** Wild 2023 Off Season and Summer **

Jimtown guy

11 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Even if there were some big hulking types available, the Wild would still go for the finesse type of defenseman. They’d rather have a defenseman who can wave his stick around and “take away passing lanes” than a defenseman who will knock someone’s block off if they cross the blue line. 

Maxim Strbak fits that role.  I am hoping the Wild use one of their 2nd round picks on him.  Michigan State recruit.  Tom Willander is another one to watch for if we decided to take a defenseman in the 1st round.  @IllaZilla would you want to be on our podcast next week for our 'Mock' Draft show?  

They don't have the money for him.  And to be honest, I'm not that interested because he never seems happy wherever he is.  Its not like they're not giving him ice time and opportunity in Winnipeg; but the players seemed to have soured on that organization.  Still, right now...the Wild don't have the space or would have a hard time making the space to fit a Pierre-Luc Dubois let alone what else we'd have to trade to get him.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:19 AM, Jimtown guy said:

IMG_0257.jpeg

Finally some news !! 
I'm OK with having some experience to go along with what should be a young group filling in the spots on D.
Maybe Gog's will double his playing time to 40 games now? 😁

On 6/25/2023 at 12:58 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I realize Goligoski is long in the tooth, but if it means Merrill becomes the odd man out and is moved out then....WELCOME BACK Golgo! 😄

Goligoski sucks and never should've been extended and given a no movement clause to boot.  The NMC forces Guerin's hand.  I won't be heartbroken if they have to shop Merrill or even Addison, but giving a 35-year old player an NMC was just foolish.  

• Good Post 1

Joe Smith

@JoeSmithNHL

·

Jun 22

“This is my time.” Marco Rossi is spending summer in Minnesota, determined to be a full-timer with #mnwild next season. My sitdown with prized prospect on his up and down year, the outside noise/doubts, how he regained his confidence. It’s up to him now.

YIE4UAWm?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Several mock drafts have Wild taking Oshawa Generals centre Calum Ritchie in first round. He's from Brampton, Ont., 6-2, 187 lbs., reportedly strong skater. Shoots right. Had 24 goals, 35 assists for 59 pts in 59 games.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT OFF-SEASON DATES

June 27 Complete NHL 2023-24 Regular Season Schedule Announced

June 28-29 2023 NHL Draft (Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tenn.)

July 1 NHL Free Agency begins at 11 a.m. CT

July 7-9 Minnesota Wild Development Camp at TRIA Rink in Saint Paul, Minn.

July 7 “Crazy Game of Hockey” VIP Event at Pantages Theatre in Minneapolis, Minn., at 7 p.m. CT

July 8 “Crazy Game of Hockey” Celebrity Hockey Game at TRIA Rink in Saint Paul, Minn., at 12:30 p.m. CT

July 8 “Crazy Game of Hockey” Concert featuring O.A.R. and Cory Wong at Armory in Minneapolis, Minn., at 7:30 p.m. CT

July 11 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Burnsville (Minn.) Ice Center

July 13 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Veterans Memorial Community Center in Inver Grove Heights

July 18 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Aldrich Arena in Maplewood, Minn.

July 20 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Andover (Minn.) Community Center

July 25 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Rogers (Minn.) Activity Center

July 27 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series, Location TBA

August 1 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at Chaska (Minn.) High School

August 3 Minnesota Wild Street Hockey Series at St. Louis Park (Minn.) Rec Center

August 7 Minnesota Wild Road Tour at Cullen Hockey Center in Moorhead, Minn.

August 8 Minnesota Wild Road Tour at Paul Bunyan Park in Bemidji, Minn.

August 9 Minnesota Wild Road Tour at Runestone Community Center in Alexandria, Minn.

August 10 Minnesota Wild Road Tour at Red Baron Arena & Expo in Marshall, Minn.

August 25 NHL/NHLPA Tour in Stockholm, Sweden

September 12-13 NHL/NHLPA Tour in Las Vegas, Nev.

September 15-17 Minnesota Wild participates in Tom Kurvers Prospect Tournament at TRIA Rink in Saint Paul, Minn.

September 18 Wild Off The Tee golf event at The Royal Golf Club in Lake Elmo, Minn.

September 21 Minnesota Wild Training Camp Begins

September 24 Minnesota Wild first preseason game at Colorado Avalanche at Ball Arena in Denver, Colo.

MINNESOTA WILD DRAFT NOTES

First Round: 21st overall

Second Round: 53rd overall

Second Round: 64th overall (from VGK via BUF)

Third and forth round: N/A

Fifth Round: 149th overall

Sixth Round: 181st overall

Seventh Round: 213th overall 

Hoping for some nice promise from Round#2.

11 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Michael Russo just published recently our Wild 2023-24 schedule. But some Wild games (probably Nov 18;19)will be in Sweden too.

Sweden eh?
Well, I hope the players take that opportunity to try the local meatballs and lingonberries.
MUCH better than IKEA's, I am sure of it... :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Several mock drafts have Wild taking Oshawa Generals centre Calum Ritchie in first round. He's from Brampton, Ont., 6-2, 187 lbs., reportedly strong skater. Shoots right. Had 24 goals, 35 assists for 59 pts in 59 games.

I would be very happy with Ritchie, Heidt or Stenberg. One of those 3 should be available at 21.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Plays on the perimeter.  Doesn't go to the tough areas of the ice.  So a 6'2" player that plays like a smaller player.  I hope we don't draft him.  

47 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Wonder whether Swedes Klingberg, Nyquist or Sundquist getting any interest as UFAs......

Klingberg probably will although at a reduced rate I'd imagine...although it will be interesting to see what price points Nyquist and Sundqvist settle for.  The Wild won't have room for them.  Good opportunity to promote the kids and stay cheap when we have to for these next two seasons.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Michael Russo just published recently our Wild 2023-24 schedule. But some Wild games (probably Nov 18;19)will be in Sweden too.

15 back to backs, top 3 for that in the league.  Seattle only has 7 next year which is the least of any team.  

10 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Joe Smith

@JoeSmithNHL

·

Jun 22

“This is my time.” Marco Rossi is spending summer in Minnesota, determined to be a full-timer with #mnwild next season. My sitdown with prized prospect on his up and down year, the outside noise/doubts, how he regained his confidence. It’s up to him now.

YIE4UAWm?format=jpg&name=small

Meh.  What did anyone expect him to say?  I'd rather stay in Des Moines?  Or its not fair they are insisting I train in Minnesota?  He has to recognize the organization is wanting to see progress and exhibit that he has NHL potential.  Barring him looking completely in over his head at training camp he'll probably make the team next year.  Not that this is a surprise, but if he's still here by the time training camp opens my expectations are fairly low.