Yandle to be scratched v. Tronno

radoran

53 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, because he's not Keith Yandle.  Unfortunately, it looks like they might be scratching Attard, instead of Yandle tonight.  Now, if there's a roster move that needs to be questioned, THAT would be it.

Yes this would be down right stupid.

But par for the course.

All I want is to finish with as little injuries as possible and the best chance of getting a good prospect in the draft.

I wonder what arrangement, if any, Yandle and Fletcher made during negotiations. I said earlier “once it was apparent Yandle would start instead of fill-in….” but now I wonder. Did Yandle sign expecting to play, to start, and eventually get his record? No guarantee just an expectation like any other roster player?

If so then my opinion is the same re: how the Flyers handled him. But if he was hired as a 7th, and he knew that, then it all goes out the window. But the fact is AV started him from G1. So if he was signed as a 7th then I have to wonder why.

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I wonder what arrangement, if any, Yandle and Fletcher made during negotiations. I said earlier “once it was apparent Yandle would start instead of fill-in….” but now I wonder. Did Yandle sign expecting to play, to start, and eventually get his record? No guarantee just an expectation like any other roster player?

If so then my opinion is the same re: how the Flyers handled him. But if he was hired as a 7th, and he knew that, then it all goes out the window. But the fact is AV started him from G1. So if he was signed as a 7th then I have to wonder why.

I don't know, obviously, but I would think you're right in assuming there was an arrangement.  I only say that because it was kind of hyped by the Flyers and their broadcast teams all year long.  I mean, they had to have something to market beside the incessant nostalgia du jour given the fact they couldn't soberly market the cess pool that is the team itself.  On the other hand, that may not have been the deal out of the gate given that they signed him way back in July and were still operating under the delusion that they had assembled the 1976 Canadiens.  

Honestly, though.  I think they honored him by letting him get his record of Consecutive Games Played for Absolutely No Purpose.   Anything after that was gravy, courtesy, and at the discretion of the team and its objectives.   I mean, he's still getting a paycheck to play a game he literally has no idea how to play.   I blame the coaches for not teaching him the fundamental skills of how to play defense.   All of them.   From every team he's ever played for.  

And honestly,   I wonder how many other players could be near that record if they were allowed to play in purpetuity despite sustained not only ineffectiveness but counterproductivity. 

I feel bad for him that he missed 1000 by 11 games (or whatever it was -- I honestly never cared for even a fleeting second).  I feel worse that he didn't play the last 59 or whatever someplace else.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

24 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If Yandle was given a guarantee then that's pretty stupid considering no one else wanted him. 

If he wasn't given one, and still got to play every game the way he was playing, that's even stupider! :IDunnoSmiley:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

If Yandle was given a guarantee then that's pretty stupid considering no one else wanted him. 

If he wasn't given one, and still got to play every game the way he was playing, that's even stupider! :IDunnoSmiley:

The Stupider Express kind of left the station with the signing itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ha yeah Stupidity Rules might be a decent 2nd choice for next season’s motto. But I think @mkscrewy nailed it with “Don’t Expect Much.”

If @radoran reads this far maybe he can recall why Yandle was brought in, at least why the Flyers said he was brought in. I’m pretty sure awhile back he ran down last summer’s moves, where they were expected to fit in. Could’ve sworn Yandle wasn’t supposed to be starting…

20 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ha yeah Stupidity Rules might be a decent 2nd choice for next season’s motto. But I think @mkscrewy nailed it with “Don’t Expect Much.”

If @radoran reads this far maybe he can recall why Yandle was brought in, at least why the Flyers said he was brought in. I’m pretty sure awhile back he ran down last summer’s moves, where they were expected to fit in. Could’ve sworn Yandle wasn’t supposed to be starting…

He was brought in to deflect from Risto.

Chuck knew as long as there was one D man one the team worse than Risto we all would give Risto and break and concentrate on the Ironman.

Worked like a charm...

...seems it would be just easier signing some real defensemen but what do I know.

I blame Ryan Ellis. Damn him.

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

He'd have to know what real defencemen are to sign them. 

Google said only real defensemen can be located in or from the state of Minnesota.

Who knew...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He was brought in as a bottom pairing player so York could develop in a top pairing role in LHV.

That plan went to pooh, rapidly.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:26 PM, flyercanuck said:

FWIW, Friedman is "100 percent certain" that Yandle was told "we'll get you there" (the record) by the Flyers and it is a primary reason why he signed in Philly. According to Friedman, there were other offers, but no other team would guarantee him a roster spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

FWIW, Friedman is "100 percent certain" that Yandle was told "we'll get you there" (the record) by the Flyers and it is a primary reason why he signed in Philly. According to Friedman, there were other offers, but no other team would guarantee him a roster spot.

I really wish i could say i'm shocked and don't believe that...

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJgoal said:

That's some incredible managerial skills right there....WE PUT HAYSEES BROS OVER THE SUCCESS OF THE TEAM. 

But I just can't figure out why we suck...hmmm.