Game 45: Anaheim Ducks at Philadelphia Flyers; 1/17/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Anaheim: $43M in cap space next season

Flyers: $8M

Anaheim: legit top 3 pick contenders

Flyers: making a case for 9/10

Thoughts on who's on a better position to "turn things around"?

Sheldon Cooper Reaction GIF by CBS

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow so Ersson is 5-0.

Not knocking the kid for being 5-0 because good for him. But 2 games against Anaheim, 1 the Yotes, 1 Buffalo and 1 the Sharks....none of these are good teams. 

But hopefully he's for real.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I admit it is a good problem to have but Chuck scares me of any trades he may try to pull off.

As had many have said he will look at this as a chance to make the playoffs and will in turn try to add for a shot for the playoffs instead of purging players for picks/prospects.

Felix is a UFA at seasons end and should be move regardless by the deadline hopefully for a 3rd or a prospect which should be reasonable since he was a 3rd rounder himself.

But the Flyers need to be a team removing players/contracts and not adding them unless they are young and for the future moving forward.

As i said very nervous of what they will let Chuck do before he is fired...

Occ:

I agree--CF isscary as architect.  Thanks for reminding me of his UFA status--even more reason for a trade.  And if it is a pick, so be it.  

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Not knocking the kid for being 5-0 because good for him. But 2 games against Anaheim, 1 the Yotes, 1 Buffalo and 1 the Sharks....none of these are good teams. 

But hopefully he's for real.

Well it impresses me for the simple fact he has only played 23 AHL games and only 7 in the pros and only 23 years old so not much time transitioning to the smaller ice with this very suspect team in front of him.

Very well done. But he will only ruin the chances of getting a top draft pick.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

ie the Sabres if they try to waive him again.

Sabres already carrying three goalies and have Lou Conan as their potential starter going forward.

I think Sandstrom has a good chance to get snabbed, but I don't think it's Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Sabres already carrying three goalies and have Lou Conan as their potential starter going forward.

I think Sandstrom has a good chance to get snabbed, but I don't think it's Buffalo.

That is the perfect reason to claim Sandstrom though all they have to do is claim Sandstrom and waive a Anderson and bury him in the AHL and go with the younger Felix.

The only requirement is they will have to carry Felix on the roster for 30 days before they can/could waive him.

Anderson cap hit is 1.5 mill and Sandstrom is 775K and well i can see them eating 500K for Felix and improving the goal because Anderson is 800 years old and not signed beyond this season.

For example even the Ducks Felix would be worth the gamble over Stolarz. It really depends on if any scouts think Felix can help and improve over what they already have on their roster. I just don't want to lose Felix for free.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But he will only ruin the chances of getting a top draft pick.

Ran ten simulations on tankathon just now. In three they stayed at nine, in six they lost ground and picked 10 or 11, and in one they got #2.

doctor strangelove GIF

• Uggh... 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

even the Ducks Felix would be worth the gamble over Stolarz.

Right, and the Ducks are ahead in the waiver wire.

Buffalo's right next to the Flyers(!)

I could see any of the dregs of the West taking a shot.

Just now, radoran said:

Right, and the Ducks are ahead in the waiver wire.

Buffalo's right next to the Flyers(!)

I could see any of the dregs of the West taking a shot.

That is why i am waiving someone else and keeping 3 goalies. 

Or just sending Ersson back down who is waiver exempt regardless of his performance and then Ersson can prepare to get the Phantoms hopefully finally into the playoffs.

Felix can just fill in till the deadline trade him for example a 3rd and just in turn recall Grosenick for the remainder of the season.

But we are talking about Chuck so knowing him he'll package Felix with a 3rd (from Panthers because they don't have their own 3rd and well they also don't have a 2nd rounder to give) for a 30 year old center for a playoff push. Cause defiantly a playoff team...

:hocky:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn how do you send this kid down and bring Sandstrom back up because Felix was down for a stint to get back into playing form.

To me this is simple, Ersson is waiver exempt. 

If Hart is the man, and I think he is a franchise goalie, then he's playing most of the games anyway.

Sandstrom will not clear waivers. He's good enough that I wouldn't want to lose him for nothing. 

So if it were me, I'd make sure Felix tweeks his hammy every month, so he can go to the A and rehab it. *winks- shify eyes*

I tell Ersson he's a valuable part of the team going forward and not to take being sent down personally.

For the first time that I can remember the Flyers have decent depth at goaltender. I try like hell to keep it that way. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

To me this is simple, Ersson is waiver exempt. 

Yes to me it is this simple but simple eludes Chuck most times so i'm nervous as always.

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Sandstrom will not clear waivers. He's good enough to that I wouldn't want to lose him for nothing. 

Exactly Chuck can't be that dumb right??? @flyercanuck do NOT answer that question.

I really really want the kids on the Phantoms to get a playoff run and Ersson with them will do good things for the future.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's on topic bruh this was before the game it is all over the media why you have a problem with the Flyers and this discussion??

Start a thread on it and keep the politics out.

Address hockey questions.

You know this would flame up in a heartbeat.

Hell, you're holding the petrol.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes to me it is this simple but simple eludes Chuck most times so i'm nervous as always.

Exactly Chuck can't be that dumb right??? @flyercanuck do NOT answer that question.

I really really want the kids on the Phantoms to get a playoff run and Ersson with them will do good things for the future.

Let Ersson go to the Phantoms and play lots of games and hopefully a long playoff run. He's winning too many games in Philly and ruining our draft position.

We can also get a real good look at Sandstrom and if he plays well, his trade value increases. 

1 minute ago, radoran said:

And I'm the match. I'm restraining myself from chiming in. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, radoran said:

Jesus Christ bro it why you have to be so sensitive. It is about the game why do you get to dictate what about the game we talk about?

So getting so butt hurt maybe.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jesus Christ bro it why you have to be so sensitive. It is about the game why do you get to dictate what about the game we talk about?

So getting so butt hurt maybe.

No you can talk about it but when you add in superfluous bull it's not talking about the issue, it's talking past it to make cheap political points.

You know this to be true.

And the term "Global Moderator" gives me the responsibility here.

You want to go rant about this elsewhere, go ahead. I've had discussions on other forums about it

Rules are rules and until I'm told otherwise, I'll enforce them.

Edited by radoran

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Sure it's got to be because it's your opinion.

Look if you don't want to discuss the topic then don't but we were talking about it and noone was disrespecting anyone and it was civil so why can you stay out of it if you can't handle others opinions?

But no you can't you have to try to start something.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Sure it's got to be because it's your opinion.

Look if you don't want to discuss the topic then don't but we were talking about it and noone was disrespecting anyone and it was civil so why can you stay out of it if you can't handle others opinions?

But no you can't you have to try to start something.

Didn't "start" anything.

Ended something.

Them's the rules.

Praying won't help you

Crying won't do you no good.

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

No you can talk about it but when you add in superfluous bull it's not talking about the issue, it's talking past it to make cheap political points.

And the term "Global Moderator" gives me the responsibility here.

You want to go rant about this elsewhere, go ahead. I've had discussions on other forums about it

Rules are rules and until I'm told otherwise, I'll enforce them.

Greetings:

I commented on this subject by responding to Occ's question and tried to answer it in a factual manner with no social commentary.  Repeating what was said earlier, Comcast allowed for a "Big Tent" approach.  Ivan had his say, Comcast had its say, the game was played and that's about it.  This "incident" was before the game.  As such, it is fair game.  But I respect Rad's efforts to maintain civility.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

Didn't "start" anything.

Ended something.

Them's the rules.

Praying won't help you

Crying won't do you no good.

So what you want is for us to start another thread so you can hide it?

Why bother.

Enjoy your flex bro. Lol.

Just now, Howie58 said:

Repeating what was said earlier, Comcast allowed for a "Big Tent" approach.  Ivan had his say, Comcast had its say, the game was played and that's about it.  This "incident" was before the game.  As such, it is fair game. 

The topic is fair game.

How the topic is addressed is not.

There are "hockey" related issues here and this is a "hockey" forum.

Discuss those (as you are) but keep superfluous nonsense out of the discussion.

"My political pet issue" is not part of the "hockey" discussion. You want to pet that issue? There are many places to do so.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

So what you want is for us to start another thread so you can hide it?

If you want to tie this incident to (whatever outrage machine of the day) then, yes.

If you want to talk about the HOCKEY implications of the incident, have at it.

Edited by radoran