Trade: Flyers Trade Wade Allison to Preds for Denis Gurianov

Agree --- Yes or No  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Agree?

• Yes
    • No
    • Does it really matter?

The Philadelphia Flyers are trading forward Wade Allison to the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Denis Gurianov.

The trade was first reported by Anthony Di Marco of The Fourth Period.

Allison, 26, was drafted by the Flyers (52nd overall) in 2016.

He has spent the entire 2023-24 season in the AHL with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, recording 10 goals and seven assists in 46 games.

Across 75 career NHL games with Philadelphia spanning three seasons, Allison has 13 goals and nine assists.

Gurianov, 26, has split this season between the Predators and their AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals. In 14 games with Nashville, Gurianov recorded one goal and one assist. With Milwaukee, he had 12 goals and 18 assists over 27 games.

Across 294 career NHL games with the Dallas Stars, Montreal Canadiens, and Predators, Gurianov has accumulated 52 goals and 61 assists for a total of 113 points.

WTF??

Someone here please tell me I am wrong but Denis has always played the RW never seen him on the LW.

He is a left shot who played the RW.

Maybe I don't know about it.

@Math

Please help us with this we know you might know.

Yeah...classic change of scenery gig.  The Gurianov did OK in Dallas....then the bottom seems to have fallen out.  Well, Briere and Company must have felt it was OK.  He is 26...ehh.  

Sorry we didn't dump Johansen. 

Gurianov is fast.  He has close to 300 NHL games worth of experience.  He will add some pretty good depth for the Flyers or the Phantoms.  Allison is always hurt so I think this is a good trade.  Not a “reserve your spot on Radoran’s lawn for the parade” kind of trade but one that could really help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF??

Someone here please tell me I am wrong but Denis has always played the RW never seen him on the LW.

He is a left shot who played the RW.

Maybe I don't know about it.

@Math

Please help us with this we know you might know.

Yeap you're right, Gurianov has always played on the right.

His main force is his speed. Very fast skater. He has also a good shot and can be an option on the Flyers' second PP unit (on the right side for the one-timer). His main issue is his defensive game. He is/was a turnover machine and makes rookie mistakes, especially on the neutral zone. Putting him on 3-on-3 was also a hugr gamble because either he can make your team win on a solo, or make a game-losing mistake on a huge brain cramp.

It was a bit annoying because he has a great play-off run in 2020 where he literally beat Vegas all by himself in the conference final, and we thought "finally, he's taking off !" But that was a mirage and he's never reached that level since. Overall, I'm wondering if he can fit into a system run by Tortorella. When Bowness took over the team with his defensive mindset, he quickly became Rick's whipping boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Math said:

Yeap you're right, Gurianov has always played on the right.

His main force is his speed. Very fast skater. He has also a good shot and can be an option on the Flyers' second PP unit (on the right side for the one-timer). His main issue is his defensive game. He is/was a turnover machine and makes rookie mistakes, especially on the neutral zone. Putting him on 3-on-3 was also a hugr gamble because either he can make your team win on a solo, or make a game-losing mistake on a huge brain cramp.

It was a bit annoying because he has a great play-off run in 2020 where he literally beat Vegas all by himself in the conference final, and we thought "finally, he's taking off !" But that was a mirage and he's never reached that level since. Overall, I'm wondering if he can fit into a system run by Tortorella. When Bowness took over the team with his defensive mindset, he quickly became Rick's whipping boy.

Thanks bud for take the time to give us a scouting report pretty much some of what i knew or guessed. Well said.

You get this guy back from 2019 and well i could see the team winning the first round depending on who that is

...or at least maybe taking it to like 7 games the first series if goaltending holds up

but they have to fix the power play before anyone takes them seriously

:joe:

Gurianov has a lot of skill around the net and has a very good shot, and Allison has never shown the Flyers enough to prove to them that he's an NHLer. So, it's a good deal for the Flyers. Maybe he sticks around and helps Michkov, when he hopefully makes his debut, in 2026. It's a good "prove it" deal, for Gurianov.

• Like 1