2 weeks, 2 months or career ending

Samifan

36 minutes ago, radoran said:

All Flyers players heal faster than other players.

Until they don't.

Fletcher: “If his injury doesn’t heal in 12 months, then we will reevaluate the need for surgery….🤪

Any idea what’s wrong with Cam?

It's just more of the lies and propaganda...

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/sean-couturiers-back-injury-takes-him-ice-flyers-center-ways-away

Wondering if Tippett will be the next concussion sufferer put back into the lineup too soon tonight.

And, to top it off, they claim another "player"(absolute first round bust) that's not even capable of playing at an AHL level, let alone the NHL level.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-claim-islanders-kieffer-bellows-nhl-waivers

What really worries me about Atkinson is that the coach doesn't even know what's wrong with him as Schmuck won't let him know. That's got all sorts of red flags there. Like I m mentioned previously, if I'm the union rep for the Flyers, I'm filling a grievance with the NHLPA immediately to get to the bottom of the injury situation, just how many players have been cleared from injury to only end up hurt again and why there's so much radio silence.  The fact that nobody is saying anything indicates a major problem with the health care provided by the Flyers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

You're believing what's being said to microphones.  Of course he knows Atkinson's diagnoses, as well as every other injury on the roster.  But, they are clearly just regurgitating their propaganda scripts given to them by the masters to the microphones.

There really isn't an organization, with the front office ego of this organization, that would be releasing the truth known about these players, when it only points to more incompetence among the management of this organization.  Whether there is any bit of malpractice here can't be determined by what is being said to the microphones.  Maybe there is, maybe there isn't.  But, whether it's the case certainly isn't proven simply because they aren't releasing the truth about the diagnoses learned.

I'm looking at everything through the eyes of a union steward (I was a former union steward for six years). Everything this organization says has red flags all over it. It would be nothing for the union representative for this team to get on the phone with the chief steward and start an investigation. What gets me is why isn't the union representative on top of this? I'm more than willing to bet that the collective bargaining agreement has been broken by management and ownership as it pertains to health and safety and the union representative should be investigating (I think JVR is the union rep). Yeah, there's definitely all sorts of red flags here. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Again, you're making this determination from what you're being told by reporters.  What's being said to microphones most definitely is absolute not the same information that's being given to any union rep.  And, if you were any sort of union steward that has the type of media spotlight on it such as the NHL does, you'd probably realize that's the reality of the situation here.  It's just more of the lies and propaganda being given to the microphones.  But, to believe that's the same information being given to other internal sources like management, coaches, union reps, etc simply isn't realistic in any way, shape or form here.

That's why you investigate. I understand what's being said in the media. I also understand what's being said behind closed doors. I also see over $19 million of salary on the sidelines with major injuries and it's "WTF is going on here" and the first thing that I don't see is accountability. I also don't see any sort of competent recovery plan and I don't see ownership of the injury issues. The one thing that a grievance would do is force the Flyers to open up and show what's going on behind closed doors and if it's bad enough (once again, $19 million in salary on the sidelines with major injuries and no recovery plan or timeline in place), that could mean a MAJOR overhaul. Maybe I'm thinking to much about this, but something isn't sitting right about this. There's definitely incompetence, but I'm willing to bet that if someone were to do a bit of digging, they'd probably find negligence as well. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The one thing that a grievance would do is force the Flyers to open up and show what's going on behind closed doors and if it's bad enough (once again, $19 million in salary on the sidelines with major injuries and no recovery plan or timeline in place), that could mean a MAJOR overhaul.

I hear what you're saying and hear what you're hoping to be true.  But, it's simply not reality.  There's absolutely nothing in the CBA that would cause a union grievance to "force" any NHL team to open up and be honest with media and fans.  Again, maybe it could "cause"(a much different situation than "force") an organization with a front office, that doesn't have the egos among it that the Flyers organization has, to release more information regarding what's going on behind closed doors.  Unfortunately, that's just not reality when it comes to this organization's front office.  A grievance might cause a situation where a major overhaul could occur.  But, again, you're assuming there's malpractice and mismanagement here simply because of what's being reported by the media.  It's not difficult to understand this and to understand that it's possible that what's going on behind closed doors is exactly why a grievance isn't warranted and isn't being filed.

