2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version (#5 Overall)

pilldoc

2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Updated Question. Flyers are now drafting #5 overall. Who do you want?

• Juraj Slafkovsky -TPS (Liiga) (Slovakia)- LW / C / RW
    • Simon Nemec -HK Nitra (Slovakia) - RHD
    • Logan Cooley - USDP (United States) - C (NOTE: Committed to Univ. Minn.)
    • Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Joakim Kemell - JYP (Liiga) (Finland) - RW
    • David Jiricek - HC Plzen (Czech) - RHD
    • Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Other?
    • BPA (Best Player Available)

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Sometimes you trade a proven guy with the thought that a younger ,cheaper guy can replace him.

You're kinda making my point from earlier when I suggested moving multiple parts for AD

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

If they keep the 5, it's only ONE player. That doesn't fill "holes". At best, it's hopefully a good player to fill ONE spot. It doesnt equate to filling any more than that. AD is a top tier player right now, and will probably be better than what they draft at that position

All of these arguments surround the point that any trade will be multiple assets for ONE player. Highly unlikely considering trading a draft pick for a guy with that kind of pricetag does not give you the cap space to sign him

The difference is , DeBrincat will cost a fortune in cap space ,you will create holes in the lineup, deplete your prospects and lose a top 5 pick if you trade for him. By not trading for him, you have better depth and balance ,an overall better team, and with #5 you add an additional top prospect . Let’s put it this way, how much better will D Brincat  make our team over the next few years, the answer is , not enough to make it worth doing the trade. A high end center or defenseman are far more of a need than a winger that weighs 165 lbs .

17 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

TK is a good player, we are a bad team, so in the long run, by the time  we are good , he will be an UFA. So if there is a good deal for him you think about making it. I

You mean like, packaging him with the 5 to bring in a player who will immediately make the team better?

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You're kinda making my point from earlier when I suggested moving multiple parts for AD

Wait but who is the cheaper guy. DeBrincat is gonna cost like 9 million. Im more for moving TK for a couple of pieces or I’m wanting to move a guy like Coots for 2-3 pieces , but that was before his back and ridiculous contract.

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

The difference is , DeBrincat will cost a fortune in cap space ,you will create holes in the lineup, deplete your prospects and lose a top 5 pick if you trade for him. 

Sheesh man, what are you giving up for him? I never even mentioned prospects.

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

By not trading for him, you have better depth and balance ,an overall better team

Really? How does that happen? If you don't improve the lineup, you're going to suck like you did last season. Unless you think Torts is the difference

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Let’s put it this way, how much better will D Brincat  make our team over the next few years, the answer is , not enough to make it worth doing the trade.

What player will? And yes, I think a guy who can consistently score 35 to 40 goals a season will make a team better

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Wait but who is the cheaper guy. DeBrincat is gonna cost like 9 million. Im more for moving TK for a couple of pieces or I’m wanting to move a guy like Coots for 2-3 pieces , but that was before his back and ridiculous contract.

Who's gonna give you that return on those 2?

At best you could only get a 1 for 1 swap. I appreciate your support for our Flyers, but you are way overvaluing these guys

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You mean like, packaging him with the 5 to bring in a player who will immediately make the team better?

No I’d actually like to trade him to Ottawa for #7, plus a prospect,  then pick Gauthier and Jiracek  and then we fill a need at center and defense., not this year but the following year . It’s all about  building a balanced team for the future , we can write off the next few seasons.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Sheesh man, what are you giving up for him? I never even mentioned prospects.

No, but Chicago sure did.

Really? How does that happen? If you don't improve the lineup, you're going to suck like you did last season. Unless you think Torts is the difference

You are a better overall team when you have a balanced lineup, with solid players  throughout the lineup as compared to having one big scorer on the first line and a bunch of stiffs on the other lines, which is what happens when you trade 3-4 players or almost ready prospects for one guy. 

What player will? And yes, I think a guy who can consistently score 35 to 40 goals a season will make a team better.

Very simple , he will make the team better if you add him to what we have now. He will not make the team better if you give up guys like York or Provy ina package for him , you don’t plug one hole and create two more.

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Who's gonna give you that return on those 2?

At best you could only get a 1 for 1 swap. I appreciate your support for our Flyers, but you are way overvaluing these guys

Coots was worth 2-3 assets before we foolishly gave him a huge contract just as his back gave out, that window has closed.  The time to trade him was a few seasons ago before he was hurt and when he had a good contract.TK is worth more than you think, our guys underachieved due to the toxic atmosphere in Philly , he’s a 30 goal scorer on a real team . What do you think a 30 goal scorer goes for in a trade,

@RonJeremy

I really want to know where you are getting your info from. Where did CHI mention anything? I haven't read a single story where they said what they want.

The Flyers don't have a balanced lineup, with solid players throughout. They won't get there with this lineup either. They have to make moves

I have not mentioned, or read, Yorks name being connected to anything

Coots was worth 2-3 assets before we foolishly gave him a huge contract just as his back gave out, that window has closed.  The time to trade him was a few seasons ago before he was hurt and when he had a good contract.TK is worth more than you think, our guys underachieved due to the toxic atmosphere in Philly , he’s a 30 goal scorer on a real team . What do you think a 30 goal scorer goes for in a trade,

In your earlier post you said...

"I’m wanting to move a guy like Coots for 2-3 pieces" .... now you are saying that isn't possible. Can you make up your mind here?

You think TK is a 30 goal scorer. I don't think he is. Both are speculation. I dont think many GMs are going to think so either

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

@RonJeremy

I really want to know where you are getting your info from. Where did CHI mention anything? I haven't read a single story where they said what they want.

