - combined - in the past two seasons.

That's how you get better.

🤔

• Like 2

These conversations are nice time wasters, intere

sting opinions shared by all us experts. The Flyers lack of brain trust has their own stubborn, dementia driven plan to rebuild the team to mediocre. 

IMHO, the question you need to ask regarding every player in the organization is will he be a contributor to a serious cup run in 5 years, where does he fit in the salary cap in 5 years.

The LA Kings have perhaps the best prospect group in the NHL. If Chuck and Dan can pry a piece or two out of them, I think you definitely look at trading with them. Maybe you can package him with Atkinson or JVR and get a significant return. Retaining salary is another asset in a trade.

But I digress, the Flyers are just a piece or 2 away, a couple more $6.5 mill per year injured 32 year olds away from a hard run at mediocre.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

If i'm exploring the idea of trading him, i'm making sure a get a solid if not max return.

That needs to happen regardless of the player they trade.

This is a pivotal offseason.

If played right it could turns things around quickly and if not it could be dark here for years to come.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

That needs to happen regardless of the player they trade.

If played right it could turns things around quickly and if not it could be dark here for years to come.

RIGHT!   They could go from being two years from two years away to just two years away. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

The Flyers lack of brain trust has their own stubborn, dementia driven plan to rebuild the team to mediocre. 

This why there is very little hope....and as i mentioned the only change is all this is Danny Briere.

I'm telling you they trust the kid and well he is all we have got as far as hope of coming in and maybe talking these clowns into trying something new or putting him in charge and he trying something new.

So yeah other than that they are screwed....otherwise they think they KNOW the way the same one that has been tried for over the last decade...and well it hasn't. Danny B is the only guy who has a chance to fix this i think. Chuck will get promoted and Danny will be running the show.

But if Danny is just a younger yes man we are fcuked!

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Trading Richards for a bunch of kids because salary cap and 5 years, etc , turned out really well.

Let's do it again!

I am keeping Coots (unless blown away) Provorov (unless blown away) and Farabee (unless blown way) and Hart and as you know unless i am blown away by an offer.

Those are the big 3 guys you keep and build around...everything else is on the block...

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Welcome to 2021.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Danny B is the only guy who has a chance to fix this i think.

Welcome to Ron Hextall, 2014.

Nobody has a chance to fix this organization* as long as they keep doing things the way they've always done them expecting different results.

In related news, George Costanza is under consideration for Assistant General Manager.

george costanza comedy GIF

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

RIGHT!   They could go from being two years from two years away to just two years away. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

What i mean by that is turned around instead of slide down towards the drain they can maybe turn it around and get this thing headed back upwards....not saying a Cup run soon but someone needs to get this thing turned around and not headed to the bottom to replace the Sabres as one of the worst clubs in this league...this whole process will take some time...first things first finding who that guy is and well we have seen that Danny has their blessings...all we got.

So do they turn it around or do they circle the drain....and in that honor i add a video for their goal song.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

The people who put the organization* into this position are the only ones who can get it out...

David Rose Comedy GIF by Schitt's Creek

So asking seriously.

Do you think they are going to come in and fire Scott and then in turn show Homer and his cronies the door??

I know the answer. No.

So Danny is the only change we are going to see above the coaches in the next 5 years.

So embrace it now and it will help to ease it all later....and yeah if Danny is another yes man and not allowed to do it like Ron started but wasn't allowed to finish well yeah it is more of the same and we all might as well find another team to follow...hep us Danny Briere you're our only hope...

:PopcornSmiley2:

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Do you think they are going to come in and fire Scott and then in turn show Homer and his cronies the door??

I know the answer. No.

So Danny is the only change we are going to see above the coaches in the next 5 years.

Yeah, I really don't have any faith that anything is going to change.

In Briere's interview with Myrtetus on Flyers Daily he cited Patrick Brown as a piece they were missing and counting on this season.

Brown was a 29-year-old waiver wire pickup with 3 points in 33 regular season NHL games coming into this season.

To be clear, I'm more than willing to "give him a chance" but he's not holding the reins and he's in exactly the same position Hextall was in *checks notes* nine years ago.

george costanza comedy GIF

Edited by radoran
  • Uggh... 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ha, they are so far away, it’s not actually that pivotal.  As a wise man once said:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So embrace it now and it will help to ease it all later....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

player in the organization is will he be a contributor to a serious cup run in 5 years, where does he fit in the salary cap in 5 years

Wait. What? 5 years? I thought it was two years

REPORTED!

• Like 2