Have I misjudged Comrie? Sabres win in Edmonton!!!1

Buffalo Rick

This was a big win early in a young season.  The youngest team in the NHL goes into a tough building and escapes with the W thanks to Comrie.  I really thought Anderson would get the start.  So coach must have seen something that made him believe in Comrie perhaps in the Florida game that was  a tough 4-3 loss at home.  The game at Calgary will be no picnic.  They just beat Vegas and I believe they are unbeaten?  

No. He still sucks. Come May Edmonton will be fighting for the cup and Comrie will be looking for a new job probably in the KHL. He sucks just won a meaningless game in October that nobody will remember in a month. 

@yave1964 was probably a touch harsh in his take, but I essentially agree with him. Comrie is 27 years old, has bounced around from organization to organization, been waived repeatedly, and has never been able to play more than 1 or 2 games per year until last year. He had the game of his life last night, and he can proudly tell his Grandchildren about it some day, but this isn't him rounding the corner to becoming a reliable goalie.

At the same age, and with more stability in his career up until that point, Ben Scrivens pitched a 59 save shutout against the powerhouse Sharks. Nice game, hell of a job. He was still in the KHL in a couple of years.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 9:05 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

Who in the love of God is Comrie?

I think a few of us told you early on Comrie was a good pickup.

As Quoted below

On 7/16/2022 at 9:30 PM, ruxpin said:

Do you actually even follow hockey?

Great move by Adams.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Comrie was once expected to be a great starting goalie. This is a good move for Buffalo. He's been stuck behind Hellebuyck,  who is elite and never really given a shot

10 hours ago, yave1964 said:

No. He still sucks. Come May Edmonton will be fighting for the cup and Comrie will be looking for a new job probably in the KHL. He sucks just won a meaningless game in October that nobody will remember in a month. 

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

@yave1964 was probably a touch harsh in his take, but I essentially agree with him. Comrie is 27 years old, has bounced around from organization to organization, been waived repeatedly, and has never been able to play more than 1 or 2 games per year until last year. He had the game of his life last night, and he can proudly tell his Grandchildren about it some day, but this isn't him rounding the corner to becoming a reliable goalie.

At the same age, and with more stability in his career up until that point, Ben Scrivens pitched a 59 save shutout against the powerhouse Sharks. Nice game, hell of a job. He was still in the KHL in a couple of years.

I know we all love heckling HJ, but I saw some future greatness in Comrie years ago and felt he was held back being behind Hellboy. Hellboy being my favorite goalie in the league and all and Elite workhorse, yeah Comrie isn't going to get a chance in Winnipeg, no more than any understudy of Vasilievski would get a ton of chances.

Winnipeg reclaimed him at every opportunity after he was stolen on waivers. Detroit only used him when they had injury issues with Howard or Bernier as a band aid and then sent him to the minors, where Winnipeg reclaimed him. Then he was taken by jersey, who used him as a band aid and Winnipeg immediately reclaimed him from Waivers.

Winnipeg SUCKED last year pretty bad, but Comrie still won 10 games, lost 5 and had a 92% Sv. I was pretty happy to see him go to a team where he would get a shot at #1 goalie status

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I like Comrie. I think he was a good pickup.

I know many Jets fans that loved Comrie, including some, like my sister and brother in law, who felt he should have gotten the starter job over Helly. That's an extreme position, I will admit, but there's something that people see in Comrie that they really like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Yeah I was trolling. Comrie isn't the worst tender alive. Fine me twenty halibut and force me to spend a night in a lumina.....

Just imagine if they were to win in Calgary tonight!  I know.  Its asking a lot and Anderson will be thrown to the Lions.  Ah, the Lumina is ancient history.  I am now driving a brand new 22 Equinox, loaded.  Halibut?  $20 for two frozen steaks.  I ran into a guy in Newark airport that had one on the plane that he caught in Alaska.  One fish is worth a ton of money.  

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 7:31 AM, yave1964 said:

A bit harsh pal.  Now I do not pretend to know his history, in fact, had not heard of him before this year.  But so far so good.  

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 4:25 AM, yave1964 said:

Yeah I was trolling. Comrie isn't the worst tender alive. Fine me twenty halibut and force me to spend a night in a lumina.....

How can your second favorite team be the Blue Jackets?  I have been watching hockey since 1967.  I find it strange. pal

On 10/19/2022 at 3:55 PM, JR Ewing said:

Just a touch harsh.  Unreal.  So where did Comrie come from?  Was he a starter somewhere before?  I am guessing in the West because I am not familiar with him.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

How can your second favorite team be the Blue Jackets?  I have been watching hockey since 1967.  I find it strange. pal

I love just north of Columbus and my wife and youngest daughter have a partial season ticket plan for the bluejackets. Fun young team with seriously good prospects.

Although I miss my family and friends in Rochester, I am just thankful I am no longer living in WNY to have a front row seat for the success of the Sabres and Bills.

Buffalo sports fans were obnoxious when their teams sucked, I can’t imagine how much worse they are now that their teams are good. 

2 hours ago, radoran said:

We have no interest in Comrie.

Flyers' Bob Clarke throws shade at Penguins, other NHL tankers - Broad ...

Those are the words of Robert Plant in "When the Levee Breaks", the song they played when they announced the Buffalo show in 77 was canceled due to the death of Roberts son.  I saw them months earlier in Landover MD.  

54 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Although I miss my family and friends in Rochester, I am just thankful I am no longer living in WNY to have a front row seat for the success of the Sabres and Bills.

Buffalo sports fans were obnoxious when their teams sucked, I can’t imagine how much worse they are now that their teams are good. 

Oh they are going nuts.  You lived in Greece, and I just left there.  Latta Rd.  I hate Greece.  No wonder you left.  I stay on the East side

7 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Oh they are going nuts.  You lived in Greece, and I just left there.  Latta Rd.  I hate Greece.  No wonder you left.  I stay on the East side

slightly mistaken HJ, I was in Spencerport Ogden area.

Enjoy good sports teams!

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

slightly mistaken HJ, I was in Spencerport Ogden area.

Enjoy good sports teams!

Thats right.  My mistake.  Near Gates, Chili.  To those who are not from here, like 99% of this forum, it on west side of Rochester.  The best places to live here, and the prices back it up, are Pittsford, Penfield, Perinton which includes the village of Fairport that made Forbes list of best 100 places to live in USA.  

"all things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia"  referring to Sanifan

image.png.0a768402e6056a3cc401b3926952f995.png

• Good Post 1

38 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Add Calgary to the list of Comrie's victims!  Maybe he is the second coming of Hasek?  LOL.  Remember how the Blackhawks felt letting Hasek go?

I'm old enough to remember when Malcolm Subban, Dustin Tokarski, Carter Hutton, Anders Nilsson, Robin Lehner, Linus Ullmark, Anders Lindback, Jhonas Enroth, Patrick Lalime, and Ty Conklin were once upon a time "maybe the next Hasek?"

Comrie is far more likely to be keeping the crease warm for UPL.

:hocky:

Edited by radoran

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

The Sabres still arent any good. They always win like eight of their first eleven and then still finish at or near the bottom.

The Bills tho, man a great regular season team. Their kryptonite is they have no real running game other than their quarterback which when they have a home playoff game in January always seems to bite them in the rear.....

• Good Post 1