NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Florida (WC) - (Florida wins series 4-0)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals: Carolina (M1) vs. Toronto (A2) or Florida (WC)  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Hurricanes sweeps in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4*
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Slavin has to do a better job getting that puck up out the zone...cost them the game.

Went to bed with the game still on what a great start to this series.

4 OTs almost a 5th. Wow.

What if Brent Burns had just shot the puck behind his net to the other end of the boards? Or just held on to the puck? We would have had a fifth overtime.

Edited by NHL HHOF

Patric Hornqvist played only 22 games for the Florida Panthers this season. He's on injured reserve. If Florida wins the Stanley Cup, I don't think they win put his name on it and give him a ring. I think he will have to petition. He won two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2016 and 2017.

5 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

What if Brent Burns had just shot the puck behind his net to the other end of the boards?

Would have been a better option for sure...live and learn.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

C'mon bro it was the right call.

wow you really think so? Okay. I thought Drury made the contact happen and White did all he could to avoid Freddie. Took another 3 periods but at least it came out right in the end!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

wow you really think so? Okay.

Incidental no penalty or anything it happens but yes he should be allowed to a clear chance to make a save. My 2 cents.

I like King Henry's explanation here (off subject) but just to add....

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I've seen the play that BRENT BURNS made so many times, and the result is always the other team scoring.

• Like 1

Do the Carolina Hurricanes have any players on injured reserve who have won the Stanley Cup? I'm talking about players who didn't play enough games in the regular season to be considered as Stanley Cup champions if their team wins this season.

12 PAST STANLEY CUP WINNERS IN THE 2023 NHL PLAYOFFS SEMI-FINALS

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

1. 2012 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
2. 2012 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
3. 2014 - Jonathan Quick - Los Angeles Kings
4. 2014 - Alec Martinez - Los Angeles Kings
5. 2016 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
6. 2017 - Phil Kessel - Pittsburgh Penguins
7. 2018 - Chandler Stephenson - Washington Capitals
8. 2019 - Alex Pietrangelo - St. Louis Blues
9. 2019 - Ivan Barbashev - St. Louis Blues

DALLAS STARS

1. 2011 - Tyler Seguin - Boston Bruins

CAROLINA HURRICANES

1. 2009 - Jordan Staal - Pittsburgh Penguins
2. 2015 - Teuvo Teravainen - Chicago Blackhawks

FLORIDA PANTHERS

1. 2006 - Eric Staal - Carolina Hurricanes
2. 2016 - Patric Hornqvist - Pittsburgh Penguins
3. 2017 - Patric Hornqvist - Pittsburgh Penguins
4. 2020 - Carter Verhaeghe - Tampa Bay Lightning

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

There was only 12 seconds left. He could have just held on to the puck and went around the net, or held it on the board with his stick and feet and fought over it with a Florida player. I'm just saying, even though I want Florida to win.

• Like 1

I only watched 3 periods of game one.

Every minute I watched was maybe the best hockey game I ever saw.

Great plays being made everywhere, saves, moves, hits, every inch of ice was contested and the speed of the game was breathtaking.

So much skill and toughness on these two rosters. 

Earlier in this thread someone said this series is a nightmare for the league. 

To me this series has been 7 periods of what is great about our sport. It will be a proper showcase, f-big markets...these two teams are a JOY to watch.

And that's just game 1

• Like 1

Another great hockey game. Florida is playing very much like the 2012 LA Kings. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if they win Game 2. If the 'Canes had Svechnikov, maybe Game 1 is a different story...who knows? I'm picking Aho for Carolina, to win this in OT. (If it's Florida, I'll go with Matt Tkachuk..never a bad pick.) FLA OT Power play.

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Florida is playing very much like the 2012 LA Kings.

And their results very much remind me of the 1993 Montreal Canadiens (who beat Gretzky in his one Cup chance as an LA King.)

The Panthers are now 6-0 in OT these playoffs.  In ‘93, after an early first round game loss in OT to their rivals Les Nordiques, Montreal won something like 10 straight OT games along the way to the Cup.  (Unconscious they were, as The Cats are now.)

Perhaps Florida is studying 30-year old film !?

• Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

And their results very much remind me of the 1993 Montreal Canadiens (who beat Gretzky in his one Cup chance as an LA King.)

The Panthers are now 6-0 in OT these playoffs.  In ‘93, after an early first round game loss in OT to their rivals Les Nordiques, Montreal won something like 10 straight OT games along the way to the Cup.  (Unconscious they were, as The Cats are now.)

Perhaps Florida is studying 30-year old film !?

I think they very well might be. Eric Desjardins had the hat trick against the Kings. I remember that. Bob is Roy-like right now. He's been tremendous. 

Edited by FD19372

14 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Tkachuk!

He’s the “It Guy” now, ain’t he?

As a kid, before my decade-long stint away from watching hockey, the unrelated Walt Tkaczuk (different spelling) was the “It Guy” for a good chunk of a year, 1972 if I recall.  He was the big scoring threat as the New York Rangers got off the floor of the Original Six division and contended against the Orrs, Espositos, Beliveaus, and Hulls of that era.

So no mystery that someone (Eddie Olczyk, I heard) started nicknaming the Tkachuk clan “Walt”, starting with Matthew’s dad Keith.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure WTF Burns was doing here...

...game Canes feeling the pressure!

Well, Bennett was right behind him. Burns couldn't shoot the puck down to the Panthers zone. Did you want him to hold it on the boards a bit?

This is two games in a row now. Tkachuk scores the game winner after Brent Burns does what he does.