The Flyers don't have a balanced lineup, with solid players throughout. They won't get there with this lineup either. They have to make moves

I have not mentioned, or read, Yorks name being connected to anything

Chicago wants the equivalent of four first round picks . DeBrincat has two years left in his contract, several teams want him and have put in offers. Chicago is under no pressure to deal him until they get what they want. They are rebuilding, they are gonna try and dump Kane and Towes, they don’t want TK or JVR, they want young guys and high draft picks. So from the Flyers they want the #5 and guys like Brink, Foerester and York. That’s what they are looking for. That’s why I’m so against trading for him. They are 100% in the drivers seat in this deal, there will be no lowball JVR offers. I have read multiple stories about them wanting a huge return. I can’t say specifically where I read this but it’s some you tube videos and different hockey shows.

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

In your earlier post you said...

"I’m wanting to move a guy like Coots for 2-3 pieces" .... now you are saying that isn't possible. Can you make up your mind here?

You think TK is a 30 goal scorer. I don't think he is. Both are speculation. I dont think many GMs are going to think so either

Dude go read  the original post again, I said before his back and big contract . TK scored 24 goals  on a shat team, you don’t think he can score 6 more on a better team, come on.

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Chicago wants the equivalent of four first round picks

Where did you get this?

they don’t want TK

They don't? Didn't you just say he was a 30 goal scorer? Or was that Coots? I'm really having a hard time keeping up with the contradictions 

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

, they want young guys and high draft picks. So from the Flyers they want the #5 and guys like Brink, Foerester and York. That’s what they are looking for

And you read this where? 

8 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

This is the original post. 

You said you want to move Coots for 2-3 pieces, then acknowledge you can't do it. 

Edited by pilldoc

Chicago wants four first round picks. The Flyers don't have them. So, we're not getting DeBrincat. It's that simple. So, we can move on. He's a Robin, not a Batman, and not worth that. Oh, by the way, I'll be shocked if that asking price from the Blackhawks doesn't come down in the very near future. That's an INSANE asking price. There's other good players out there, that are way more gettable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Chicago wants four first round picks. The Flyers don't have them. So, we're not getting DeBrincat. It's that simple. So, we can move on. He's a Robin, not a Batman, and not worth that. Oh, by the way, I'll be shocked if that asking price from the Blackhawks doesn't come down in the very near future. That's an INSANE asking price. There's other good players out there, that are way more gettable.

It is insane. Did you read that somewhere?

If you really want to move on, we can discuss the Flyers signing JG

My take:  This is a draft with a few top-tier folks but then the talent evens out.  I'd put 50/50 on Fletcher trading down a few notches on the pole and getting another second or prospect in return.  On DeBrincat--putting aside assets lost, I think he is due for over $9 million next year.  No, let's stay away.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Elliotte Friedman on Twitter, a NHL Insider/hockey reporter...who's been on NHL Network, done podcasts, been a writer for The Hockey News, etc..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'm sure it's in the ballpark of what Chicago's starting position is.  I can't imagine they actually expect to get that. Insane is right.

I really like Debrincat. A lot.  But I completely agree with the Robin vs Batman statement.  Man, he would be fun to have but we'd still need a center that could get him the puck.  Completely agree:  walk away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CoachX said:

Where did you get this?

They don't? Didn't you just say he was a 30 goal scorer? Or was that Coots? I'm really having a hard time keeping up with the contradictions 

And you read this where? 

I told you why they don’t want TK,  they are rebuilding and want younger guys with low contracts , otherwise ,why wouldn’t they just keep DeBrincat who’s a 40 goal scorer and younger than TK. It’s not contradictions, it’s your poor reading comprehension. Him being a 30 goal guy has nothing to do with why Chicago doesn’t want him.  I also told you I read a bunch of stuff and can’t say specifically where I saw the info. If you refuse to accept that , that’s not my fault.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CoachX said:

This is the original post. 

You said you want to move Coots for 2-3 pieces, then acknowledge you can't do it. 

It clearly says I wanted to move him BEFORE HIS BACK AND HIS BIG CONTRACT….can you see that , I wrote in caps so you don’t miss it. What I was saying is when he was making 4 million and healthy, he was worth 2-3 pieces. Now at 7 million and 8 yrs and a bad back, he’s worth nothing,

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Recchi had scored 107 points the season before the trade, and 123 the season before that.  And, LeClair had played 224 NHL games before the trade.  People saw the player he was and what he was capable of becoming with a linemate like Lindros.

The comparisons here are no where close to each other.

Because you heard someone throwing this rumor around doesn't mean it has even a lick of truth to it.  Once again, this is not EA Sports NHL, and TK is not bringing that return in reality.  If he straight up brings the 7th, it would be an amazing feat by Chuck.  And, Chuck doesn't have that in him.

All depends on what you're considering those 2 or 3 assets are.  He simply wasn't worth 2 or 3 first round picks/first round selection prospects.  Not then.  Not now.

Depends on who the 30 goals scorer is, and what else they bring with their game.  TK is simply NOT worth the 7th and Ridly Greig in return.  All there is to it.  He's an established NHL player who has some value.  But, not the value you are dreaming that he has.

And you are dreaming since you think you are the foremost expert on hockey.  Hopefully you will green light Fletcher on his pick today. I know everything has to go through you. You are the straw that stirs the drink.

12 hours ago, CoachX said:

If you really want to move on, we can discuss the Flyers signing JG

Discuss...

:PopcornSmiley2: