NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Toronto wins series 4-2)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Leafs sweep in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6*
    • Leafs in 7
    • Bolts sweep in 4
    • Bolts in 5
    • Bolts in 6
    • Bolts in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

LOL...Idiot. McCabe.

Corey Perry gave him a shove as the refs blew the whistle, KNOWING it was gonna piss off McCabe...McCabe gave Perry a shot as Corey stood there, took his medicine, then walked away.

Classic agitator bait n hook.

Perry may be a first class a-hole on the ice, but right now, his a-holeness is working for the Lightning there.
McCabe may not want to check his emails....I hear Nigerians are still looking for suckers on their bank scams... :shifty: 

You can watch baseball and hockey for long stretches of your life and still see new things.

I don’t recall ever seeing a delayed DOUBLE minor, much less one that results in an immediate score resulting in a single minor after the goal.

Just now, SaucyJack said:

You can watch baseball and hockey for long stretches of your life and still see new things.

I don’t recall ever seeing a delayed DOUBLE minor, much less one that results in an immediate score resulting in a single minor after the goal.

League's gotta come up with new and creative ways to keep people watching, don't they? :rolleyes: 

Holy Shite, I take some time off to communicate with family and come back to a 6-1 score.  I hope Toronto fans haven’t over-pinched themselves.

This really changes the thinking of when to pull Samsonov.

10 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Holy Shite, I take some time off to communicate with family and come back to a 6-1 score.  I hope Toronto fans haven’t over-pinched themselves.

This really changes the thinking of when to pull Samsonov.

I certainly don't like the score, but, if I am going to look at silver linings, I will focus on, despite the loss, the Lightning are NOT behind in the series...things have just been reduced to a best of five now.

Second, everyone and their bookie it seems, expected the Leaves® to dominate at home....with the Lightning coming out with a split, I'd say they bucked some odds here.

Still 20 minutes left, and I hope my boys don't fold any tents, but as a fan, I am just preparing myself mentally for a 1-1 series that shifts to Amalie Arena in Tampa for the next two games.

Leaves® fans really ARE foreign to success, aren't they?

We got fans trying to reach over into the TB penalty boxes, talking crap over the glass to the players.
Your team is up 6-2, you are getting the better of the defending Eastern Champions in THIS GAME....settle down, enjoy the win.
Don't act like you've won ANYTHING for the last half century.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 9:16 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bunting OVERDID it now...
He elbows Erik Cernak in the head, is being given a 5 minute major.

Being reviewed, but if the Lightning end up with a 5 min PP, they better come up with at least two!

%$#@ you, Bunting...

Leafs show up and now its on.  I still like Toronto to win this series and maybe go to the finals. 

On 4/19/2023 at 6:06 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bottom line:
Bucs beat the Argonauts :ph34r: 

Damn and now the Argonauts only scored one TD.

And the Bucs only got a safety another very low scoring game.

lol

:hocky:

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Series Tied 1-1)

Without question, Game 3 is the biggest victory in Ilya Samsonov’s career.  (He did his part in the first half of the OT when Tampa Bay had at least two glorious chances thwarted.)

• Like 1

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Toronto leads series 2-1)

I know no one feels sorry for the Lightning (why should they, right?), but for Bolts fans, yesterday was a heart wrenching loss for sure.

Point gets blasted and scared the crap out of fans thinking, "Oh no...here we go again from last year!"...although he DID come back (and played well after!).
I felt the Lightning outplayed the Leaves® most of this game and had TONS more chances generated late...

But that tying goal with 60 seconds left in the game......ouch, ouch, OUCH!
Ian Cole did a HORRIBLE job taking on Ryan O'Rielly in the crease area, leaving ROR to basically do whatever he wanted with the puck in front of Vasilevskiy!

And of course, despite all the chances, all the pressure the Bolts put on Toronto, it was a lousy, fluttering, goofy 65 mph shot that sails past the Lightning netminder for the game winner.

I kep thinking, "All these chances the Lightning are getting, and they aren't getting one past Samsonov.....something crazy is gonna happen, something seeimingly innocuous that will go Toronto's way...."
And it did.

We still got a series of course, but from the Bolts' point of view, Game 3 was a huge missed opportunity!

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I know no one feels sorry for the Lightning (why should they, right?), but for Bolts fans, yesterday was a heart wrenching loss for sure.

Point gets blasted and scared the crap out of fans thinking, "Oh no...here we go again from last year!"...although he DID come back (and played well after!).
I felt the Lightning outplayed the Leaves® most of this game and had TONS more chances generated late...

But that tying goal with 60 seconds left in the game......ouch, ouch, OUCH!
Ian Cole did a HORRIBLE job taking on Ryan O'Rielly in the crease area, leaving ROR to basically do whatever he wanted with the puck in front of Vasilevskiy!

And of course, despite all the chances, all the pressure the Bolts put on Toronto, it was a lousy, fluttering, goofy 65 mph shot that sails past the Lightning netminder for the game winner.

I kep thinking, "All these chances the Lightning are getting, and they aren't getting one past Samsonov.....something crazy is gonna happen, something seeimingly innocuous that will go Toronto's way...."
And it did.

We still got a series of course, but from the Bolts' point of view, Game 3 was a huge missed opportunity!

My heart sank when Point skated away after the hit and dropped the way he did. I was really worried for him at the moment, and was so glad when he came out. We all know that an NHL player returning could mean that he's still injured, but I was glad to see that he could still play. The Leafs won the game, but I thought that Tampa outclassed them for the vast majority of the game.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 1: Toronto (A2) vs. Tampa Bay (A3) - (Toronto leads series 3-1)

Toronto is going to win this series.  Did you not see this coming when my young Sabres beat them last two?  Tampa I mean.  The Leafs have weapons.  Formidable ones.  This is the team Boston should fear. I have future wagers on both Leafs and Boston meeting Vegas in the final. Yes, I believe Vegas is the best in the West.  What a gutsy win by Toronto being down 4-1 and coming back to throttle the has been Tampa team.  Go to the beach Cooper.  Ill see you there.

Leaves® and Lightning trade two quick goals in the opening period.

Understandably, the broadcast teams are continually going on and on about how long it's been for Toronto, and truly, these broadcasts almost have a feel like "it's over" already....Toronto has exorcised one big demon.

Maybe. Perhaps. Could be.
But, I would love it if the defending Eastern Champions put everyone on ice at least one more game and get this thing back to Amalie Arena.

Leaves® looking strong, but the Bolts also look like they aren't ready to hit the golf courses yet.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bolts also look like they aren't ready to hit the golf courses yet.

They had as many chances to score as Toronto on the Leafs power play early in the 3rd.

This quadrant of the draw (with Boston and Florida) is just Murderer’s Row.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bolts also look like they aren't ready to hit the golf courses yet.

Marner missing the clear breakaway a good omen for Tampa Bay.

….and now Sammy thwarts what looked like a sure Stamkos missile from all alone in the slot.

Can’t fault the goalies in this 3rd period.

Edited by SaucyJack