Round 1, Game 2: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Wednesday 4-19-23, 8:30pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

17 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Poor guy behind the lady with the goal light helmet having to see that on all night in front of him. 😅

She's Hintz's mother, which is kind of strange because those stupid light helmet are so typical canadian.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

IF MAF lets in more than another goal, I do NOT expect to see him again unless Gus gets injured.  We can pick up a couple if we get some energy back and get some shots.

7 goals in his net are horrible stats for the playoffs goalie. He should be send to play golf now. Enough for him. Better to use as a backup now or Wallstedt or Jones. Embarrassing score frustrated the team. 

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yes, that seems to be the reasoning.
Evason still will get the goalie questions though....you know that as well as I.

Wild just back two goals!
Still behind, but the Wild are showing a serious set of b@#%$!

Cmon Fleury....don't give up anymore, dammit...your team is scratching and clawing their way back!

Evason will be fired if we will not pass 1st round. I just was shocked after listening his  postgame interview. He said he did not make a decision who will play in game#3 Gustavsson or Fleury. He said Feury did big saves in game#2. And goals were not on him.

7 goals. Wow. Why he did not replace Fleury after 4 goals on our net? Then we had a chance to compete. We are not a Penguins team which was capable to place 8-9 goals in 1 playoffs game.

11 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Evason will be fired if we will not pass 1st round. I just was shocked after listening his  postgame interview. He said he did not make a decision who will play in game#3 Gustavsson or Fleury. He said Feury did big saves in game#2. And goals were not on him.

7 goals. Wow. Why he did not replace Fleury after 4 goals on our net? Then we had a chance to compete. We are not a Penguins team which was capable to place 8-9 goals in 1 playoffs game.

If you have watched Fleury's  reaction to the first goals he's allowed in different games, you should have seen it was going to be a long night.

On good nights he shrugs it off, on bad nights he gets upset.

As Mark Messier said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

IMG_6680.jpeg

Didn't want to hit the Like button as it is unfortunate for him and the Stars but obviously good for us. 

Ran some errands this am and was listening to KFAN and whoever was giving his take on game 2 and in general made some quality comments.
One thing about starting Fleury GM 2 was that they didn't want to make a mistake like last year sitting Talbot for so long then calling on him after not playing for 2 weeks.
Basically get Fleury into PO playing time which that part I agree. Should we have stayed with Gus? Sure, But Dallas was going to play their game and come out strong and if Gus got scored on (let's say 4+)
And we lost, Who'd start the all important gm 3? 
We still came out of Dallas with a win and that's usually the goal.
Gus should start GM 3 for sure.
Oh, The commentator this am was LaPanta 😁
He actually sounded reasonable in his analysis.

41 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm 0% trolling here, but not playing Gustavsson after game 1 is one of the most idiotic decisions I've seen a coach make in all of the years I've been watching this sport.

I don't think you'll find too many Wild fans disagreeing with you on that.

I know Evason gave his reasoning for the switch...double OT game previously, the thought that Dallas may come out like wolves (they did!), and not wanting to burn out the young netiminder physically and mentally...NOT to mention, wanting him fresh as can be for Game 3 at home...but this is the freakin playoffs!

You go with the goalie that has proven they can shut the other team down, not only in the regular season but in freakin Game 1!

I didn't watch any post game conferences for the Wild because I was cringing already with the questions about goaltending the Wild head coach was likely gonna get!

With all due respect to Fleury's veteran status and his past accomplishments, this team SHOULD be Gustavsson's team.
At 24, Gus is showing the kind of poise you'd see from a prime Fleury, or a Vasilevskiy, or anyone else who has some serious time in these playoff big moments.

Not saying Gustavsson is as good as those guys, that will still remain to be seen, but what he has given the team so far? Looks damned good and the coach needs to ride that as far as he can!

Whether you're a Wild fan, a Stars fan, neutral to this series, analyst, color commentator, broadcaster; the very first thing coming into your mind when you heard that Fleury would start was "What ?!?!?!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomdog said:

If you have watched Fleury's  reaction to the first goals he's allowed in different games, you should have seen it was going to be a long night.

On good nights he shrugs it off, on bad nights he gets upset.

As Mark Messier said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And how many times he broke his stick during the regular season last year and this year right after bad games? Not a good sign.

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26@MathYeah, there's no way to win in this scenario. If Fleury plays well, Evason starts a goalie controversy. If Fleury gets blown out, Evason needlessly makes himself the focus. Really dumb.

Hope Evason will focus exclusively on Gustavsson till the end of these series. Fleury had a full chance last year playoffs season and one game this playoffs season. That is enough. We are not a high scoring team like Oilers do. Especially during playoffs. We depend mainly on outstanding consistent goalie play and solid defense by entire team in front of him. 

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm 0% trolling here, but not playing Gustavsson after game 1 is one of the most idiotic decisions I've seen a coach make in all of the years I've been watching this sport.

Agree. Their goaltender Ottinger was able to play game #2 after such a difficult game#1 for him, but Gustavsson not after Evason strange decision. Gustavsson GAA is one of the best in a league. Why should not give him a chance to prove it during playoffs? Next 2 our home games will be crucial for our team. We must to win them both. With Gustavsson we have a chance to win them. Hopefully in regulation in front of our fans. Reaves and Foligno should take very close control of Suter and Benn. No question both games should be very physical for us and focused on helping Gustavsson as well.

• Like 1