Injuries happen in sports.  The amount of money in salaries that they happen to has absolute no relevance to any discussion of whether a union grievance is warranted or not.  Again, I'm not saying either way if a grievance is warranted or not.  Simply because the only information is the propaganda and lies that are being given to the media.  Are there red flags?  Sure.  But, those are red flags because it is lies and propaganda.  And, it's not like this is suddenly a new situation that's risen regarding this organization.

Aside from all of that, even if a grievance were filed regarding this organization, I doubt we'd hear anything more about it other than it being filed.  There's simply nothing in the CBA to "force" the truth to be released to the media and fans.

10 hours ago, Howie58 said:

There is some discussion about Coots' injuries being career threatening, according to the Hockey Guy.  That's another humdinger. 

Yeah I think it's safe to say Couturier won't be playing anytime soon. He's no longer skating and there's no timetable.

I wish I knew why the Flyers have so much trouble rehabbing their players. This has been going on forever. Maybe McCrossin deserves the lion's share of the blame IDK. All I do know is that Sean Couturier is, or was, the Flyers' marquee player. At 29 they handed him an 8 year contract for chrissakes. So he starts last year obviously struggling with his movement and 14 months later they're still at the WTF/evaluation stage? I know rehab isn't an exact science but 14 months?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

32 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

At 29 they handed him an 8 year contract for chrissakes.

Makes you think they would take care of their important assets better.

Never seen anything like it since i have been watching sports as a wee lad.

When does it stop?

• Like 1

And JVR trying his best to make him untradeable as if his play isn't enough.

The fact this team is atop the Metro is just down right laughable to me it really is.

But this is a try hard team and i give Torts his props to squeeze this much out this roster.

And if Hart can drag them to the playoffs well it has to be good for Hart's psyche.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The fact this team is atop the Metro is just down right laughable to me it really is.

But this is a try hard team and i give Torts his props to squeeze this much out this roster.

It's not NOT laughable.

The team is playing well. Other teams aren't.

They are taking advantage of opportunity which is good. Torts has been as advertised.

I think the adversity of losing Couturier, Ellis, and Atkinson has actually been good for them in the short term. They've been able to play to overcome adversity as underdogs with house money.

Still a long season ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

It's not NOT laughable.

Too you maybe but to me it is they still have their Keystone Kop moments and have long stretches of not playing well and chasing the play yet here they sit at the top.

The team is playing well.

Sure in parts.

Other teams aren't.

Can't do anything about that no one cares when they beat the Flyers when they aren't playing good.

In the words of infamous Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!!!"

And the Flyers just keep plugging away. Keep grinding.

They are taking advantage of opportunity which is good. Torts has been as advertised.

Yes. It has been what i have wanted since (insert name)....

I think the adversity of losing Couturier, Ellis, and Atkinson has actually been good for them in the short term. They've been able to play to overcome adversity as underdogs with house money.

Again we agree.

Still a long season ahead.

Exactly so let's enjoy it because we never know how long it will last and we (or at least most of us know) they will never suck enough to get Bedard.

It will take a Nolan Patrick-like magic for that to happen.

This is a lunch pail team right now punch above their weight.

Seems like a true Philly type team winning when they shouldn't maybe.

Off to watch some college football.

Cheers!!!!

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Too you maybe but to me it is they still have their Keystone Kop moments and have long stretches of not playing well and chasing the play yet here they sit at the top.

Sure in parts.

Can't do anything about that no one cares when they beat the Flyers when they aren't playing good.

In the words of infamous Herm Edwards "You play to win the game!!!"

And the Flyers just keep plugging away. Keep grinding.

Yes. It has been what i have wanted since (insert name)....

Again we agree.

Exactly so let's enjoy it because we never know how long it will last and we (or at least most of us know) they will never suck enough to get Bedard.

It will take a Nolan Patrick-like magic for that to happen.

This is a lunch pail team right now punch above their weight.

Seems like a true Philly type team winning when they shouldn't maybe.

Off to watch some college football.

Cheers!!!!

Hmmmm....I feel you two are arguing the same points

🍻

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Again we agree

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Hmmmm....I feel you two are arguing the same points

🍻

This place isn't always about contradiction.

Any more.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 2