Zack MacEwen Is Waived Per Adam Kimmelman

Howie58

49 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/flyers-zack-macewen-hits-waivers/

I doubt he is claimed; if so, no great loss.  I'd view this positively.  Growing a youngster with upside has greater value to the organization.  

I can't disagree that he brings important intangibles to the table, but his NHL experience doesn't inspire:

https://www.nhl.com/player/zack-macewen-8479772

If I had to put money on it, Laczynski is the opening fourth line center.  

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/flyers-zack-macewen-hits-waivers/

I doubt he is claimed; if so, no great loss.  I'd view this positively.  Growing a youngster with upside has greater value to the organization.  

Bury him with the Phantoms i'm good with that....as long as they get rid of a older stiff down there.

15 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No great loss but one of the few Flyers who gave a 100% every shift.

I think because he is big, skates well, and willing to hit and fight he looks busy when he's on the ice his eye test results are better than his actual play.

His simple metrics, xG especially are terrible, the team gets caved when he's on the ice. So maybe this is a case where things aren't being done the way they always have been® radoran

Even though he "does stuff", it's not good stuff often enough. He was on waivers for a reason last year and because so much of this team was injured and checked out last season, his pumping arms and legs stood out from the zombies that were here already. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

don't be too quick to discount the return of Gerry Mayhew, at Dave Scott's demand.

lol, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd snapped up has been Foligno from the Bruins but I don't think they have the cap room to do it. very little with this team would surprise me this year (outside of winning). 

9 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I don't think they have the cap room to do it.

They don't they had to actually perform a paper transaction by sending Laczynski and Allison down and only have 11 forwards to get cap complyent to recall them tomorrow.

How Chuck has a job is beyond me. Unless he is following instructions which would explain everything.

:beer:

11 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

lol, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd snapped up has been Foligno from the Bruins but I don't think they have the cap room to do it. very little with this team would surprise me this year (outside of winning). 

On 10/11/2022 at 6:15 AM, OccamsRazor said:

How Chuck has a job is beyond me. Unless he is following instructions which would explain everything

I'd like to see them put a teleprompter in front of him, and see what happens....it works for POTUS

• Like 1

MacEwen had a good game last night - despite the b.s. roughing minor. Tortorella was obviously happy with him and the entire bottom 6. I don't think he shortened the bench at all even in the final minutes. I like the message: everybody is expected to play disciplined hockey and be part of closing out a tight game.

• Like 1